Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
If it's natura cotton it goes planted->pink seed stage->cotton. Usually, if you break it in the pink seed stage you get at least 2 seeds. Of course, breaking natura barley usually gives more than 1 seed, and in my experience it doesn't in AS.

Anyway, I just unlocked The End, and the cooking quest and magic quest seem really easy. I actually ended up doing the food one twice, because I didn't realize the first part was a crafting quest, and just made the items with my ME system. Hopefully some of the other ones are a bit more challenging.

That said, I finally did my first ever thaumcraft infusion today thanks to AS (I've always wanted to get into Thaumcraft, but I've never gotten around to infusion before.) Even made myself a thaumium capped silverwood wand. :)

So...thanks AS for getting me to overcome my dread of infusion crafting!

Now to work on bees....

Bickers

Jul 29, 2019
seems pechs are the way to go to get silverwood saplings tradeing them a emerald/diamond block gives like a 80% chance to get one

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Just trade them shiny ingots...I got 2 greatwood saplings and only spent 21 ingots (I have over 2000), including friending 2 of them.

Jul 29, 2019
Guys, anyone else done this:
3yzepHq.png
I had the bright idea of mining all my nether quartz ore, in my base, when it explodes.... derp.

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone not like me? :p
pwhnObv.png

Tee hee! :D
Took...so...long o.o
Have to admit, I'm tempted to cheat that one done, or re-enable Extra Utilities nodes. Setting up hundreds of igneous extruders just doesn't strike me as particularly interesting. I have the resources, just not interested in the lag or the time it will take to do. I already have almost a million cobble from the 9 igneous extruders I've got running, so it's not like I have to figure out how to do it. Same with the dirt quest, honestly, though the ender quarry trick is kind of neat for that one. Still, I've got over 500,000 leaf blocks with more constantly coming in and 18 quad-compressed dirt, so it's just a matter of adding more barrels than the 32 I have now or waiting another couple months. :)

Anyway, it seems MFR planters don't like amaranth trees (or at least mine seem to stop working as soon as I stick amaranth saplings in them.) Does anyone know if they work in multi-farms? If not, I guess I go the autonomous activator route to plant and a harvester to chop them down.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Have to admit, I'm tempted to cheat that one done, or re-enable Extra Utilities nodes. Setting up hundreds of igneous extruders just doesn't strike me as particularly interesting. I have the resources, just not interested in the lag or the time it will take to do. I already have almost a million cobble from the 9 igneous extruders I've got running, so it's not like I have to figure out how to do it. Same with the dirt quest, honestly, though the ender quarry trick is kind of neat for that one. Still, I've got over 500,000 leaf blocks with more constantly coming in and 18 quad-compressed dirt, so it's just a matter of adding more barrels than the 32 I have now or waiting another couple months. :)

Anyway, it seems MFR planters don't like amaranth trees (or at least mine seem to stop working as soon as I stick amaranth saplings in them.) Does anyone know if they work in multi-farms? If not, I guess I go the autonomous activator route to plant and a harvester to chop them down.

They should work in multifarms, IIRC they are forestry saplings :p

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Is anybody else experiencing weird behaviour with TE3 on this pack? (running 2.1.2)

I have to constantly reconnect energy conduits and cells. One minute energy is flowing fine, the next minute everything stands still and nothing works.

Replacing the cells and conduits, power starts flowing again - then I come back to find everything stuck again. It's getting annoying.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Update to my previous post: Updated to version 2.1.4, and seems a lot less derpy now.

Conguy97

Jul 29, 2019
Just lost my world to deaths, because of I fell twice from my mobspawner while building it, and died to enderman 3 times. I want to cry.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Died 4 times.. all 4 due to friend and me being idiots lol. One I was jump running back across from mob spawner.. arrow hits me mid jump and well you know the rest lol