Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Woooow, you have to be kidding me. Spent the last like 2 hours(exaggerated) "breeding bees" with gendustry, finally got the one that makes soul sand. Shove it into a gendustry apiary. BAM world crashes and won't boot back up. Crash log states gendustry apiary as the cause.

/sigh, how fast are aviaries?

HAHAHA, just spawned in an alveary to test how fast it was with the soul sand bees and bang crashed again. did more debugging of the crash log and I don't think it likes the effect the bees are spitting out. Is there a way to breed that out of them? Or disable it in a config?
Since it's causing a crash, I'd go ahead and cheat in an "Effect Cancelation" serum from Extra Bees. Run your bees through an innoculator with that and it'll get rid of the effect.

Reactions: PhilHibbs

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully a simple question. I've seen mention of a forge setting that will delete blocks that would otherwise crash a server, but despite my best attempts at Google-FU, I've failed to locate any documentation on the setting. Can someone set me straight?
It's in the forge.cfg. It's such a wonderful setting. It's in the same config folder as all the others.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What TC4 version are you on? I know some of the earlier versions had a bug where you would lose research and aspects.
The latest 4.1.0g[DOUBLEPOST=1399412612][/DOUBLEPOST]The reset thing happened to me twice in my current TPPI world, once in an old TPPI world, and once in a custom magic pack I made(I quit that pack because of that big assuming it was my fault with the mods I chose)
I just noticed that my TC research and research points have reset as well in Monster 1.1.1(using TC 4.1.0g). Had pretty much all of normal TC and lot of the addons researched. And not only that I also lost all the research points and scanning progress >.<

ddejong

Jul 29, 2019
With gendustry is it possible to easily get more princesses?

Trivial. It's a machine called (something) replicator I think, it takes protein (made by another gendustry machine that consumes meat) and DNA (yet another machine that can break down either drones or forestry saplings) and a whole bunch of RF, then creates an ignoble princess. To tell it what kind to make, you need to put together a template that includes a serum for every single possible genome, so you'll need to burn through quite a few drones to begin with, but once you have it started you have basically infinite princesses.

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
I just noticed that my TC research and research points have reset as well in Monster 1.1.1(using TC 4.1.0g). Had pretty much all of normal TC and lot of the addons researched. And not only that I also lost all the research points and scanning progress >.<
Dang, well, this is crap, my favorite mod Thaumcraft has now not only bugged out on me but someone else also...

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, I see. Well, if this keeps up, the best answer might be to roll back to 4.1f.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ah, I see. Well, if this keeps up, the best answer might be to roll back to 4.1f.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Hmm a bit sad now that I updated Monster to 1.1.1 if TC 4.1.0g is what introduced this bug...

Reactions: BreezyTaco

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm a bit sad now that I updated Monster to 1.1.1 if TC 4.1.0g is what introduced this bug...
I wish aznor would just fix the one bug in 1.6, I was planning on doing a lot of thaumcraft in TPPI before this bug, so much wasted shard mining[DOUBLEPOST=1399579887][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll try a rollback and if that doesn't fix it I'll just stick with AM2 and tech mods for 1.6

D

Deleted member 27555

Is there anywhere I can download old server versions? Specifically Monster 1.1.0

DZCreeper

Jul 29, 2019
Just starting my Agrarian Skies playthrough (which means I will be doing more Faithful textures ).

There are 2 worlds available, what's the difference?

Reactions: PurpleMentat

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Just starting my Agrarian Skies playthrough (which means I will be doing more Faithful textures ).

There are 2 worlds available, what's the difference?

One has a house on it and a larger area, the other is a small square with no height to it.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Do trees growing still "eat up" microblocks with their leaves with the new forge microblocks like they did with the old RP2 microblocks? Bit concerned about using microblocks in close proximity to a treefarm I am planning/building.

Basically my problem is that the growing area is rather confined and part of the style I developed involves using microblocks. So if for example there is only 6 free blocks and the 7th block is a microblock, will a 7 block tall tree(leaves) destroy that microblock?

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Question:
Do trees growing still "eat up" microblocks with their leaves with the new forge microblocks like they did with the old RP2 microblocks? Bit concerned about using microblocks in close proximity to a treefarm I am planning/building.

Basically my problem is that the growing area is rather confined and part of the style I developed involves using microblocks. So if for example there is only 6 free blocks and the 7th block is a microblock, will a 7 block tall tree(leaves) destroy that microblock?
Though I'm not completely sure if you look in the chicken code config there is an option to only allow tree leaves to replace air