Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
Are we going to get a new pump?

look at what jaded was able to get in with agrarian skies, you think if she was putting together a pack that was missing a pump she couldn't just bat her eyelashes at somebody and get it done?

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
look at what jaded was able to get in with agrarian skies, you think if she was putting together a pack that was missing a pump she couldn't just bat her eyelashes at somebody and get it done?
I doubt you mean it as such, but your comment strikes me as fairly sexist. I don't think feminine charm is the reason things happen for Agrarian Skies. I believe it had more to do with JadedCat's work for the modded community, and with developers wanting to support an idea that inspired many.

eashonk

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt you mean it as such, but your comment strikes me as fairly sexist. I don't think feminine charm is the reason things happen for Agrarian Skies. I believe it had more to do with JadedCat's work for the modded community, and with developers wanting to support an idea that inspired many.
SMH, *inserts gun in mouth, pulls trigger. I'm done.

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
I really linke the iead of more different mods beeing in the diferent modpacks
BUT if the user shall be able to combine the Modpacks into One super mod pack than it will be difficult for the support when someone got a problem with his Super-mod pack
also there may be some cross mod bugs and balancing issues which would make it difficult to make the balance cross modpack pack but if the team manages that problem ftb will get much more better :)

Also i would suggest (just as an idea) to make the different modpacks like Modules and in the launcher you could Combine the Modules that you want
(so you dont have to combine them via copying but clicking buttons in the launcher)
So if you want just Magic you just check/tick the magic pack and if you want the IC and TE pack you check/tick these
Than there would be modules like bioms and worldgen (dungeons etc), IC stuff, TE stuff, Magic,Random tweaks(like open blocks), Other Tech mods (BC,Rotary craft),Breeding (Forestry mariculture etc)

With that some modules are used by the most people (like the TE stuff) and other by them who like the idea behind

Reactions: Jadedcat

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Every mod?

Uuhhhgh. That has to be ...

Seriously, if it takes a few hours to get started with a deep mod, let alone really understand it (how long did Blood Magic take you, for example?), even if it just takes 45 minutes per dungeon for 10 types of dungeons (and it takes longer, much much longer) ...

Seriously?

Unless you are doing a surface level test, I can't see this as being anything less than 30+ hours a week, essentially a full-time unpaid job. And probably double that.

We should be seeing large numbers of mod reviews/spotlights from the two of you as you learn these mods.

I do about 50-60 hours a week between testing, tech support and packs and moderating.

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
Oh that's nothing @Eyamaz does about the same plus works a full time job and has a family. Me I just have no life. People should thank him more often. And send him cookies.
But wouldn't that make his computer so slow that he couldn't test anything? Get it cause cookies are memory and without memory minecraft crashes BUHAHAHHAHAHA IT'S SO FUNNY.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I don't understand why, if people aren't satisfied with the planned 1.7 packs that FTB produces, they can't just make their own packs. Seriously, people, you don't have to call down the lords of modpacks to complain just because you dislike some feature, or want to add extra mods.Making a custom, personal pack shouldn't be difficult at all (especially since there are no ID conflicts in 1.7). That's what I've done since 1.2.
Not to take business away from FTB or anything, of course!

If they have an issue with a server... just find a new one? =/

I would give you some cookies, except they were lost in transit. Personally, I suspect:
images

Reactions: fedprod and eashonk

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
No. I and Eyamaz test and play every mod that shows up on the MCF or CurseForge. We read the forums. We don't need a list of mod suggestions.

Thin it was just a coincidence that the rather popular horizons pack is almost a perfect match for what was posted in the 1.6 suggestion thread. Or that many of them ended up in the main pack even after already being out for quite a while?

Look it's nice that you think you can keep track of all then new mods, and every new version of the mods already created. But the way you phrased it makes it sound like you don't want to even pretend to care about the people you are making the packs for? People like to help. To contribute. To make a difference. And you are more than welcome to ignore all our suggestions but saying that we can't make then. What the heck is wrong with you. Because if you don't want to listen to us then why should we play what you make? That kind of attitude will kill any social based environment. And minecraft is definitely a game with a significant social aspect.

If that's not what you intended to say then I apologize.
But if it was you should probably start looking for your replacement. Before you Kill the Beast.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Thin it was just a coincidence that the rather popular horizons pack is almost a perfect match for what was posted in the 1.6 suggestion thread. Or that many of them ended up in the main pack even after already being out for quite a while?

Look it's nice that you think you can keep track of all then new mods, and every new version of the mods already created. But the way you phrased it makes it sound like you don't want to even pretend to care about the people you are making the packs for? People like to help. To contribute. To make a difference. And you are more than welcome to ignore all our suggestions but saying that we can't make then. What the heck is wrong with you. Because if you don't want to listen to us then why should we play what you make? That kind of attitude will kill any social based environment. And minecraft is definitely a game with a significant social aspect.

If that's not what you intended to say then I apologize.
But if it was you should probably start looking for your replacement. Before you Kill the Beast.

You are misreading things. It was a comment on the 218 mod suggestion emails I currently have sitting in my inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.