2 Questions for Agraian Skies

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
1. Is it cheese doodling it (a term i like to use) to make a mob trap for more or less unlimited resources likes bones and flesh so that dying is never an issue really?

2. Is there any way outside of saplings, leaves, and flesh to get dirt?

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
1. what?

2. nearly any crop will compost, also apples, string, silkworms, vines, and many more

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
1. what?

2. nearly any crop will compost, also apples, string, silkworms, vines, and many more

Basically i built up a mob trap approximately 24 blocks above my base, 19x19, enclosed, so i got mob drops coming nonstop basically. Got unlimited (more or less) amounts of bonemeal, flesh, gunpower, eyes, and so on.

Not only is it not cheesy, it is absolutely mandatory to get anywhere in the map.

That's a relief ;)

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
flesh is only good for composting though, eating it gives you hunger which prevents you from eating more and you'll likely die if you are forced to eat it

well there is a recipe to get leather with it but that is only for the first 8/16 until you get the cow spawn egg

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
flesh is only good for composting though, eating it gives you hunger which prevents you from eating more and you'll likely die if you are forced to eat it

well there is a recipe to get leather with it but that is only for the first 8/16 until you get the cow spawn egg

I've yet to get a cow to spawn yet. How you get one ? I don't have leather yet, and i got more chickens than i know to do with.

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
check the recipes for leather, there is a bloodmagic recipe that only takes 3 flesh, a flint and a bucket of water and some LP

tetshio

Jul 29, 2019
1. Is it cheese doodling it (a term i like to use) to make a mob trap for more or less unlimited resources likes bones and flesh so that dying is never an issue really?

Using a harvester to get sludge, then sludge goes into a sludge boiler and that converts sludge into random things like soul sand, tainted soil, netherrack, sand, clay, and DIRT!!

Reactions: Wagon153

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
May I add a third question?

Do chunk loader actually work in AS? I'm not seeing ANY difference between logins in my numbers.

Reactions: Wagon153

Juanitierno

Jul 29, 2019
It only keeps stuff loaded for like 5 minutes.

Ive personally changed it in this playthrough to be limitless (like normal packs)

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.

1) Should work as bone -> "soup" is a thing. Though the swiss cheese design is rather slow, and you may have issues with flying mobs.
Dying is an issue before you get that far mind. (though food is still easy mind)

2) Almost anything biological (no hard stuff, or rubber drops) can be composted.
Also try forestry peat (dirt+sand->bog earth->peat+dirt), or MFR sludge.

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
1) Should work as bone -> "soup" is a thing. Though the swiss cheese design is rather slow, and you may have issues with flying mobs.
Dying is an issue before you get that far mind. (though food is still easy mind)

2) Almost anything biological (no hard stuff, or rubber drops) can be composted.
Also try forestry peat (dirt+sand->bog earth->peat+dirt), or MFR sludge.

I'm still trying to get a rubber sapling ... any clue ? As I don't have any slime balls yet.

I use bones > soup, or actually to bonemeal the melon seeds I got. Chopped fruit salad is just as good. I also got a nice wheat farm going as well.