Power Converters

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Hello! I'm trying to replace my extensive Mekanism power network, which is lagging the server to pieces according to the admins, with RF. So to do so I'm trying to make HV Solar arrays, run them though Power Converters to turn the EU into RF, tesseract that from the desert Myst world (so sun 24/7) back to my base in the Overworld. Well there are a few problems. First the RF Producer won't go over 9kRF, that's with two EV Consumers (Well, UV, when I put the second EV Consumer onto the Bridge it popped right back off even though it's being fed by an MFSU, so 2k out max, had to go to an UV Consumer) feeding a single bridge to a single RF Producer. So when I added the third MFSU to EV Consumer it didn't get any higher than that 9kRF output. So I put a second RF Producer on the bridge to a second Tesseract and the second RF Producer put out 0RF and the first was still putting out 9kRF. So I moved it over a few blocks, the 5 HV panels to MFSU to EV Consumer to a second Bridge to the second RF Producer to the second Tesseract, Same result, 0RF output. I changed the two Tesseract frequencies (On the second bridge and in the Overworld on the second Tesseract feeding the Resonance Energy Cell I use as a backup in case of power failure or to smooth out any sudden spikes in power usage.) in case there was some sort of feed back. Nope. I can't produce over 9kRF with Power Converters. Anyone know why or know of another system that will be efficient and server friendly at making RF from EU?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Hello! I'm trying to replace my extensive Mekanism power network, which is lagging the server to pieces according to the admins, with RF. So to do so I'm trying to make HV Solar arrays, run them though Power Converters to turn the EU into RF, tesseract that from the desert Myst world (so sun 24/7) back to my base in the Overworld. Well there are a few problems. First the RF Producer won't go over 9kRF, that's with two EV Consumers (Well, UV, when I put the second EV Consumer onto the Bridge it popped right back off even though it's being fed by an MFSU, so 2k out max, had to go to an UV Consumer) feeding a single bridge to a single RF Producer. So when I added the third MFSU to EV Consumer it didn't get any higher than that 9kRF output. So I put a second RF Producer on the bridge to a second Tesseract and the second RF Producer put out 0RF and the first was still putting out 9kRF. So I moved it over a few blocks, the 5 HV panels to MFSU to EV Consumer to a second Bridge to the second RF Producer to the second Tesseract, Same result, 0RF output. I changed the two Tesseract frequencies (On the second bridge and in the Overworld on the second Tesseract feeding the Resonance Energy Cell I use as a backup in case of power failure or to smooth out any sudden spikes in power usage.) in case there was some sort of feed back. Nope. I can't produce over 9kRF with Power Converters. Anyone know why or know of another system that will be efficient and server friendly at making RF from EU?
Greetings llloyd,

Any chance you can break that into logical paragraphs perhaps so its legible?

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Double post posts doubly
Oh! I got an error 533 when I clicked the first time, thought it had failed to post period. >.<[DOUBLEPOST=1403285198][/DOUBLEPOST]
Use Big Reactors to produce RF out of the box.
With all the mining I've done in the Under Dark I've only got 111 Yellorium Ore, so I really don't have the ore to do it. :( Though if there is a calculation website to show designs and typical RF outputs I might consider it, would have to spot mine using a Digi Miner (set it to Yellorium only) in the Overworld to get enough to make and fuel one.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
As I said in the other thread, Mekanism energy cubes can accept EU and output RF so you could use those to convert.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Double post posts doubly

gqqmTf4.gif

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Greetings llloyd,

Any chance you can break that into logical paragraphs perhaps so its legible?

Right, let me see...

Presently I have 40 Hydrogen Generators and an extensive Mekanism Universal Cable network which I'm getting griped at by the admins as something called MekanismNetwork in Opis (don't ask me, I am not a server admin. >.< ) is excessively high. So I thought I'd create HV Solar Arrays and convert it to RF, don't know of any other way to make massive amounts of RF efficiently. To convert it I only know of one way, with Power Converters. Electrical Engines only produce Buildcraft MJs. So I've been slowly making HV Solar Arrays as the resources provide. At present I have everything power producing feeding into channel 99 on a Tesseract that outputs to a single RE Power Cell to several other Tesseracts though a Redstone Energy Conduit. The RE Power Cell smooths out spikes and, if something should happen, be able to power things minimally until I can get things fixed. I also already made a desert biome world though Mystcraft for the Salination Towers for my Mekanism 5x Ore Processing system.

So here I am up to 15 HV arrays, I set them up 4 powering a single MFSU (512x4 is 2048 and an MFSU can output 2048 ). I presently have two sets, 8 HVs clustered around two MFSUs powering two UV Consumers (Oddly when I put a second EV consumer onto the bridge it popped right back off, EV Consumer is 2048 max in and an MFSU is 2048 max out so a perfect pairing, no over voltage) and one RF Producer feeding a Tesseract. Though the EU/t input is pretty much all over the place, it's not steady, nor is the RF output, but it does spike at 9k RF. Which messes with my head to be honest. According to the configuration it's a 4 to 1 ratio. Let me see...

