Unsupported Agrarian Skies: Hardcore Quest Bug Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

mysteriono

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know how to fix my problem with spawn eggs not having a recipe? That and any other recipes changed/added by minetweaker don't seem to work.

ESSOvsGAME

Jul 29, 2019
ROFL that would make sense you bloody legend :D why is there lava in the fluiducts then ? am I going crazy or ?
I think when you connect a fluid duct to a crucible it automatically assigns lava to it even if the quantity is zero.

Having all of those open blocks tanks in the ceiling looks pretty cool, but you might want to rethink it. I ran opis to analyze things and having 250 tanks constantly updating was eating up 95% of the server tick resources compared to everything else on the map. Not really an issue if you have a beefy computer.. I really like the look of your map :p

Oh and if you hear clucking, you might want to check the space in-between your basement and the first floor. There are a few chickens stuck in there :p
ah thanks soo much for your help bro yeah I got impatient waiting for eggs haha "spawning egg in creative crashes the client every time" by the way I should mention is another bug no biggie though & yeah my PC is very beefy but if lags a problem I'll for sure look at changing that up thanks again for the help on such a facepalming mistake my bad P.S building with the building guide in creative is wonderful :p

mysteriono

Jul 29, 2019
Getting the issue with tempesta and volatus overlapping, is there a way to fix this issue or maybe bypass it with some cheaty method?

PiggyWhiskey

Jul 29, 2019
I quickly built my own server and pre-generated the nether Chunks with WorldBorder (radius 10k) and then ran MC Edit Analyze on them.
0 Nether Emerald Ore and 0 Nether Iridium Ore
Fun fact there are over 17 million Nether Diamond Ore blocks :)

This was in 2.1.2 and AFAIK the OreGen config hasn't been changed (This is the recommended version after all.)

Reactions: FnDragon

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
I quickly built my own server and pre-generated the nether Chunks with WorldBorder (radius 10k) and then ran MC Edit Analyze on them.

This was in 2.1.2 and AFAIK the OreGen config hasn't been changed (This is the recommended version after all.)

I was poking around in the code for the nether ore generation. I'm no expert, but wow o_Oo_Oo_O

Anyways, if I am reading this correctly, anything with a BlocksPerGroup of 2 or less will always fail the check to generate in the following if statement because of the math that precedes it.

if (block != null && d12 * d12 + d13 * d13 + d14 * d14 < 1.0D && block.isReplaceableOreGen(world, blockX, blockY, blockZ, Blocks.netherrack))

There is a chance that I am totally wrong, but that's what it looks like to me..

Platinum generates just fine and it has a BlocksPerGroup = 3 and a GroupsPerChunk = 1.

As far as the laser drill is concerned, I ran a test with 256 laser drills with 1024 pre-chargers. 96 of the laser drills have white focus. Ran the test for 24 hours straight and came up with zero iridium, but I did manage to get 167,252 coal all the way down to 6,213 nether platinum.

I also ran 8 ender quarries with a size of 64*64 each for a total of 128 chunks top to bottom. No iridium, but managed to get 107 nether platinum which theoretically means I should have gotten roughly 60 iridium based off of the probability in the config file.

Oh and I got 2.5 million netherack. Enough to build my own bacon city :p

Last edited:
Reactions: FnDragon

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
I was poking around in the code for the nether ore generation. I'm no expert, but wow o_Oo_Oo_O

Anyways, if I am reading this correctly, anything with a BlocksPerGroup of 2 or less will always fail the check to generate in the following if statement because of the math that precedes it.

There is a chance that I am totally wrong, but that's what it looks like to me..

Platinum generates just fine and it has a BlocksPerGroup = 3 and a GroupsPerChunk = 1.

Just a curious correlary, did you find any netherEmerald or netherUranium? They also have BlocksPerGroup = 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1400079871][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you, this is an excellent data point. I hadn't considered pregenning the chunks with WorldBorder, but that's a really good stress test.

FnDragon

Jul 29, 2019
As far as the laser drill is concerned, I ran a test with 256 laser drills with 1024 pre-chargers. 96 of the laser drills have white focus. Ran the test for 24 hours straight and came up with zero iridium, but I did manage to get 167,252 coal all the way down to 6,213 nether platinum.

