Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lady Meda

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... Dirt cheap IS tempting... But can itemducts deposit things into an AE computer system automatically? That might be the deciding factor.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm... Dirt cheap IS tempting... But can itemducts deposit things into an AE computer system automatically? That might be the deciding factor.
Just send them to a chest with an import bus attached. Anything can insert to an ME network that way.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Marble isn't oredictionary'd, is there any way I can fix it without programming?

Which marble are we talking about? Because Chisel, ProjRed, and I believe GeoStrata can be converted between with the Chisel from, well, Chisel, and I believe the OreDict converter in Mariculture will do the same.

bubba_nate

Jul 29, 2019
In Horizons, it doesn't have GeoStrata or Chisel. Artifice to Project Red, or some other way of getting Project Red marble without regenerating my world. (If config makes it generate in existing chunks then awesome...)
Please read the earlier question of where can I get Project Red marble.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Which marble are we talking about? Because Chisel, ProjRed, and I believe GeoStrata can be converted between with the Chisel from, well, Chisel, and I believe the OreDict converter in Mariculture will do the same.
And the Unifier.

Nobody listens to me =P

Reactions: Padfoote

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
In Horizons, it doesn't have GeoStrata or Chisel. Artifice to Project Red, or some other way of getting Project Red marble without regenerating my world. (If config makes it generate in existing chunks then awesome...)
Please read the earlier question of where can I get Project Red marble.

Project Red does have Retro Ore Gen but I'm not sure what it will regen. You could backup your world and give it a try though.

Reactions: Dorque

bubba_nate

Jul 29, 2019
The problem that I asked for help with was whether I could add it to the ore dictionary without knowing java.
Also, I installed the ore dictionary converter mod already.

EDIT: Thanks John E, I'll try that.
Hope it doesn't break the universe.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
The problem that I asked for help with was whether I could add it to the ore dictionary without knowing java.
Also, I installed the ore dictionary converter mod already.

It already is added, hence both my question and the information that I know being included in that post.

bubba_nate

Jul 29, 2019
There is a mod which shows oredictionary name, marble has none as far as I can tell.
Why is your post there twice?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Ehm if you already have a ME network then by all means use ME import bus to extract from the Enderchest. Anything else would be silly.
I was suggesting the Itemduct as an alternative to the wooden pipe as a equivalent place on the affordable progress chain.

Reactions: Lady Meda

zilvarwolf

Jul 29, 2019
Hopefully a simple question. I've seen mention of a forge setting that will delete blocks that would otherwise crash a server, but despite my best attempts at Google-FU, I've failed to locate any documentation on the setting. Can someone set me straight?

bubba_nate

Jul 29, 2019
I have no idea. There's some sort of item-banning plugin, however because I have trouble finding a server that doesn't have banned items.

Aw foo, retrogen doesn't work as far as I can tell because I see no marble but maybe it did work and that world isn't all that great anyways compared to the seed 4.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
I have no idea. There's some sort of item-banning plugin, however because I have trouble finding a server that doesn't have banned items.

Aw foo, retrogen doesn't work as far as I can tell because I see no marble but maybe it did work and that world isn't all that great anyways compared to the seed 4.
If ProjectRed marble follows the same spawning rules as RP2 marble(and I think it does) then it only really spawn near and around ravines in large veins.

Reactions: Padfoote

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Call me crazy but couldn't you just delve into Mystcraft enough to get some basic pages or even og into a random world and set up a few quarries?

Perhaps get far enough into it to change all the grass into marble or something?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Call me crazy but couldn't you just delve into Mystcraft enough to get some basic pages or even og into a random world and set up a few quarries?

Perhaps get far enough into it to change all the grass into marble or something?
That's not really a whole lot of use if there isn't a "marble block" page in the first place.

Mystcraft can do a lot of very cool things but it is far from all-powerful.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
That's not really a whole lot of use if there isn't a "marble block" page in the first place.

Mystcraft can do a lot of very cool things but it is far from all-powerful.

I could have sword I grabbed one off a villager once. Was it there in older versions of mystcraft?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I could have sword I grabbed one off a villager once. Was it there in older versions of mystcraft?
There may have been one for RP2. I do not believe there is one for Project Red. I could be mistaken, mind.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Woooow, you have to be kidding me. Spent the last like 2 hours(exaggerated) "breeding bees" with gendustry, finally got the one that makes soul sand. Shove it into a gendustry apiary. BAM world crashes and won't boot back up. Crash log states gendustry apiary as the cause.

/sigh, how fast are aviaries?

HAHAHA, just spawned in an alveary to test how fast it was with the soul sand bees and bang crashed again. did more debugging of the crash log and I don't think it likes the effect the bees are spitting out. Is there a way to breed that out of them? Or disable it in a config?

Last edited: