Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I have to be honest .. I'm not sure I like this at all...

I'm following the DireWolf20 series for 1.6.4 and I don't mind the different energy systems, to me it's all just like having another puzzle to solve. I actually LIKE the changes to IC2, which make building interesting factories
very interesting.

I'd just like to add some additional feedback.

I run my own FTB server hosted by creeperhost, have done so since DireWolf20 launched his current playthrough in December 2013.

I am using an eclectic mix of mods and sources and have rebuilt my base several times, I have a couple of other players on my server too..

One is a huge Railcraft/Steves carts fan, he's got this amazing looking base with train tracks and all sorts of amazing things going on, frankly a lot of it is over my head!

I've got another player, she likes magic themed mods.. and uses Ars Magika and Thaumcraft almost exclusively and has created some amazing worlds with Mystcraft.

Another player who is into tree and bee breeding and has built all of these complex bases full of... well.. bees. I had no ideas that bees could actually do things other than make honey for biofuel generators!

What will we do in future FTB packs?

My concern with streamlining mod packs is that communities like what I have on my server may become difficult to maintain, one of the amazing things about FTB is that you know that 99.99% of the time, that you are safe to update your modpack/server to the 'recommended' build and not have to worry about world corruption or bizare things going on, and frankly as a server admin I am extremely grateful for all of the hardwork that the team at FTB put in.

Anyway, please take my feedback in the spirit in which it is given, i'm sure that you and your team will make informed decisions and look after all of your dedicated fans.

Yours Sincerely,

Wuffle!

Last edited:

r3aper_gp

Jul 29, 2019
Can you say when the successor to the monster pack will be released? I really love all the options with the monster pack but I definitely understand going with one power source however I have just recently started using eu power and the power converter blocks to make all my power anyway you guys are doing great and I really hope to here from you

Raga_RBM

Jul 29, 2019
If by evolving you mean leaving bugged blocks in the mod for more than one version (builder 1.5.2-1.6.4) and not even bothering to remove the recipe from NEI even though it has been disabled, then yep, it evolved right along.

But, yes, I believe there should be a standardized power system for modpacks. If a mod wants to be a standalone mod that requires power, they should have an alternative energy method and energy producing blocks you can turn on and off in the config if you are using a modpack that already has power.
It's disabled, nobody can use it or access it unless they use NEI. Then why the cynical remark? I don't understand.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
I have to be honest .. I'm not sure I like this at all...

I'm following the DireWolf20 series for 1.6.4 and I don't mind the different energy systems, to me it's all just like having another puzzle to solve. I actually LIKE the changes to IC2, which make building interesting factories
very interesting.

I'd just like to add some additional feedback.

I run my own FTB server hosted by creeperhost, have done so since DireWolf20 launched his current playthrough in December 2013.

I am using an eclectic mix of mods and sources and have rebuilt my base several times, I have a couple of other players on my server too..

One is a huge Railcraft/Steves carts fan, he's got this amazing looking base with train tracks and all sorts of amazing things going on, frankly a lot of it is over my head!

I've got another player, she likes magic themed mods.. and uses Ars Magika and Thaumcraft almost exclusively and has created some amazing worlds with Mystcraft.

Another player who is into tree and bee breeding and has built all of these complex bases full of... well.. bees. I had no ideas that bees could actually do things other than make honey for biofuel generators!

What will we do in future FTB packs?

My concern with streamlining mod packs is that communities like what I have on my server may become difficult to maintain, one of the amazing things about FTB is that you know that 99.99% of the time, that you are safe to update your modpack/server to the 'recommended' build and not have to worry about world corruption or bizare things going on, and frankly as a server admin I am extremely grateful for all of the hardwork that the team at FTB put in.

Anyway, please take my feedback in the spirit in which it is given, i'm sure that you and your team will make informed decisions and look after all of your dedicated fans.

Yours Sincerely,

Wuffle!
I'd berate you for not reading through the whole thread, but I'll concede 35 pages is a bit much. DW20 is not an FTB pack, it's a 3rd party pack administered for DW20 by FTB. IT WILL STILL EXIST. Assuming he continues his tradition of "everything AND the kitchen sink" for his pack, and I think that's a safe bet, you will still have your multiple power systems to play with. This will only apply to whatever the future versions of MagicWorld, TechWorld, etc. (the actual FTB packs) become.

Worry not.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I'm following the DireWolf20 series for 1.6.4 and I don't mind the different energy systems, to me it's all just like having another puzzle to solve.

It was a puzzle. The first time you used it. But after you do it a dozzen or so times it's time to try something else.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Can you say when the successor to the monster pack will be released?

When it's ready.
It was a puzzle. The first time you used it. But after you do it a dozzen or so times it's time to try something else.

It doesn't matter how many times someone does something (in this case setup several energy systems), if they enjoy it, then good for them. It's not up to us to tell people how to play and when they should "try something else".

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
It's disabled, nobody can use it or access it unless they use NEI. Then why the cynical remark? I don't understand.
you haven't been playing long enough to understand the reference, it wasn't always disabled, and those of us who have played with it in the past get confused when recipes are missing inexplicably, we figure it's just a glitch, so we spawn it in, and guess what, it breaks worlds.

Last edited:

WuffleFluffy

Jul 29, 2019
I'd berate you for not reading through the whole thread, but I'll concede 35 pages is a bit much. DW20 is not an FTB pack, it's a 3rd party pack administered for DW20 by FTB. IT WILL STILL EXIST. Assuming he continues his tradition of "everything AND the kitchen sink" for his pack, and I think that's a safe bet, you will still have your multiple power systems to play with. This will only apply to whatever the future versions of MagicWorld, TechWorld, etc. (the actual FTB packs) become.

Worry not.

Thanks for clearing that up :)

-Wuffle

xbony2

WikiWorker
Wiki Staff
FTB Mod Dev
Jul 3, 2013
America
ftb.gamepedia.com
Because, you know, how long you've been playing FTB is reliant on how long you've been on the forums.
I've been using FTB long before I got on the forums.
I've been on this forum more then I've played FTB :p

Mostly since the server I played on for a while stopped working and the owner disappeared, which seems to happen every time I join a server, and I hate restarting.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
Because, you know, how long you've been playing FTB is reliant on how long you've been on the forums.
I've been using FTB long before I got on the forums.
Because I read another post he had made where he in fact stated he hadn't been playing the mods for very long. That is what I was basing my statement on, not an assumption.

Last edited:

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
Will the old modpacks like monster get an last final update?
Because some mods had quite a lot updates since the last Pack update

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Okey, te + any pump(using extrautils now) + ee3 = infinite amounts of iron. EE and TE works really great alongside each other, even knowing theres no te recipes in ee by default. Look forward to Equvivalent Expansion.

INCSlayer

Nov 17, 2012
Yes. I've been very busy the last few weeks and a lot of projects have fallen to the way side. I am working on it.

work faster *snaps whip* why cant you be more like Jadedcat? her work ethic is excellent :p

Nah just joking (Jaded doesnt have a work ethic :p ) keep up the good work.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

goreae

Ultimate Murderous Fiend
Nov 27, 2012
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Some mods not updating to 1.7, but advancing in 1.6. Theres gonna be more 1.6 packs for them?
Like which mods? Generally, mods are updating at this point, and/or making final mod updates for 1.6 before focusing full-time on 1.7. Which mods are sticking to 1.6? I never heard of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.