D:IndustrialCraftInternalEnergyPerEachInput=4000.0
D:IndustrialCraftInternalEnergyPerEachOutput=4000.0

and

D:"Thermal ExpansionInternalEnergyPerEachInput"=1000.0
D:"Thermal ExpansionInternalEnergyPerEachOutput"=1000.0

Dropping the extra 0s that is 4 per unit to 1 per unit. So 9k RF should be 32k EU/t o_O

Regardless of that... It won't spike above 9kRF/t . I added a third UV Consumer to the bridge and a third MFSU and a 3rd set of 4 HVs and the 3rd Consumer constantly reads 0, the MFSU is filling up so there is power being fed in, the dot is facing the UV Consumer like it is on the other two but it's not using it. So I put on a second RF Producer onto the set up with it's own Tesseract. No go, the second RF Producer sits at 0 as does the EU/t of the third UV Consumer.

So at that point I made a second bridge, took the third set of HV Arrays, the MFSU, the UV Consumer and moved over a few blocks and set them up as a second Consumer / Bridge / Producer like the first with it's own Tesseract. No go, the second bridge reports 0 EU input 0 RF output. Thinking there might be feed back, I put a second tesseract onto the RE Energy Cell, set it's frequency to 98, input/output only energy, set the second setup Tesseract as frequency 98 and same thing, no input and no output. >.<[DOUBLEPOST=1403287140][/DOUBLEPOST]
As I said in the other thread, Mekanism energy cubes can accept EU and output RF so you could use those to convert.
Not directly, I tried to connect glass fiber to a Mekanism cube and it didn't connect. Also trying to move away from Mekanism entirely due to the complaints by the sys admins.>.<

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Right, clicked post, saw the error, tried again, got grabbed in RL to do things, came back and saw it errored again and tried again and it succeeded. >.<

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
Energy conduit works with Mekanism so you could keep your hydrogen generators and wire everything up with energy conduit, I don't know how good (performance wise) they are but I doubt they are that bad.

I don't know what the problem with power converters is.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, if you're wanting to get power from Mekanism sources converted over to RF cleanly, then just use Ender IO conduits, they can handle it as well as MJ. As for converting from EU...I've got an idea that does away with Power Converters completely, and just works with what Mek's already got. Basically, at your EU source's output, place a single piece of the best (read: highest tier) universal cable you've got. Then, just continue wiring with Ender IO or whatever method of RF transport you choose. This should cut down drastically on the amount of Mek cables you're using, which should, in theory, cut down on the impact they're having on the server.

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019
Aye, if you're wanting to get power from Mekanism sources converted over to RF cleanly, then just use Ender IO conduits, they can handle it as well as MJ. As for converting from EU...I've got an idea that does away with Power Converters completely, and just works with what Mek's already got. Basically, at your EU source's output, place a single piece of the best (read: highest tier) universal cable you've got. Then, just continue wiring with Ender IO or whatever method of RF transport you choose. This should cut down drastically on the amount of Mek cables you're using, which should, in theory, cut down on the impact they're having on the server.

*hmm* As the server doesn't have Ender IO. Been trying to talk them into adding it though since it's pretty neat. Expensive but neat.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Oh! I got an error 533 when I clicked the first time, thought it had failed to post period. >.<[DOUBLEPOST=1403285198][/DOUBLEPOST]
With all the mining I've done in the Under Dark I've only got 111 Yellorium Ore, so I really don't have the ore to do it. :( Though if there is a calculation website to show designs and typical RF outputs I might consider it, would have to spot mine using a Digi Miner (set it to Yellorium only) in the Overworld to get enough to make and fuel one.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0An54qOfSiXfJdEcyaHAxWURaZTR2eEpEWEFaU0xydXc#gid=0
This is a spreadsheet that might interest you. :)

Kirameki

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Engineers Toolbox, try experimenting with the the EU Adapter block. Not sure if it has a hard throughput limit, default may be RF>EU but pretty sure you can configure it to go the other way (or it might do so automatically..?)

llloyd

Jul 29, 2019

Most of that has already been done, I broke the machine room down into sections and each section has a tesseract and energy cell feeding redstone energy conduits that feed all the machines except a single 2nd tier mek cable for the IC2 machines. Only two massive networks left is the 40 Hydro Gens and the 5x Ore Processing setup, once I can feed everything off of the HV Arrays the Hydro Gens will be gone with their network, all will be left is the 5x Ore Processing. Since there is no way to do 5x Ore Processing with anything but Mek that has to remain Mek cables. >.<[DOUBLEPOST=1403297704][/DOUBLEPOST]
*peeks* Nice! Thanks! :D Though how can diamonds be a coolant? o_O Let me poke at YouTube. Thanks. :D

Zarkov

Mar 22, 2013
I'm getting 32768 RF/t out of a single RF producer (it's bugged in the version in Monster 1.1.1 and displayed as a negative value) when connected to one energy bridge and one UV consumer connected to four EV windmills. Make sure that the receiving tesseract has at least 4 redstone energy conduit connections (a single connection can only handle 10 k):

EU power sources (up to 8192 EU/t) -> UV consumer -> energy bridge -> RF producer -> tesseract -> tesseract surrounded by redstone energy conduits. Then just duplicate that setup per 8192 EU/t.