Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Muphet

Jul 29, 2019
since it's not really technical question and there is no a good place for it in other categories:

What would be better for Single player world for me. Setting about 4GB of RAM and playing on single player (ftb unhinged) or setting up multiplayer server with for example 4GB of RAM and changing client to 2GB?
im loading minimal amount of chunks with some heavy gregTech machinery so i wonder if it would be better to use single or for example mcpc+ with equivalent ram amount.

edit: and since it kinda don't make sense: what about 2GB client and 2GB server instead of 4GB client only?

Reactions: RealSketch

Peewee

Jul 29, 2019
since it's not really technical question and there is no a good place for it in other categories:

What would be better for Single player world for me. Setting about 4GB of RAM and playing on single player (ftb unhinged) or setting up multiplayer server with for example 4GB of RAM and changing client to 2GB?
im loading minimal amount of chunks with some heavy gregTech machinery so i wonder if it would be better to use single or for example mcpc+ with equivalent ram amount.

edit: and since it kinda don't make sense: what about 2GB client and 2GB server instead of 4GB client only?
It depends on if your running the server on the same machine as your client. If so, it would be better to allocate 4gb to single player client. The reason a server helps with client lag is because it handles the chunkloading and world gen stuff, so if on the same machine it would load you down.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

Be careful stuffing too many machines in the same chunk. You can get a stack overflow crash by doing that. And besides, it isn't very server/client friendly either.

pAznik

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any changes for mob spawning in monster pack? Because they are not spawning in my world. there are some Lycanites mobs but this is all.(mobspawners, they work fine)

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Are there any changes for mob spawning in monster pack? Because they are not spawning in my world. there are some Lycanites mobs but this is all.(mobspawners, they work fine)
Are you on version 1.1.2 of Monster? Lycanites was bugged in 1.1.1, causing decreased spawning of everything.

Sannitybuild

Jul 29, 2019
The mods all come from different authors.

The only time you will ever need permission to do what you like with them is if you intend to distribute or make a publicly available modpack with them.
Ok, but what if i wanted a private pack, but just wanted to add a few mods into a big pack, use monster for example, could i copy the already configured mods from there without the hassle of fixing them all if i had perms for all the mods, or would i need permission from the ftb team to copy their configuration of the mods?

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Ok one more question FTB modpack mod or just any mod I have found like there is emerald miners bedrock mod or other mods that add bedrock and the ability to break it. But the only mod in FTB that I can think of is rotarycraft

Sent From My HTC EVO SUPERSONIC Using Tapatalk 2

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Ok one more question FTB modpack mod or just any mod I have found like there is emerald miners bedrock mod or other mods that add bedrock and the ability to break it. But the only mod in FTB that I can think of is rotarycraft

Sent From My HTC EVO SUPERSONIC Using Tapatalk 2
Ummm... anything.

GammaGoblin

Jul 29, 2019
Hello eveyrone.
Is there a way to play TechWorld with Gregtech? Can i simply install GT and go play, or there is something more to be done?

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Set up more pumpes! Works for me, i think mabye the pumps dont pump as fast mabye? Is the area chunk loaded?

I like the way you think :)

And you correctly worked out the problem too, my spot loader I was using for the pump setup was sat right next to the redstone torch I was using for the engines, disabling it.

So I was only getting lava transporting when I was in the nether. Derp XD