Update on the Future of FTB Modpacks in 1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

pderuiter

Jul 29, 2019
okay, to make this thread easier i made a template. Please use this from now on.

You guyssuck, you must include (mod x) because (totally personal reasons). Im sure you guys understand that (trivial feature) is the most important and MUST be added. I'll be very (mood y) when you dont do as i wish. I know better what to do with ftb, because i have spent years doing this and you obviously havent.
thank you for doing as i demand.

notawallplan

Jul 29, 2019
*Dumps a large bin full of mods that somehow assembles itself into a minecraft world. Rubs hands enthusiastically.* This is going to be fun.

AlCapella

Jul 29, 2019
okay, to make this thread easier i made a template. Please use this from now on.

You guyssuck, you must include (mod x) because (totally personal reasons). Im sure you guys understand that (trivial feature) is the most important and MUST be added. I'll be very (mood y) when you dont do as i wish. I know better what to do with ftb, because i have spent years doing this and you obviously havent.

Good belly laugh! Thanks.
You forgot to add "I will pack my bag and baggage and shove off to ABC launcher if you don't do this immediately" to that template :p

Derpysauce

Aug 29, 2013
Ben shapiro
i personally am prty sad about this it may just be the fact that the first mod i EVER added to my minecraft was IC2 and that it had taken me over a year to figure this out but other than my personal unfairness currently thermal expansion in comparison is SUUUUUUPER slow where as IC2 reaches processing speeds of a little over a tick i get that they are planning on implementing upgrades but just ug possibly for packs you could edit the config and make it so it processes faster but costs more power? in some packs at least cause i nad ma spad and i want at naw uh naw my spall chack is failin GIMMIE WHAT I WANT. XD

oh ooops theres a format for this.... but anyway you see my point the one thing that annoys me is the speed of TE items is there anyway you could say the progress on those upgrades for machines possibly a update date?

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
The extra utitles generators should be remodelled (if they provide use fuel not in te, like the redstone generator to be dynamos just for the feeling, for me they not feel right alongside te. They look kinda silly.).

Theres only 2 things what ic2 can do, others not
-the recycler
The way how its uses up the materials what you don't need is really good. Should find/make something to take this place, and ic2 can be move out to its own pack.
-jetpack
If some kind of direct rf powered flying thing could be found.

Tools can come from redstone arsenal, so ic2 tools not needed.

TConstruct has some kind of rf support i belive.

Redstone flux (for me) seems to be a more minecrafty energy then eu/mj, for redstone is being the high tech element of vanilla.

Bc can go on with rf, with the removal of its engines or a conversion to dynamos. Just make sure that redstone engines not connect to conduits for cheap and free energy.

Minefactory reloded in unleashed consumed mj (at least i was able to connect redstone energy conduits into it to power), and rf converts to mj. I hope that was not a fix for this.

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
<snip>
.... but anyway you see my point the one thing that annoys me is the speed of TE items is there anyway you could say the progress on those upgrades for machines possibly a update date?
There are other mods that add ore processing. Regardless, you could always just add IC2 to whatever pack you play.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013

To which I reply, using a template imported from the MMO I play:

"Can I haz all ur stuf when u ragequit?" :D

KaosRitual

Jul 29, 2019
The extra utitles generators should be remodelled (if they provide use fuel not in te, like the redstone generator to be dynamos just for the feeling, for me they not feel right alongside te. They look kinda silly.).

Theres only 2 things what ic2 can do, others not
-the recycler
The way how its uses up the materials what you don't need is really good. Should find/make something to take this place, and ic2 can be move out to its own pack.
-jetpack
If some kind of direct rf powered flying thing could be found.

Tools can come from redstone arsenal, so ic2 tools not needed.

TConstruct has some kind of rf support i belive.

Redstone flux (for me) seems to be a more minecrafty energy then eu/mj, for redstone is being the high tech element of vanilla.

Bc can go on with rf, with the removal of its engines or a conversion to dynamos. Just make sure that redstone engines not connect to conduits for cheap and free energy.

Minefactory reloded in unleashed consumed mj (at least i was able to connect redstone energy conduits into it to power), and rf converts to mj. I hope that was not a fix for this.
Both Mekanism and Simply Jetpacks have jetpacks, both mods use RF. For a recycler Minechem is probably the closest thing I can think of.

Mevansuto

Jul 29, 2019
Do any mods other than Buildcraft and Resonant Induction have any pumps that work on fluids other than lava?[DOUBLEPOST=1398622533][/DOUBLEPOST]
We have the Enderthermic Pump from Extra.Utilities. I'd love to see a Flood Gate style block from XU or OpenMods.

Does that work on fluids other than lava?

Frontrider

Jul 29, 2019
Both Mekanism and Simply Jetpacks have jetpacks, both mods use RF. For a recycler Minechem is probably the closest thing I can think of.

Mekanish seems really good ,that could be used as a base mod.
Minecshem not seems to good to me :/

thanks.

keybounce

Jul 29, 2019
No. I and Eyamaz test and play every mod that shows up on the MCF or CurseForge. We read the forums. We don't need a list of mod suggestions.

Every mod?

Uuhhhgh. That has to be ...

Seriously, if it takes a few hours to get started with a deep mod, let alone really understand it (how long did Blood Magic take you, for example?), even if it just takes 45 minutes per dungeon for 10 types of dungeons (and it takes longer, much much longer) ...

Seriously?

Unless you are doing a surface level test, I can't see this as being anything less than 30+ hours a week, essentially a full-time unpaid job. And probably double that.

We should be seeing large numbers of mod reviews/spotlights from the two of you as you learn these mods.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019
Every mod?

Uuhhhgh. That has to be ...

Seriously, if it takes a few hours to get started with a deep mod, let alone really understand it (how long did Blood Magic take you, for example?), even if it just takes 45 minutes per dungeon for 10 types of dungeons (and it takes longer, much much longer) ...

Seriously?

Unless you are doing a surface level test, I can't see this as being anything less than 30+ hours a week, essentially a full-time unpaid job. And probably double that.

We should be seeing large numbers of mod reviews/spotlights from the two of you as you learn these mods.

I don't know all the specifics, but yes, people really, really underestimate how much effort Jaded and Eyamaz and the rest of the team put into FTB. ;)

Bbaass_TMH

Jul 29, 2019
I've been playing FTB since Betapack A. I have used IC2 and BC machinery a good amount since then, in playing the Mindcrack pack, Ultimate, and Unleashed.
But, I'm not stuck in old ways, and welcome a chance to play with new and different mods.
While I was slightly sad that FZ might not make it in the new pack because it added sculpting, which is basically a step beyond microblocks, I later realized that I've done that already now. It's time for some new stuff.

As a server administrator, myself and the other admins of an FTB server have had a lot of issues in transferring over to new (minecraft) versions, and new packs. What does our playerbase want, what do we want, etc. Because we've managed itemtransfer before, I look forward to the possible loss of Forestry, as that was the main headache for world conversion :p

Status
Not open for further replies.