[1.6.4] HappyDiggers AMP - Updated - Now with 98% more Awesome!

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
That's right, I'll only consider new mods if they add something unique or interesting that's worth having in the pack and if they do not cause to much of a performance hit. Mystcraft and dimensional doors are definitely out of the question because of this.

Pneumaticcraft in my opinion doesn't add enough interesting mechanics the way it is right now. It has a really cool elevator system, but we already have 6 or 7 jetpacks, an elevator block and the arcane elevator.

As for adding Electricraft, I don't think adding that will bring enough new features. We already have several power systems running all at once and convertors so you can easily mix and match them in your base. Rotarycraft and Reactorcraft both have a unique system in the way they power their machines and as such warrant a spot in the mod list.

Also the machines from Reika's mods use more CPU time then any other I've seen so far. They even outclass GregTech when it comes to CPU time they need to perform their function. Building one ReactorCraft reactor would take up half of our server's performance. It's really cool, but you pay the price in performance :)

Reactions: Fuzzbling

Tabu

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for having Gtech in this pack. I wasn't into all the drama that went with it being removed from FTB packs and it is nice to have something that is updated to play.

I am really enjoying the visual mods that have been added, it gives MC a whole new look.

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
@Tabu
I've witnessed quite a lot of the drama between GT and TC. Some of the weird stuff TC pulled was reported by me first. In hind sight it may have been better to leave that alone, but at the time I didn't know Gregorious and Mdiyo's personalities yet. So I simply reported an infinite resource exploit caused by TC using blocks from GT. The MCF and IC2 forums exploded. It was absolutely ridiculous seeing people's reactions to what was a very simple issue. And both mod authors made things worse by the way they responded. At that time the preferred method of retaliation was spamming the end-user with giant walls of text blaming the other mod. In the end TC added an option to disable the infinite resource exploit and the matter was closed. But it could definitely have been handled a lot better.

Whatever their personal issues may be, we like the mods of both authors and have therefore included them in AMP. We don't care about the drama surrounding them as long as they can be integrated into our mod pack like any other mod. I'm glad you're enjoying the pack :)

@DimmerWorld
Whenever I update AMP I check all the mods in the pack for updates. However it quite often happens that after a few days after we submit a new version to the FTB mod pack team, a mod author releases a new version. It can then take a week or so before that new version is play tested and find it's way into a new release. It would be easier for us mod pack makers if all the mod authors would release new versions on the same day, but that will never happen of course :)

HappyDiggers AMP v2.7.2 has just been submitted to the FTB mod pack team. It was a few days later then I had hoped but we wanted to try and test a few new things first before releasing this version.

DimmerWorld

Jul 29, 2019
5mE8Cxs.jpg

TrollmenX

Jul 29, 2019
2.7.2 hit the servers, so what's changed?

edit:
Update summary:
old world is broken,
world generation is broken
ids are different or missing...
Minecraft froze when world is loading.
Something went wrong

Last edited:

Sverf

Jul 29, 2019
The changelog for those interested:

v2.7.2
-Added more glass types as sealable blocks for Galacticraft.
-Added more block types as microblocks.
-Visiting someone else's space station no longer requires permission.
-Updated DartCraft to Beta 0.2.20v2
-Updated DragonAPI to v24
-Updated Galacticraft to 2.0.13.1078
-Updated Galacticraft-Planets to 2.0.13.1078
-Updated MicdoodleCore to 2.0.13.1078
-Updated ReactorCraft to v24
-Updated Roguelike Dungeons to v1.3.3
-Updated RotaryCraft to v24

v2.7.1
-Updated Mekanism to 6.0.5.46
-Updated Mekanism Generators to 6.0.5.46
-Updated Mekanism Tools to 6.0.5.46

