Teleporting and gates....what are the options?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
IC2 teleporters?
Knowledge fragments are not required, they just make life easier. ;)

Sadly, there is no way around making instrumentum from primal aspects (other than scanning all axes and shovels that you see in NEI).
What do you mean?
Instrumentum is humnus and ordo, humanus is bestia and cognito, cognito is spiritus and terra IIRC, bestia is victus and motus, motus is aer and aqua, victus is terra and aqua, spiritus is victus and mortuus, mortuus is victus and perdito, and victus(as stated before) is terra and aqua.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
So, there is nothing you need knowledge fragments for? I have all that unlocked except two of the "tiny"s, and I'm pretty sure I've scanned enough weapons and armor.

Meanwhile, the bigger research problem I have now is that I can't pay for the research you must buy with certain aspects. People have said this makes things easier, but it actually makes things harder. With the research table, you can almost always find a path using aspects you have and minimize use of the rarer ones. I wonder if anyone has found a way to automate the deconstruction table. Creating Instrumentum and Humanus from basic aspects is taking forever.

I believe if you've set the difficulty for researching to easy, you're able to actually eat knowledge fragments to gain research points for the base aspects...

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
There's a stargate mod that'll add stargates and dhds. Pretty sweet, if you can cope with a CIRCLE in minecraft :p

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I scanned the projectile now - I did NOT unlock the KAMI research.
Hmph. Disappointing. But did you check that KAMI was enabled in the config? Some packs disable it by default.[DOUBLEPOST=1403814677][/DOUBLEPOST]
They are from ender IO. If you are holding a staff of travelling you can see the anchors through walls and teleport to them. I think that you can do the same thing without the staff if you are standing on an anchor.
According to the spotlight I watched, if you go through walls the range is reduced to 6. Or was it you can get through walls up to 6 blocks thick? Must check...

Quantax

Jul 29, 2019
I scanned the projectile now - I did NOT unlock the KAMI research.

You need to research everything else before KAMI content appears. Scanning the projectile unlocks the primal wand (I think) which you need for the "all research" requirement. In my current Monster play, I needed to research the extras too (Magic Bees, RC) before KAMI opened.

On-topic:

I have seen videos where Applied Energistics Spatial IO is used as a teleport system since it also transports players if they are in the transported area. I haven't tried this myself so I can't say how viable this is.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
1. Holding the primal charm unlocks the primal focus after a bit.
2. Scanning the primal focus unlocks the primal staff core.
3. Scanning the blast emitted by the primal focus unlocks... what? I haven't yet.

But for teleporting, I will be using either EP, MFFS, or that Warp book.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
You need to research everything else before KAMI content appears. Scanning the projectile unlocks the primal wand (I think) which you need for the "all research" requirement. In my current Monster play, I needed to research the extras too (Magic Bees, RC) before KAMI opened.
Yep. It unlocks the "Staff Core of the Primal", which was the last research item I needed after scanning a dozen Aqua nodes and an extended research session. I actually unlocked KAMI. I almost can't believe it. Now for those Celestial gateways, where KAMI ties in to the topic of this thread.... I guess it will take some time to get there, but that's OK.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Back to the Gateway issue.... Make a Mystcraft Age and build a Portal Tower in it. then just build a portal from all your travel destinations to that tower and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
This has been a disappointing thread for me to read since I've just started trying to use Enhanced Portals and have run into the inventory/crash bug people are talking about. I was hoping it was just something I'd done wrong. The inventory stuff I can live with, but currently whenever I move from the portal in my base to the test portal I set up at my friend's base, it crashes every client logged into the server but mine. I was hoping there was some fix I didn't know about, but since the dev abandoned the mod I guess EP3 is just useless for me.

As for intra-linking mystcraft books, on our server as far as i know the admin didn't change any mystcraft configs and I was able to create intra-linking panels just fine. I hate the ink mixer mechanic but it IS functional.

edit: Our server is running monster with a few mods disabled, but none added.

Narc

Jul 29, 2019
@Deftscythe The version of Enhanced Portals in Monster is buggy, but updating to 3.0.0b-final2 seems to have fixed the inventory issues for me. Be aware, it also moves the config file and changes what things are named in there, so it's not really compatible with the FTB unified configs anymore (and has block ID conflicts with its default settings).

Reactions: Deftscythe

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Back to the Gateway issue.... Make a Mystcraft Age and build a Portal Tower in it. then just build a portal from all your travel destinations to that tower and back.
That's too slow. I don't want any delays caused by loading dimensions, except if I want to travel to one.[DOUBLEPOST=1403848709][/DOUBLEPOST]
As for intra-linking mystcraft books, on our server as far as i know the admin didn't change any mystcraft configs and I was able to create intra-linking panels just fine. I hate the ink mixer mechanic but it IS functional.
How do you create intra-linking panels?

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Thanks for the tip, but fixing the inventory issue is pointless if the crash persists.
The reports appear to indicate that the crash is linked to the inventory issues. Upgrading may be worth a try.

@Deftscythe:
That page only expains the basic mechanics. I found this one which actually tells me how to intra-link. Now I "only" have to find a crystal block page... easier said than done in a game with a gazillion biome pages.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
When it comes to getting crystals, I prefer to just randomly generate ages. I tend to find huge quantities of crystals within the first five or so generations. I seem to have good luck.

Reactions: Narc

MrCowle

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen a ton of it and I am yet to test this myself, but from what i've seen in videos the Witch's hand from witchery can teleport you back home with a single right click. I don't know if you can use more than one or how this is unlocked, but it seems like a somewhat viable teleportation/transportation device.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen a ton of it and I am yet to test this myself, but from what i've seen in videos the Witch's hand from witchery can teleport you back home with a single right click. I don't know if you can use more than one or how this is unlocked, but it seems like a somewhat viable teleportation/transportation device.
I think you need to be infused for that to work.

Reactions: trajing