Ag Skies SMP Map requirements - Owners not thinking??

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Played on a few SMP servers where the map the pack is running on is one huge biome.

Does anyone have a solution to this:

Chapter 4 - Bees and trees - Quest Botany and Biology

Requires an Essence of a Shallow Grave

That requires Attuned bees

Attuned Bees can be made with Ex Nihilo but they require a MOUNTAIN biome.

As far as I can see you can't change the biome in Blood Magic to a mountain one.

No quest has attuned bees as a reward but I heard some say they got some from a random reward bag. There's also a serious of magic hive rewards but I haven't gotten the attuned bee from any.

Any other way to do this or are server owners just creating maps wrong, IMO they need to be tiny biomes.

Edit: Can't specify tiny biomes it seems as there's no biome mod in this pack.

Last edited:

Dkittrell

Jul 29, 2019
Just travel to find a new biome. This is a challenge presented with this type of pack.Take a lot of slabs with you and start going in a direction :)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Do realize that the map for Agrarian Skies is premade. The biomes are just like that, and it can be bad depending in on what island you pick.

And no, it isn't just one biome. And yes, even with the island plots you can build your way to a new biome. Just build *away* from all the other islands. Unless your server owner has added new islands, the 8 starter islands have at least 1 direction open to expand in.​

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Played on a few SMP servers where the map the pack is running on is one huge biome.

As far as I can see you can't change the biome in Blood Magic to a mountain one.

No quest has attuned bees as a reward but I heard some say they got some from a random reward bag. There's also a serious of magic hive rewards but I haven't gotten the attuned bee from any.

Any other way to do this or are server owners just creating maps wrong, IMO they need to be tiny biomes.

The original map was made using a biome mod to set the biomes tiny. I can't really do anything about servers not using the map :(

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I know the map is pre-made, you need to go on some of the SMP servers to see what they have done, my point is the quest book can't be completed on these 1 biome maps with island plots, or can it.

That's the main point of the thread.

Jaded is that biome mod available to server admins?

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Yes I know the map is pre-made, you need to go on some of the SMP servers to see what they have done, my point is the quest book can't be completed on these 1 biome maps with island plots, or can it.

That's the main point of the thread.

Jaded is that biome mod available to server admins?

Its BoP. I just turned off all but the vanilla biomes and set biome size to 2.

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
But the pack doesn't have BoP in it, so did you create tinyish biomes with BoP then remove it and then they reverted to vanilla biomes but maintained the small size?

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
Ok there may be a way to do this, testing it out now, may take a while cos I do everything legit.. watch this space.

Reactions: Staxed

KaosK

Jul 29, 2019
Its BoP. I just turned off all but the vanilla biomes and set biome size to 2.

I also couldn't find a mountain biome and it turned out there are no mountain biomes anywhere close to the floating island. (We play with the map that came with the 1.0.10 Server)

I downloaded the map again and before entering it for the first time, I used McEdit to put a grass layer in all existing chunks. Below you can see a map of the existing biomes (the big part in the east is an ocean biome) Unfortunatly, none of those is a mountain biome.:

Is there any other way to get these bees?

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Because Mountain Biomes don't actually exist in vanilla Minecraft? I believe what you need is extreme hills, and, as such, those patches of dark brown are probably it.

Edit: And yes, with google fu, with vanilla Minecraft biomes Extreme Hills is indeed what you need for Attunded Bees

Last edited:

b0bst3r

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't bother to reply to my own thread as I found 3 ways around this.

1) You can craft Essence of a Shallow Grave from Thaumcraft which doesn't require the bee produce
2) You get Attuned Bees as a fix reward for another quest
3) Err forgot what this is I'll edit it if I remember.

Last edited:

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019

I found the same problem. The solution isn't to find a mountain biome, it's to complete the seed oil quest, that gives attuned bees as a reward, which I suspect is the correct way to proceed through that bees quest.

Also, have a look in NEI, there is no Attuned Hive.

KaosK

Jul 29, 2019
I believe what you need is extreme hills, and, as such, those patches of dark brown are probably it.
mountain biome = extreme hills / patches of dark brown are swamp biomes - extreme hills would be more of a greenish grey...

I found the same problem. The solution isn't to find a mountain biome, it's to complete the seed oil quest, that gives attuned bees as a reward, which I suspect is the correct way to proceed through that bees quest.

Also, have a look in NEI, there is no Attuned Hive.

It doesn't matter that NEI isn't showing the hive - it's there and it is called "deep hive". (ID: 1754:3) I also tested the bee luring in a test world and it works fine. Well, I like the bee luring mechanic but completing the seed-oil quest will work as a solution. Thanks for the hint, wasn't aware of it.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Ask the server admin WTF they planned to do about this glareing issue? Not sure what else you can do other then that.
Can you contact other players based in a more choice biome that produces the bee you need. Surely one of the other players is in a similar bind then you only different biomes, maybe a trade could be made. Maybe you could even team up with the player and share quests (that is is this version of AS has shared questing on).

It's that or you could find a server that knows how to actually run their shit well (easier said then done for FTB packs).

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
In all fairness, that biome map is typical of the pre-made map distributed with the server install. So blame Jaded, not the server admins. Or realize that (as its the "official") map, that the relative lack of extreme hills is an intentional part of the challenge.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
If you are talking about the pre-made map, there IS extreme hills there. I know, I'm living north of it, and a bit west. Big patch of it.

What I'm missing is Magical Forest, but I found that about 400 south.

_Doctor_B

Jul 29, 2019
A little late but posting just incase someone else has the same issue and posting on your thread. There is an extreme hills biome around -875, 1764. (At least in the SMP map.)