v.2.7.0
-Added Steves Factory Manager
-Added Twilight Forest completely, not just the config files.
-Server only: updated mcpc-plus to R2.1-forge965-B272
-Updated DartCraft to Beta 0.2.19v5
-Updated DragonAPI to v23d
-Updated Enderforest to v24
-Updated Galacticraft to 2.0.13.1071
-Updated GalacticraftPlanets to 2.0.13.1071
-Updated Hardcore Ender Expansion to 1.6.1
-Updated LogisticsPipes to 0.7.4.dev.233
-Updated Magic Bees to 2.1.13
-Updated Mekanism to 6.0.5.45
-Updated Mekanism Generators to 6.0.5.45
-Updated Mekanism Tools to 6.0.5.45
-Updated MicdoodleCore to 2.0.13.1071
-Updated OpenBlocks to 1.2.8-snapshot-411
-Updated OpenModsLib to 0.5-snapshot-209
-Updated ReactorCraft to v23d
-Updated RotaryCraft to v23d
-Updated Tubes to 2.0.3

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
which world type in generation is suggested. I started twice and rng god gave me tundra both times using biomes o plenty and got killed by zombies during the day and one surprise block I was stupid enough to open *hehe* and this isn't even a survival map *haha* not a complaint. funny to me.

Anyways, again, world type generation? BOP? Also, why does it take so long to load, like twice as long as monster. is this the gtech paranoia scripting going on? TPPI seems to be affected by it as well. It eventually loads but I have some graphical glitches (icons not correct, most notably at the start, the one book for reactorcraft I think. It seems to be some mismatches. New world, latest version on launcher (2.7.2).

Actually, looking at reactorcraft in NEI shows about 20+ items all have same graphic (outline and nothing else). btw, takes 5-8 minutes to load. monster about 2-3 (if that).

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
which mod controls the leaves falling from the trees? Weathermod/tropicraft? With a resource pack, they look REALLY out of place and I'd like to disable them. I already disabled the wind sound since it's really annoying. TIA

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
which world type in generation is suggested. I started twice and rng god gave me tundra both times using biomes o plenty and got killed by zombies during the day and one surprise block I was stupid enough to open *hehe* and this isn't even a survival map *haha* not a complaint. funny to me.

Anyways, again, world type generation? BOP? Also, why does it take so long to load, like twice as long as monster. is this the gtech paranoia scripting going on? TPPI seems to be affected by it as well. It eventually loads but I have some graphical glitches (icons not correct, most notably at the start, the one book for reactorcraft I think. It seems to be some mismatches. New world, latest version on launcher (2.7.2).

Actually, looking at reactorcraft in NEI shows about 20+ items all have same graphic (outline and nothing else). btw, takes 5-8 minutes to load. monster about 2-3 (if that).

which mod controls the leaves falling from the trees? Weathermod/tropicraft? With a resource pack, they look REALLY out of place and I'd like to disable them. I already disabled the wind sound since it's really annoying. TIA

Yes, tropiccraft (weather mod, to be precise? not sure...) also adds falling leaves. So does better leaves and grass mod. You might want to disable this other one.
Loading takes a long time and there is nothing one can do about it. gregtech waits for all mods to load (and there are many to load) and then tweaks mods with its own changes.
There is also a lot of world gen from pretty much all the mods that are part of the pack.
If you have optifine installed, there might be issues with your graphical glitches. optifine somehow works badly with monster pack, and works fine with the other packs, even with the karonyix patch applied. Likely this might be the issue in your case as well.
Some of us prefer ATG - alternate as our world gen, as it makes the world more challenging. But bear in mind that that would make loading time worse.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yes, tropiccraft (weather mod, to be precise? not sure...) also adds falling leaves. So does better leaves and grass mod. You might want to disable this other one.
Loading takes a long time and there is nothing one can do about it. gregtech waits for all mods to load (and there are many to load) and then tweaks mods with its own changes.
There is also a lot of world gen from pretty much all the mods that are part of the pack.
If you have optifine installed, there might be issues with your graphical glitches. optifine somehow works badly with monster pack, and works fine with the other packs, even with the karonyix patch applied. Likely this might be the issue in your case as well.
Some of us prefer ATG - alternate as our world gen, as it makes the world more challenging. But bear in mind that that would make loading time worse.

