Nuclear power and advanced tech. The good, the bad, and the mentally unstable (aka the USSR).

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
There is a thread about aura nodes that turned into a discussion about nuclear power. Since it /may/ be considered "off topic" I thought it should be moved here. So far there have really only been points made supporting nuclear energy someone should probably play devils advocate.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Wait.. WHAAAT?!

The point isn't we should play Devils Advocate when supporting it! The point is that organizations like Greenpeace scaremonger and convince the good little Goy's that Nuclear power is Bad and they should hate it and fear it and hate anyone who likes it or supports it.
Thus, they are forcing people who wish to support it to have to play devils advocate because it's the devil thanks to groups like Greenpeace!

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Well I don't want to play devils advocate so instead I'll just leave this here
Greenpeace website said:
Take action right now and tell the President that taxpayers should not take on the risk of building new nuclear plants.

If a meltdown were to occur, the accident could kill and injure tens of thousands of people, leaving large regions uninhabitable. And, more than 50 years after splitting the first atom, science has yet to devise a method for adequately handling long lived radioactive wastes.

For years nuclear plants have been leaking radioactive waste from underground pipes and radioactive waste pools into the ground water at sites across the nation.

In addition to being extremely dangerous, the continued greenwashing of nuclear power from industry-backed lobbyists diverts investments away from clean, renewable sources of energy. In contrast to nuclear power, renewable energy is both clean and safe. Technically accessible renewable energy sources are capable of producing six times more energy than current global demand.

In order to save the future of our planet, we must continue to fight the expansion of nuclear power and instead push for clean, renewable sources of energy. Over the next three years Greenpeace will continue to:

1. Debunk the myth that nuclear provides a “green” source of electricity and detail the threats posed by nuclear reactors and the radioactive wastes they produce.

2. Expose the abysmal economics of new nuclear power.

Reactions: _Nobody_

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well I don't want to play devils advocate so instead I'll just leave this here
You are doing so, friend. You do what they want, and stand by them. That's the issue here, is that they say Nuclear power is bad, when it's the most power we can get, safer then coal, and better for the enviroment then solar power.

The joke's on them. Let's tear those "facts" a new one, eh?

If a meltdown were to occur, the accident could kill and injure tens of thousands of people, leaving large regions uninhabitable.> Totally untrue. Seriously, we all know this now, Even Chernoble wasn't that bad.
And, more than 50 years after splitting the first atom, science has yet to devise a method for adequately handling long lived radioactive wastes.> Utter bullshit. The answer is so obvious one has to bury your head in bullshit to not see it.
Shove in in a hole in the ground, in storage drums, and make sure there is a foot of concrete between it and everything else. BOOM, totally safe! Oh sorry, not boom, you guys hate that word when anything nuclear is involved, I forgot. BOOM, TOTALLY SAFE!

For years nuclear plants have been leaking radioactive waste from underground pipes and radioactive waste pools into the ground water at sites across the nation.>[citation needed!] Oh wait, no, sorry, not true at all, anyway. Uh, CSB?

In addition to being extremely dangerous, the continued greenwashing of nuclear power from industry-backed lobbyists diverts investments away from clean, renewable sources of energy. In contrast to nuclear power, renewable energy is both clean and safe. Technically accessible renewable energy sources are capable of producing six times more energy than current global demand. >I love that line, "technically accessible". Clean and Safe! Discounting all the toxic waste from producing photovoltaic panels and all the rainforests cut down and burnt for the Coke needed, solar panels are the best! Until they break and we have to do it all again, and they can break from not getting sunlight.

In order to save the future of our planet, we must continue to fight the expansion of nuclear power and instead push for clean, renewable sources of energy. Over the next three years Greenpeace will continue to:

1. Debunk the myth that nuclear provides a “green” source of electricity and detail the threats posed by nuclear reactors and the radioactive wastes they produce. >IE Not much at all, and waste that lasts longer then the universe will is hardly an issue if you just get it away from people, and short lived waste can even be used to make steam in a pinch, aka generate power.

2. Expose the abysmal economics of new nuclear power. >As opposed to the abysmal economics of new green power, eh?

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
This is how greenpeace and other idiots work, scare tactics using fancy words that people don't fully understand and asking people to do something without thinking. After this video you will start questioning anything you here from them and think twice if they truly say the truth as it is. For example H2O is a main component of acid rain if you present it as that it sounds like one of the most deadly substances known to human kind.

dalekslayer96

Jul 29, 2019
Off topic, but you know when you've been having too much fun with the Statues mod.
2014-05-27_20.25.18.png

2014-05-27_20.25.53.png

2014-05-27_20.28.04.png

2014-05-27_20.28.20.png
Also, could you tell me what your IGN is? (By "your", I mean everyone viewing this post)