Getting Bored.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Have a goal - like something big.

My current goal is a burger joint in space.
Complete with singing Aliens?

Something a little like this?
5468004_3_l.jpg

:p

Actually just noticed the Millennium Falcon there to the right lol. Never noticed that before :p

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Breed every single possible bee, tree, and butterfly in your chosen modpack (get genes for each one, along with genes for all possible effects/tolerances/etc.) - without using gendustry.

Is that even possible?

Seriously? It's easily do-able, I'm almost there, except for the butterflies, which I've only collected a quantity of, but not bred them. There seems to be issue with the butterflies, it's never truly been completed to my knowledge, based on my web researching it all. For instance, there are references to "caterpillars" which haven't made it into the mod yet.

But yes, I have bred every bee manually, using the ExtraBees machines of course, I don't collect bees, I collect serum vials. :) But never touched Gendustry.

Trees, same thing, I'm down to my last few species (kinda ran out of gas on the few which quite honestly are rather useless), what I did was I went into NEI and for every sapling, I looked at the recipe to see the cross-breed, then I compiled all that info into a spreadsheet so I didn't waste a lot of time or effort (edit to add: if you want to say I cheated, that's fair!). Additionally, I used the sieve blocks in the alvearies to collect tree pollen, I built a glass-enclosed area to house my trees, my butterflies, and there are four alvearies in there to collect pollen. I plant one tree species, let it run for an hour, and that gives me 12 pollen each run. Then I breed my tree species using the pollen on the leaf blocks, with a auto-spawner providing me with an endless stream of villagers who sell the proven grafters... etc etc

It can def be done, and I have the Monster SSP world to prove it (not uploaded anywhere tho for proof haha). You've now motivated me to go figure out all the butterfly species now, so thanks. :)

Last edited:

Vasa

Jul 29, 2019
You should add Minechem5 and get every element (118?)..
And then create periodic table of elements on wall so it looks cool.

Reactions: Padfoote

Loxinnightwalker

Jul 29, 2019
Find something hard to craft and make a factory for it in the hardest, and slowest (And most fun.) way you can think of, and remember to post pics once you are done. :)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Is that even possible?
Very easy, aside from the Jaded Bee. One just needs patience and to do some things in certain dates(or change the date to do such things).

OT: Power things with magical systems. That is, make a normal base, but all power generation must be magical in nature. No Nuclear Reactors, no Solars, nothing but Magic. I say power your base with magic instead of only using magic because Tech is too useful to outright cut, even if it has close to zero place in Minecraft, unlike Magic which fits perfectly.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Very easy, aside from the Jaded Bee. One just needs patience and to do some things in certain dates(or change the date to do such things).

OT: Power things with magical systems. That is, make a normal base, but all power generation must be magical in nature. No Nuclear Reactors, no Solars, nothing but Magic. I say power your base with magic instead of only using magic because Tech is too useful to outright cut, even if it has close to zero place in Minecraft, unlike Magic which fits perfectly.

Grows magic coal plant.
Harvests magic coal plants.
Uses incidental nature essence from harvesting to make infused coal.
Generates powah with infused coal.

or

Stop being a scrub and automate your alumentums.

or

I know you can collect LP in a bucket and store it...but can you use it in a reactant dynamo? Constant stream of villagers -> Liquid LP -> Reactant dynamo -> POWAH! would be seriously awesome