Zelda Wii U

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
So, you're saying that, in the context of the game, everything makes sense, which is true; whereas, I was saying that in real life, hardly anything makes sense from the game.
I was just wondering what point you're trying to make... :/

Double cherries are from that new WiiU game, Super Mario 3D World; eat one and you're duplicated.
Space is a vacuum, because it is quite literally empty space, except where it is taken up by objects; hence, Super Mario Galaxy kind of doesn't even make sense in its own context?
Invincibility is OP. =D
Game Freak releases Pokemon under Nintendo, doesn't it?
First off, OK, cool, didn't understand how the double cherries worked, let alone where they were from. Thus, they didn't come up with the concept, by the way, old pinball machines did.
Space is a vacuum, but it's hardly empty until you find something, it's just not filled with much stuff that we notice. Not everything is easy to see y'know...
Invicibiblity is OP, yes, and it should be used sparingly, and a good video game does this. Do Zelda games do this? Yup. Super Mario? Up. Etc Etc.
Game Freak releases under Nintendo, yes. They aren't Nintendo, though. Even if Nintendo is a parent company to Game Freak(is it, by the way?), it's not the same company.

My point is that if it makes sense in the story, it doesn't matter if makes zero sense in real life. An internally consistent story that is disjointed and hard to follow is objectively better then a story that is not internally consistent but is easy to read and understand. If it can be internally consistent and be easy to follow and understand, it's a great story, if it's able to catch your attention and interest you.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, gotcha there.
... how did I start this anyway?
I believe Game Freak is actually owned by Nintendo, gotta check...
EDIT: No, it's a second-party company, but makes its games "exclusively" for Nintendo. Go figure.

Spikednate12

Nov 14, 2012
Well umm, missed that next step there. Looked up and wow that got crazy fast.

Cannons shooting target dummies? Yes please, I'll sit there for hours. Just give me back my bombchu alley game and I'm good.

On the matter of the other issue at hand, I do have to agree with YX33A. Magic A is Magic A. I have actually taken logic classes in college of the matter, pair that with realizing that it is the same magic Argo. A is A. If we want to get deep into this then we can but I think the points been beaten down.

Space is also not a vacuum.

This is from personal knowledge but I figured I'd cite this one.

vacuum, Space in which there is no matter or in which the pressure is so low that any particles in the space do not affect any processes being carried on there. --http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/621344/vacuum http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/members/yx33a.22816/

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
Um...
WORDS OW MY BRAIN
My little bundle of blah for the evening:
Just because the shoe fits doesn't mean that it belongs to you. :p
Nintendo made the story, and fans invented the backstory. Who 'ya gonna trust - the automobile factory workers or the exaggerated "hype" ads?
Splits could also represent where time went haywire during the points where different incarnations of Link crossed paths, resulting in a ginormous ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff.
It doesn't have to make sense, it's only a video game. I mean, we already believe the "doctrines" of infinite pocket capacity, invulnerability to heat, the universal currency, alteration of the past to change a present future without the fabric of the universe folding in on itself or anything, physical changes that defy belief, the spirit of the three main protagonists continuing in their spiritual descendants...
And, this is the same company that gave us Yamask, Dunsparce, invincibility, space with atmospheres, double cherries...
If you want a game that makes sense, try this new one; it just came out, I think it's called "Minecraft".
(At least, before you put in OreSpawn, GregTech, DartCraft, or Trail Mix.)

Anyhoo: in the next Zelda title, I want to see a target practice minigame, where you get to aim a ship's cannon at images of short, fat men in green tights for rupees.
The closer to his face, the more exponentially increased your rewards are.
why you wanna kill tingle? i like him... kinda...

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
are you referring to windwaker? because in MM he was actually usefull yet optional
No, he was pretty much necessary in WW, unless you were using a guide. In MM, yes, he was optional, but the maps are quite useful.
However, his little "head-bob" in MM kind of threw me for a loop every time he "Koolooh-Limpah"-ed.
So yeah, he's kind of funny, but also weird/creepy.