Why are some mods Disabled by default in Monster?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
Well, minimaps are clientside so people can choose which one they want. Biome mods are the same deal, exceot they are serverside and people like different ones. Blood magic ismbecause it is not very childd friendly

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
The blood magic developer's annoying attempts at humor in the mod's tooltips doesnt seem very mature to me.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Just some guesses...

Lycanites because it might cause out of memory issues and it makes things harder, Special Mobs because it makes things harder, EnderNet because...I dunno. :p

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you are up for the challenge and the other people on the server have computers that can handle it, Id say go for it.

Migraine_Maddox

Jul 29, 2019
I think I will do that. The only problem I have now is, before I asked about this on the Forums I turned on all of the disabled mods to see what they would do. Including the extra minimaps, but now I don't remember the ones that were disabled.

Reactions: epidemia78

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
Lol you can run with more than one of the map mods. Journeymap goes with everything else, you can just disable the minimap part of it since it doesnt show mobs and stuff and instead use it for the fullscreen map. I prefer Zan's minimap to Rei's but I cannot remember why.

Migraine_Maddox

Jul 29, 2019
Because of the memory issue with Lycanite's Mobs I will use all of them but that and Blood Magic.

Finally is there a way I can reset a mod pack back to default? to fix me enabling all the mods at once?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So is Blood Magic kid friendly or not?

Debatable. If they can understand it's a game and the blood sacrifice required in the mod is a game only, it's fine. If they can't understand that, well, keep it disabled.