Keep trying harder! According to mistress Jadedcat, we haven't tried hard enough! /sarcasm

(But seriously, that's a good exercise. Running one laser drill for a week is the same as running 14 for one day, probabilistically speaking. Your array of 96 is a real good indication that it is broken, but I'm not a statistician.)

steelblueskies

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure what you're talking about, sorry. Minetweaker?

If you're trying to set up a large parallel array of drills, go for it. You're trying to prove a negative, however, which means for you to be right there is no proper end to the test other than simulating the time lapse of a single drill over "multiple weeks". Any data point you make can be dismissed by the thought that you didn't wait long enough for your drill to work.

If you put in my modified MineFactoryReloaded jar file (remove the previous one) and the updated netherores config file, then you should see NetherIridium at the proper ratio pop out of the laser drill. Otherwise you will not. I will post some debug logs that prove this point later.

Unfortunately I can't prove the netherores' BlocksPerGroup issue yet, however a simple way to disprove my current theory is to post a single image of netherIridium spawning in worldgen, or netherUranium, or netherEmerald. That's all the evidence I would need to disprove my theory.
there was a bug with 2.1.12, where first off the minetweaker config was broken and not loading recipes after a certain point(and what other effects it may have had is kind of a murky undefined place), then jaded uploaded to this thread and the main thread a fixed minetweaker to drop in, but that fix included name changes to two mfr radius upgrades, which failed to work when loading on the server, which broke the ability for clients with the fix as uploaded, on both client and server, to work properly together. a user posted a manual edit which fixed that issue and was incorporated into later versions.

given a broken minetweaker could theoretically affect results given all the pies it sticks its fingers in, i was hoping she'd tell me which case with regards to 2.1.12 she used when testing the drills so i could match it.

as to multiple weeks, hah, the new array would does match that single drill figure she listed for output in 31.5 minutes, if i am being generous in favor of the single drill. aside from the power required with the normal config, i could have built this new array in my legitimate world a couple times over by now, presuming i didn't mind not being able to do much else in the world(not that i have much else left to do). mother of god does this array eat horsepower on this version of the server download.
purely because it makes a nice point of proof demarking it as made and running already, 3,800 some drills with single prechargers in 6 chunk long rows, 6 chunks deep. aside from tickrate spikes/dips(worst spikes as high as 600ms, or more than half a second for a single tick, normal is somewhere between 30ms and 50 so long as i'm not also running a client on the same machine. it churns almost 4k ore pulls approximately every half minute, or around 432k ores an hour. if this can't turn up the @#$@ stuff at least once in a day or so to demonstrate it being possible in this installation, i think i'll just call it done
gHYgn5Q.png

meh, at some point i will have a sample size large enough for someone to be willing to work with me on doing the differential to figure out cases where something somewhat more obscure is preventing it from working properly and doing so silently. ie must find what precisely is differing between these other testers/servers/her test and the one on the end user side for a small percentage of us. i mean if the drill is broken, and they got the ore,in a test using only the drill, then clearly something is going on beyond mfr itself right?

so i keep trying it in ever larger scales(although i think this version with an array this large is about my machines limit), with the sample size cumulatively growing ever larger, in the hopes of at some point reproducing the results she got.

i mean "hard" or rare is one thing, and random is random, but when you realize i'm only posting a portion of my test data, the sample sizes really are getting to be pretty silly large. hells this rig should have churned out more than 6 million ores a day if it let it run, i think if i can manage to avoid disrupting it for a day or two and don't see results, that might be convincing enough.

so sat on the post from around 3 am til 11 am(nowish). progress
LFFFKqs.png
which is the same as running that single drill for 7*3 weeks, or ~5 +1/4th months. or 7 max speed drills for 3 weeks+. but not there yet. need to keep going until we have the equivalent of a few decades apparently, and the me system is condensing readouts to millions on the low end.

anyone want the doomsday array map to run overnight? should churn out at least two million ore(((8*60*60)/32)*3840= 3,456,000 at full tickrate) during an 8 hour sleep cycle worth of running, and i already performed the monstrous pita that was filling 3,840 drills with 6x white foci by hand.

