Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
The pulverizer works via ore-dict, so it should. I hope. Must test when I get home.

--
Also, what do I do with all the nickel? void pipe it? Its only purpose seems to be making invar with iron. But iron seems mostly to be more valuable as iron.

Invar tools are quite good in general, so is iron, if you have automated line, you shouldnt worry too much about ores.

BTW: What does fortune 3 on hammer work on, only ore gravels, etc or all stuff that can be hammered ?

Last edited:

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 igneous extruders, one generating cobble for 3 crucibles generating lava to feed to a magmatic that is driving an array of 4 pulverizers fed cobble from the other extruder. Gravel, and dust are going into 2 autonomous activators feeding two sieves that are feeding things into a barrel my next task has to be to figure out how the @#$( to process all the ore im getting.

I don't see the point of adding ore-berries into the mix.

My question revolves around the automatic processing of the broken ores and ore dusts - how? It seems I'd need an array of 18 automatic crafting benches to recompose the broken ores and dusts into the form that I could feed into a RF powered redstone furnace, OR an array of 9 smelteries to process each of the ores individually (to avoid inadverdent alloys and to make extraction easy).

Is there an easier way to automate the processing of ore-bits that i'm missing?
Never hurts to have a little more or go a diffrent route. Oreberries and golems together have always served me well, and that's less machine set up, taking power from the system. luckily lamps of growth seem to do the job of making ore berries run faster. Also the hammer portion just makes me sorta feel a little bit queasy. It's probably more efficient and you'll get all the ores from the pulverizer method but if you're struggling for iron, and you manage to get a fair bit of iron ore berry bushes or gold for thaumcraft shenanigans, you're set for liiiiiiiife.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Never hurts to have a little more or go a diffrent route. Oreberries and golems together have always served me well, and that's less machine set up, taking power from the system. luckily lamps of growth seem to do the job of making ore berries run faster. Also the hammer portion just makes me sorta feel a little bit queasy. It's probably more efficient and you'll get all the ores from the pulverizer method but if you're struggling for iron, and you manage to get a fair bit of iron ore berry bushes or gold for thaumcraft shenanigans, you're set for liiiiiiiife.
you have to sift gravel for diamonds and emeralds, and dust for redstone and glowstone dusts anyway, so your iron and gold needs should really be well covered just through keeping up with demand for diamonds and emeralds alone. I find that I have much much more of the other metals than i will ever need. an I am running a very modest setup to boot.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
you have to sift gravel for diamonds and emeralds, and dust for redstone and glowstone dusts anyway, so your iron and gold needs should really be well covered just through keeping up with demand for diamonds and emeralds alone. I find that I have much much more of the other metals than i will ever need. an I am running a very modest setup to boot.

how are you processing the ore fragments gotten from sifting gravel and dust? Given this focus on automate everything, I don't want to just dump int into barrels for later manual processing. But 18 cyclic assemblers seems a bit ... overkill... but without reassembly I'd need to use 9 TiCo smelteries. also overkill.

firefudge

Jul 29, 2019
You could try sending the ores stuff into an AE system that knows the recipes and have precision export buses set to craft them. That's one way I've been thinking about handling my ores, anyway.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
how are you processing the ore fragments gotten from sifting gravel and dust? Given this focus on automate everything, I don't want to just dump int into barrels for later manual processing. But 18 cyclic assemblers seems a bit ... overkill... but without reassembly I'd need to use 9 TiCo smelteries. also overkill.

I just manually craft it into the blocks for further processing depending on need. that way i only need one pulverizer for processing it. I also use the fortune hammer on iron, due to it being in higher demand than the other metals.
you could also just store it, and then pipe it over to the smeltery one type at the time. you process faster than you can make it if you have a modest setup, but you still get lots and lots of metals. later on, when you have a need for much more stuff than in the early phases, you would go all out on the processing. but that is after you have begun on using AE for storage and sorting.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Ah. AE.
In all my previous modded minecraft ive avoided AE as being ... a way to avoid rather than answer the question of logistics. In this skyblock I am going to have to get to grips with it finally. Perhaps ill become a convert.