The graphical glitches are similar to a item ID conflict, but this is a new installation so dunno what to tell you. I always setup with big reactors anyways, so I won't be playing with reactorcraft anyways. won't bother me at all. oh, and I've got no optifine.

rain inside the house, and leaves everywhere. Never played with better leaves/grass but have played with tropicraft. I edited the volume for the wind already, not disabled it. the leaves are very blotchy and they are floating around with nicely textured trees so they look really off. Interesting pack. some mods I've never played with. I setup in a BOP so I'll just continue to play there. I just got hit by bad RNG the first time and spawned where there were some hat wearing zombies in the day under some trees and they ganked me before I could do anything. I eventually continued with my second roll of world and after starting in tundra again, I decided to just hoof it to a nearby autumn hills where I'm rolling in persimons so ...

Noticed some things. TIC tools aren't configured to be redone/swapped out in tinkers. i.e. can't exchange the head of a pickaxe, need to make an entire new one. Not much you can do about gtech. anytime a pack takes an inordinate time to load, it's always that mod. oh well.

Thanks for replying. I'll try to find where the leaves in tropicraft are configured and turn that off. and start digging.

ty for replying

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
one other thing, I noticed that mapwriter T for teleport was changed to . (period) but neither work. T gives an unknown command (/tp works manually in chat) and period does nothing. I thought I saw on previous page that that was fixed in previous version or something? Just more strangeness I guess.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, so figured out the mapwriter teleport (config was using /tppos not just /tp ) but after searching for an hour or so, I perused the configs and noticed this in powercrystals/mfr config:
S:WorldGen.RubberTreeBiomeWhitelist=0

ummm that explains why I haven't found any rubber trees. I don't think this was intended since it's enabled a couple lines above... This is my first experience with this pack, so am I oblivious to something obvious here or did someone fat finger the config? I don't think trees get regen'd like ores do and this only takes affect on world creation (I may be wrong). just letting someone know this. I'll probably have to nei some saplings to get rubber here cause I haven't even found any ic2 rubber trees either.

so far, this has been the most stable gregtech pack I've played so I'm getting a real gtech experience and yeah, so far not been too impressed (with gregtech). buckets / hoppers requiring like an order of magnitude more complexity to make? I never realized he got his hands into so much from the early game, thought he just modified late game stuff. Also those unidirectional ores (gelena?) wtf is so special about them? I looked at recipes and they aren't even used for anything really important either so why hide them sort of? mind boggling.

fun pack tho. saw my first tornado (played another pack a while back that had tropico/weather mod in it and never saw a single one). me and a couple cows and skels and a zombie got sucked into it and played tag. fun. do they get destructive to the terrain cause I thought they did but this thing just picked up entities....

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
I have been away for the past two weeks doing things that involve as little computer time as possible. The pack was submitted before I went away, I just didn't have the opportunity to post the changelog earlier. Thanks Sverf :)

For world-gen see the installation section in the OP. We recommend using the Alternate Terrain Generator. BoP is automatically loaded.

The teleport command in MapWriter was deliberately changed to /tppos to make it compatible with the server version of AMP. However since it's now not working in single player (I never play AMP in single player), I'll consider adding Essentials to the default server installation with an alias for the /TP command so both single- and multi player work.

We disabled the IC2 rubber trees long ago, I think it was still in Minecraft 1.5.2. Players can use the rubber trees from Minefactory Reloaded to get the rubber they need. IC2 and MFR rubber are interchangeable in AMP. You can even craft the one into the other due to a custom recipe if you really want to. The reason for this is that we try to keep world gen as clean as possible. We have disabled many redundant features from various mods because generating new chunks is one of the most CPU intensive tasks there is. One of the most notable ones being double ore types and rubber trees. So no, I did not fat finger the config ;)

About GregTech, see my previous post just a little bit above this one. It's in reply to Tabu's post. I would prefer it of course if we were able to disable Ore Dictionary Unification at this point, but we simply can't. In theory it's one of the best features to have in any mod pack. Basically it'll remove any redundant items so you don't end up with 10 kinds of iron ore (although if they generate, they make things slow down anyway), 10 types of iron ingot, etc. In practice it doubles the startup time of the mod packs at this point in time. Maybe Greg can find a way to optimize it later, but right now it's very slow. However we really enjoy having GT in our pack so it's here to stay.

