Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
I can't get the Agrarian Skies Maps to show up in a new install. They are missing. Any tips?

I found the map under the maps heading. I'm a dork!

Xheotris

Jul 29, 2019
Hi! Looooong time lurker here. Does anyone know what the little arrow-on-a-square upgrades for the latest version of Rotarycraft do? I can't seem to find anything about them online.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

thebigturnip

Jul 29, 2019
What is the normal development cycle of a FTB modpack update? I'm wondering when Monster 1.1.2 will become the recommended build and all I can find is that it will follow the normal development cycle.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Last edited:

thebigturnip

Jul 29, 2019

Miguel1118

Jul 29, 2019
How Natura config tree rarity and range work?
I want to generate 1 sakura tree every 10 x 10 chunks or something like that
This is what config file show:

I:"Sakura Tree Spawn Range"=32
I:"Sakura Tree Spawn Rarity"=10

Last edited:

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
I'm playing agrarian skies and my AE system won't Auto-craft things. It will craft things if all of the ingredients are in the system, but it won't auto-craft things that it needs. For example, I have Jungle Logs in the system and the pattern for planks in the auto-crafter, but it won't craft planks to make pistons.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but it's rather game breaking on something like agrarian skies. Is there a way to fix this? I know ME Interfaces have an option to craft things that is needed or not, but was something implemented into AE or something?

Assuming that the recipe you have for planks uses Jungle logs then it should be working. Maybe some part of the network isn't chunk-loaded?

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Assuming that the recipe you have for planks uses Jungle logs then it should be working. Maybe some part of the network isn't chunk-loaded?
The island isn't that big yet, yet alone the ae system. Most of my automation is still using Itemducts and fluiducts with the AE system accepting the resulting items/fluids. Even when i'm out near my mob farm the entire system is within the player's naturally loaded area.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
The island isn't that big yet, yet alone the ae system. Most of my automation is still using Itemducts and fluiducts with the AE system accepting the resulting items/fluids. Even when i'm out near my mob farm the entire system is within the player's naturally loaded area.

Does the AE system list the Plank crafting option from the MAC in the crafting window?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I'm kind of terrified to ask an IC2 question, since I'm, what, the last FTB player to enjoy it?

That said: There's an Argentia crop apparently. Does anyone know what's required to get it?

I forget how IC2 crops work, and whether I'll eventually get argentia from wheat/wheat or if I need a certain combination of a certain tier of plants to have a chance at it.

Edited: May have answered my own question. Some serious googling uncovered a russian site which, when translated, seems to indicate its a Tier 7 plant. So to get it I probably just have to keep re-breeding higher tiers

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I'm kind of terrified to ask an IC2 question, since I'm, what, the last FTB player to enjoy it?
You are not alone. Just seem that the people who like it don't have this mysterious need to tell everyone else about it, as the people who don't like it do.

Reactions: Pyure

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Ermerhgerd IC sucks nao soo greggyhard.

I still find it really useful for certain things but man, those recipes are so boring to do by hand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Oh I made extensive use of IC2 in 1.5. I just don't like how the capabilities essentially remained the same while the fannying about to attain the rewards got a huge boost in 1.6

It was fairly balanced in terms of effort -> reward before.

If they were going to make everything more annoying to use, they could at least have added more high-end stuff to make it worthwhile.

Reactions: trajing

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed. Still couldn't eschew it though - fully overclocked electric furnaces are a delight to use :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I'm playing agrarian skies and my AE system won't Auto-craft things. It will craft things if all of the ingredients are in the system, but it won't auto-craft things that it needs. For example, I have Jungle Logs in the system and the pattern for planks in the auto-crafter, but it won't craft planks to make pistons.

I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but it's rather game breaking on something like agrarian skies. Is there a way to fix this? I know ME Interfaces have an option to craft things that is needed or not, but was something implemented into AE or something?
Did you configure the crafting pattern thingamabobs manually, or did you use the question mark button in NEI to do it?

Because, if you used NEI to auto-configure the piston recipe and it put four different kinds of planks in there, your MAC will look for four different kinds of planks. If you program the piston recipe manually with the jungle planks that you have (and you've also programmed a recipe for jungle planks), then when you request a piston, the MAC will look for jungle planks, see the recipe for them, and craft some as needed.

You can also overwrite the planks in the existing pattern manually; there's no need to clear it and configure the whole recipe manually- just put the configured pattern back in the encoder. You also need to be careful in this way with other things with multiple OreDictionary versions, such as glass.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually sure that the contents of this post are true; if fixing fixing the recipes in this way solves the problem, then I'm fairly sure that the rest of the post is true; if it doesn't, ignore this post.

Reactions: Hambeau

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Did you configure the crafting pattern thingamabobs manually, or did you use the question mark button in NEI to do it?

Because, if you used NEI to auto-configure the piston recipe and it put four different kinds of planks in there, your MAC will look for four different kinds of planks. If you program the piston recipe manually with the jungle planks that you have (and you've also programmed a recipe for jungle planks), then when you request a piston, the MAC will look for jungle planks, see the recipe for them, and craft some as needed.

You can also overwrite the planks in the existing pattern manually; there's no need to clear it and configure the whole recipe manually- just put the configured pattern back in the encoder. You also need to be careful in this way with other things with multiple OreDictionary versions, such as glass.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually sure that the contents of this post are true; if fixing fixing the recipes in this way solves the problem, then I'm fairly sure that the rest of the post is true; if it doesn't, ignore this post.
I've had issues with this before. All my recipes in the MAC use Minecraft Glass, Minecraft Jungle Planks, Minecraft Cobblestone, and Minecraft Sticks just for that reason. Unfortunately, i can say that this isn't the issue. I wish it were something this simple and obvious.