Cheaty ender pearls..

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

kayla sharp

Jul 29, 2019
monster pack. Okay so I needed them desperately and I found the michimite and I turned two into like 30 basically it's infinite now... it's this a bug or something wow this is cheaty

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I've played Monster for about a month and I've never used one Mimichite ore yet to double anything. Lemme check... I have 2086 of em. LOL

I don't like mods that add stuff like this, but that's obviously my opinion and it isn't shared by other players. Why should there be an ore that can double any other ore? It's like that EE (equivalent exchange) mod was in Ultimate pack - ridiculous. But then again, in Direwolf you could kill a bat and be flying like creative mode in about five minutes if you were lucky. Minecraft is not, and probably will never be, a "well-balanced" game.

I'm a weirdo, I actually enjoy it when the game is more difficult rather than when it's too easy. Mods like this one are just ridic, yeah. IMO. And yeah, I understand the idea is that Monster allows us to turn off mods we don't like... but how about on somebody's multiplayer server? They never turn it off. And also, in my single player world, I had no clue what the stuff even was until I had played the modpack for a while. By the time I realized what it was and that I didn't like it, it was too late to restart, I had put too much work into my world. So I collect the things and just don't use em. Shrug.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Well, balance is a different thing for everyone, and with mods that require ridiculous amounts of Ender Pearls I feel that adding additional means to get them is justified. I don't have Mimichite ore in my modpack, maybe it's OP, but I'm thankful for Ender Lilies, especially since fighting stuff is a chore for me and Endermen don't work in mobtraps.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
It's technically an exploit, but hey.

I used it to get enough pearls for my initial batch of ender seeds (magical crops), after that it wasn't necessary.

If you want something even more cheaty with mimichite, you can make gold and diamond processors (the ones used for basically everything in an ME network) the old fashioned way (on a crafting grid with a cutting knife), then instead of smelting the assembly thing you get from that, use it with mimichite and it doubles it for you :)

Basically the most hilariously broken thing i've found in Monster so far XD

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
Well, balance is a different thing for everyone, and with mods that require ridiculous amounts of Ender Pearls I feel that adding additional means to get them is justified. I don't have Mimichite ore in my modpack, maybe it's OP, but I'm thankful for Ender Lilies, especially since fighting stuff is a chore for me and Endermen don't work in mobtraps.
As long as you dont use water and make your trap high enough, endermen die just as easy as other mobs.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
I've played Monster for about a month and I've never used one Mimichite ore yet to double anything. Lemme check... I have 2086 of em. LOL

I don't like mods that add stuff like this, but that's obviously my opinion and it isn't shared by other players. Why should there be an ore that can double any other ore? It's like that EE (equivalent exchange) mod was in Ultimate pack - ridiculous. But then again, in Direwolf you could kill a bat and be flying like creative mode in about five minutes if you were lucky. Minecraft is not, and probably will never be, a "well-balanced" game.

I'm a weirdo, I actually enjoy it when the game is more difficult rather than when it's too easy. Mods like this one are just ridic, yeah. IMO. And yeah, I understand the idea is that Monster allows us to turn off mods we don't like... but how about on somebody's multiplayer server? They never turn it off. And also, in my single player world, I had no clue what the stuff even was until I had played the modpack for a while. By the time I realized what it was and that I didn't like it, it was too late to restart, I had put too much work into my world. So I collect the things and just don't use em. Shrug.
On a server you can just choose to not use the mod. If another player uses the mod, that's their decision. That's my thoughts on the matter.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah, Mimicry is personally on the list of mods I disable.

Wasn't a huge fan of EE, but at least it was better balanced as you had to grind Minium shards and still had to get valuable metals to make ender pearls. But ofc it could also be exploited.

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Isnt mimichrite worldgen?

If so its just as limited and non-cheaty as any other ore. The difference is that instead of an ore, its a way to empower other ores.

If you think about it, its very similar to TE's rich-slag mechanic, where you can choose to get additional 50% out of whatever ore you are short of.

The processor thing.... well, thats kinda cheaty :)

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Isnt mimichrite worldgen?

If so its just as limited and non-cheaty as any other ore. The difference is that instead of an ore, its a way to empower other ores.

If you think about it, its very similar to TE's rich-slag mechanic, where you can choose to get additional 50% out of whatever ore you are short of.

The processor thing.... well, thats kinda cheaty :)
Not really empower ores as it dupes diamonds and pearls xD
(Pokemon pun ENGAGED)

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
Not really empower ores as it dupes diamonds and pearls xD
(Pokemon pun ENGAGED)

Yeah, I understand the difference, what i meant is that i view the stuff as a way to compensate for a lack of a specific resource.

I view it as: your quarry got you 2 diamonds, 100 copper, 120 iron, 40 gold and 50 "wildcard" ore you can turn into whatever you need the most.
So if you are currently playing with MPS you might use it to increase your iron, and if you are byuilding lots of AE stuff you might need it for redstone.

Its an equalizer used in different shapes in many games, for example if in an RPG you can socket a weapon with the proper color gem, some swords may come with a multicolor socket that allows any gem, etc. (in all cases that i can imagine the point is to lower difficulty, but not necessarily "cheaty")

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I understand the difference, what i meant is that i view the stuff as a way to compensate for a lack of a specific resource.

I view it as: your quarry got you 2 diamonds, 100 copper, 120 iron, 40 gold and 50 "wildcard" ore you can turn into whatever you need the most.
So if you are currently playing with MPS you might use it to increase your iron, and if you are byuilding lots of AE stuff you might need it for redstone.

Its an equalizer used in different shapes in many games, for example if in an RPG you can socket a weapon with the proper color gem, some swords may come with a multicolor socket that allows any gem, etc. (in all cases that i can imagine the point is to lower difficulty, but not necessarily "cheaty")
The wildcard... I never thought pf ot that way. I am not being sarcastic, I actually understand EVERY metaphor about mimichite now.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Wildcard is a good way of putting it, I guess.

Aside from cross-mod exploits it's actually pretty balanced. One mimichite makes 5 glowstone, but by the same token you need 8 mimichite for one diamond.

It's not quite as granular as EE was, I must admit I liked being able to go from a few stacks of wood to ender pearls in several transitions, but hey i'll take what I have available.

Now what we need is for thaumcraft to add in ender pearl transmutation :3