(and as should be obvious by results,and comments, i cannot get a full 20tps during the test consistently, which is slowing it down a wee bit)

Last edited:

Marsupilami

Jul 29, 2019
Just a curious correlary, did you find any netherEmerald or netherUranium? They also have BlocksPerGroup = 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1400079871][/DOUBLEPOST]
Thank you, this is an excellent data point. I hadn't considered pregenning the chunks with WorldBorder, but that's a really good stress test.

Nope, my ender quarries did not find any Emerald or Uranium. I'm going to change the BlocksPerGroup to 3 on those in the config and rerun the test on a fresh map to see what I get.

PolyGrip

Jul 29, 2019
I dont really 'compute' much except for some gaming here and there, and the weather of course, but ok... trying out Agrarian Skies, which worked until it popped off. Disconned me rudely. reconnecting i had no ground, and died 3 more times. Sorta ragequit, and now...

#Blocks
3301: dust from crowley.skyblock - stair.willow from Natura
3302: crowley.skyblock.infested_leaves from crowley.skyblock - stair.darkwood from Natura
3303: crowley.skyblock.sifting_table from crowley.skyblock - stair.fusewood from Natura
3304: crowley.skyblock.iron_ore from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.eucalyptus from Natura
3305: crowley.skyblock.gold_ore from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.sakura from Natura
3306: crowley.skyblock.barrel_stone from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.ghostwood from Natura
3307: crowley.skyblock.crucible from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.redwood from Natura
3308: crowley.skyblock.crucible_unfired from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.bloodwood from Natura
3309: crowley.skyblock.copper_ore from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.hopseed from Natura
3310: crowley.skyblock.tin_ore from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.maple from Natura
3311: crowley.skyblock.silver_ore from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.amaranth from Natura
3312: crowley.skyblock.lead_ore from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.silverbell from Natura
3313: crowley.skyblock.osmium_ore from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.tiger from Natura
3314: crowley.skyblock.platinum_ore from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.willow from Natura
3315: crowley.skyblock.nickel_ore from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.darkwood from Natura
3316: bee_trap from crowley.skyblock - pressureplate.fusewood from Natura
3317: bee_trap_treated from crowley.skyblock - trapdoor.eucalyptus from Natura
3330: witchwater from crowley.skyblock - button.eucalyptus from Natura
4084: lemon from HungerOverhaul - bloodStoneBrick from AWWayofTime
4085: PamHarvestCraft:lemonSapling from pamharvestcraft - armourForge from AWWayofTime
4089: PamHarvestCraft:blueberrycrop_2 from pamharvestcraft - ritualStone from AWWayofTime
4090: cherry from HungerOverhaul - runeOfSelfSacrifice from AWWayofTime
4091: PamHarvestCraft:cherrySapling from pamharvestcraft - runeOfSacrifice from AWWayofTime
Suggested Ranges: 976-1221 (246 IDs), 2754-2999 (246 IDs), 1764-1999 (236 IDs)

this is the idconfliction that i now recieve as opposed to playing? if you need more info, and a directory to send it to, let me know.. i was having a blast harvesting silkworms etc... I played with most recent version, dont know if that spoiled the fun or not... looking forward to an answer.

If i cannot return to what i _had_, is it possible to start anew?

PolyGrip

Crasherdrone

Jul 29, 2019
nether irridium isnt impossible... the first time I went to the nether there was one like 4 blocks away from the portal in plain sight...

Alacardjr

Jul 29, 2019
Update... Well found out what was crashing the server, i had made some cobblestone fences from extra utility and but some around my base so i dont fall off will building something. I opened my world in mcedit removed all the fences and server started right up. let me know if you need any more info.

Edit: now that i think about it, i do have a big base maybe what was going on was, it was trying to connect to a fence that was next to it, but the chunk wasnt loaded where it was trying to connect too. so it was crashing saying chickenchunks was the problem when it really wasnt... just my 2 sents

Last edited:

mysteriono

Jul 29, 2019
So after a large amount of time spent on getting the materials for a deep tank it seems if I log out the liquids inside it will reset themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.