We disabled the destructiveness of tornados a while ago (see changelog in OP) because if you run a server 24/7 your base will look pretty messed up in a week or so. Now they just make the tornado alarms go off so people can go outside to watch the show. They are a lot of fun :)

Hopefully that answers most of the questions raised. If I missed something let me know.

Last edited:

DimmerWorld

Jul 29, 2019
Free advice 1: never buy from that dealer again because they clearly don't know what they're doing. Installing any drivers/software that comes bundled with any kind of hardware is a big no-no.
Free advice 2: never buy AMD cards because, after all these years, their drivers still suck. Ignore the good experiences people describe, you are an example of a bad one.
Feel free to ignore, follow or disagree with the free advice at your leisure.

To try to solve your problem try downloading 2 things manually. Depending on your connection and server load, it shouldn't take 6 hours to download. I just tried and it took me a little under 30 seconds to get both files.
1. The latest available driver version. For AMD cards you can find drivers here http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
2. AMD Clean Uninstall Utility http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Clean-Uninstall-Utility.aspx

Run the Uninstall Utility first, then reboot.
Then install the new driver.

You can also download older driver versions from the AMD support site. When you have selected the driver for your OS, it's on the right side. Something called: Previous Drivers and Software.

Here are some direct links:
Current drivers for Windows 7 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 7 - 64
Current drivers for Windows 8.1 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 8.1 - 64

Older drivers for Windows 7 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows 7 - 64
Older drivers for Windows 8 64-bit http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/previous?os=Windows 8 - 64
Actually minecraft is more based on cpu, if your have a smashing videocard but like a shitty cpu you're going to have a bad experience.

InsaneJ

Jul 29, 2019
Actually minecraft is more based on cpu, if your have a smashing videocard but like a shitty cpu you're going to have a bad experience.
And vice versa. If you have a fast CPU but a slow video card you will also get poor performance.
Minecraft isn't just CPU bound, you also need a good GPU to get good performance. Especially when running modded clients that produce a lot of effects. Although I will admit you don't need a high-end video card to get good results. Anything main stream/mid segment will do nicely when combined with a fast CPU.

Here are some things you can check and/or try.
Your CPU is running really hot, it might be throttling itself. What frequency is it running at while it's at that temperature?
Are you running default graphics settings that come with AMP?
What are the framerate settings in the video options set at? Try selecting Max FPS.
AMD has always had poor OpenGL support. You can try enabling/disabling advanced OpenGL in the video options.
Are you running OptiFine? Although we recommend against it, you may want to give it a go. If you already are running Optifine, get rid of it.
Do you get such low FPS everywhere, or just in your current location? If it's bound to that location, make a copy of your world and in that copy start removing machines/blocks/whatever didn't spawn natural until your FPS goes back up.
Did you tweak your BIOS settings? If so, try running it at optimized defaults.

If you've watching my videos (https://www.youtube.com/HappyDiggers) you know a little bit what our current base looks like. When I'm standing in the main area with the ME terminals and all those GregTech machines my FPS goes down to 30~40 running at 2560x1600. Since I record at 30FPS you don't really notice it in the videos. But playing while not recording the slow down in FPS is very noticeable. Meaning that even on high-end hardware you can get low FPS. I think I've mentioned this before, but just so people don't have to scroll up. My PC currently has an Intel Core i7 4770K @4GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia 670GTX and I run the AMP instance with 4GB.

KuchenHead

Jul 29, 2019
Can somewhone please help me? :)

Ive i type "HappyDiggersAMP" in the Window for Private Pack Codes i always got the Error "invalid private pack"

My OS and Java are 64-Bit.I have 8GB ddr3 RAM and set it in option to 4gb.My Java Version is 8 Update 45.

Thanks for helping :)