"[STDOUT] You have some mods with DRM, you must remove these to continue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm.
Pastebin has a log limit?
Try paste.ee or similar.
Also, I doubt Reika wanted a file PM'd, a simple modlist might have done. Then he could find the downloads.
EDIT: So, its betterspawners? Never heard of it.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Also, I doubt Reika wanted a file PM'd, a simple modlist might have done. Then he could find the downloads.
Prodrone:
Send me just the mods made by the friend of your admin. Do not send me the entire pack, as I have most of the same mods and can rule them out from experience. My initial suspicion - that of the author believing "requiring modpacks to have permission = DRM" - a sentiment I have seen before - appears inconsistent with the mods triggering the system, as Mo'Creatures and ThaumCraft have the most restrictive pack perms I know yet do not appear. No, this one appears personal.

;)

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Found it.
http://pastebin.com/rP1dWEWZ

Not only have my suspicions been confirmed, but we can all enjoy the realization that the guy making this mod not only is dumb enough to try this sort of enforcement, but also to think the tag "BuildCraft" is going to catch the various chunks of BuildCraft, which are tagged things like "BuildCraft|Energy" and the like.

I also kind of like how he added almost all my mods at once near the end, presumably in some sort of "OMG this guy has like 10 mods" panic.

Not surprisingly, this moron's other three mods - "Slower Redstone", "Mob Buff", and "Double Diamonds" also contain this code in their preload phase.

@Prodrone
What your admin's friend is doing is incredibly stupid and very much against the rules. Mind feeding them to the dragon?

wolfenstein19

Jul 29, 2019
Found it.

Not only have my suspicions been confirmed, but we can all enjoy the realization that the guy making this mod not only is dumb enough to try this sort of enforcement, but also to think the tag "BuildCraft" is going to catch the various chunks of BuildCraft, which are tagged things like "BuildCraft|Energy" and the like.

I also kind of like how he added almost all my mods at once near the end, presumably in some sort of "OMG this guy has like 10 mods" panic.

Not surprisingly, this moron's other three mods - "Slower Redstone", "Mob Buff", and "Double Diamonds" also contain this code in their preload phase.

@Prodrone
What your admin's friend is doing is incredibly stupid and very much against the rules. Mind feeding them to the dragon?
You got to appreciate the irony that the guy who is apparently valiantly pretending to be against DRM with this practice is the only one who in turn actually enforced DRM that day.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Found it.

@Prodrone
All seems kind of suspicious since this guy doesn't know about you supposedly if you look at the earlier posts yet he is playing monster and 'found' your name on google.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
All seems kind of suspicious since this guy doesn't know about you supposedly if you look at the earlier posts yet he is playing monster and 'found' your name on google.
I am not particularly surprised by this. I have been subjected to accusations of DRM repeatedly in the past - often due to my mod's ToS banning things like selling access to items - and googling various related strings does indeed pull up some old reddit, twitter, and other threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.