How do I get Iridium?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
I've only gotten about 15 pieces or so quarrying in the deep dark, but need far much more. I do have gregtech installed. Unfortunately, I am not quite ready for UU matter yet, but not sure if that is the only way to get it or not.

Thoughts?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, you have GT, so you mine for it. As you noticed. Or you use UU Mater to produce it. Those are pretty much your options that I can tell you about without knowing what pack you're using(and what mods you added/removed).

Folanlron

Jul 29, 2019
Voodoo UU-Matter only way to make it

Unless you can get Platinum Bee's Centrifugre Platinum/Shiny Dust, and you get Nuggets of Iridium(If it's enabled in the GT config)

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Mining it is possible with GT, although it's absurdly rare.

Otherwise, you can get it from dungeon loot (i've you've been quarrying, this is likely where it's coming from rather than actual iridium ore spawns).

Or as above, you can make it with UU matter, even though the process is windowlickingly complicated in IC2e compared to IC2.

CodaPDX

Jul 29, 2019
There are asteroids in the end with sheldonite in them. Toss that into an industrial grinder and you'll get platinum and iridium.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
As a reminder, make sure you silk touch the ore if you find it. You'll be kicking yourself if you don't. Doubly so if you have RotaryCraft installed.

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
DW20 pack with Gtech, and advanced solars.

Mining it is possible with GT, although it's absurdly rare.

Otherwise, you can get it from dungeon loot (i've you've been quarrying, this is likely where it's coming from rather than actual iridium ore spawns).

Or as above, you can make it with UU matter, even though the process is windowlickingly complicated in IC2e compared to IC2.

Could be if the deep dark has dungeons. Not sure if it does or not.

Didn't know about Sheldonite, will get on that right away.

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
Centrifuging platinum is the way to go, so you'll want as much plat as you can get your hands on.
Nickel (a.k.a "Ferrous") ore + a mercury cell in the industrial grinder should yield 1 platinum dust.
(TE's shiny dust = platinum)
Greg has his own nickel ore- which spawns in larger veins, if you're running a later version you should have access to it.​

Sheldonite, SilkTouched iridium and [ST'd?] Osmium also go better in that grinder- check NEI
--nether ores give double, and the MFR grinder should target all ores.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Didn't Greg remove the Plat centrifuge technique a while back?
Gonna double check.
I know that TPPI added it again, but that was a few editions ago... Haven't checked since(or really used since for that matter)...

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

Brian Cherrick

Jul 5, 2013
Didn't Greg remove the Plat centrifuge technique a while back?
Gonna double check.
I know that TPPI added it again, but that was a few editions ago... Haven't checked since(or really used since for that matter)...

It isn't there in Gregtech. Already tried it.