Reactions: immibis

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
meh honestly I'm considering doing bee's for emeralds and diamonds. Random chance of diamonds and emeralds feels way to low for my tastes.

marcmagus

Jul 29, 2019

Personally, I just bit the bullet and am running the 27 cyclic assemblers. 18 go to an automated hammering chamber, and the 9 on the output end can go to whatever you're using for final ore doubling and storage. I had mine going to a pulverizer/redstone furnace combo, but it seems aluminum pulverizing being on was a bug in the version I designed that system on, so I'll have to rethink it.

It's moderately expensive to set up, but it runs cheap (all the assemblers powered by a single survivalist gen, fed coal from the gravel sieve). The 28 pneumatic servos to filter all the inputs are probably the most annoying part, but assemblers don't care what's piped into them.

I think it's kind of a cool machine room complement to the gravel/sand/dust generator, the Sieve Chamber, and the Hammering Chamber. YMMV of course, but if AE feels too easy you too might find it satisfying.

Reactions: immibis

Kik

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. That's a cool setup. I've mainly used self-sacrifice setups because I don't have a lot of experience building mob farms. Fluxed Electrum would be a lot easier to mass produce. Do you use another mob farm to get the mob essence for the autospawner? I had wanted to use an essence berry setup like I've seen Ako the builder use, but I still can't find any on our MF2 server so far. I suppose I should get more experience with making mob farms.

If you can do that (the above), you may want to look at trying out a Well of Suffering + trapped Witches combo when you hit Tier 4. I hear it's pretty popular for making an automated altar design. Is there a way to spawn witches in AgSkies?

Edit: For fighting the wither I would recommend a Talisman of Remedium from Thaumic Tinker to protect against the Withering effect. A Flask of Strength with a tier 2 or 3 power catalyst added to it would up your DPS a lot. Blood Armor should make it pretty easy to stay alive I imagine as long as you can protect against the withering effect (which will still hit you through the Armor I believe). I suppose you could also brew a Regen Flask to counter the Withering, but you'll definitely want some Lengthening Catalysts on that so it doesn't wear off in the middle of the fight (It's got 300 Hp if I remember right). But you can probably take it with less then all that depending on your MC combat skills. I personally wouldn't take the risk in a hardcore mode like AgSkies uses. I haven't fought him in my last two world playthroughs (my array of mods and then MF2) as I've never had enough wither skulls before (no mob farm skills again).

Purple robed villager priests placed into a pool/block of witch water placed in the world (not still in the barrel) will turn into witches.

Gimply Goose

Jul 29, 2019
Has anybody used infusion crafting to get Greatwood? That recipe/spell looks very, very nasty. If there is any easier way I want to know it.
I got Garwood saplings from trading with a pech forager. From 32 gold I got 7 Greatwood saplings so it should be fairly common.

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
If you don't mind losing out on the overall (imo small) loss of the extra you gain from breaking it down to dust, the gravel is ore dictionaryed to ore so you can pulverise it or throw it into a smeltery for straight up doubling.

zbeeblebrox

Jul 29, 2019
if it happens again i recommend just spawning it back in since it is a MAJOR part of the map

EDIT: or you could turn keep Inventory on which is what i did because when i wasn't paying attention i walked backwards off the map and had to restart the entire map.

I considered "keepinventory" but in the end I decided against it, since the quest rewards seem to be enough items to re-gear. Plus the flight potion already saved me from a fall once. That alone makes this easy mode compared to normal skyblocks :p (JUST KIDDING JADED hahaha SEE IT'S A JOKE PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT MORE DIFFICULT)

Oh FYI, the quest book's recipe is literally just a regular book and a piece of string. So even if you fall with everything you have, as long as there's just one sapling left over, you can get back up and running.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
Purple robed villager priests placed into a pool/block of witch water placed in the world (not still in the barrel) will turn into witches.

no wonder all my villagers turned into zombie villagers when I tried this, I was using the wrong villager

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Just learned today from the comments on Genny B's video's you can make endstone via Ex Nih too. So instead of the obsidian bit, you make a stone barrel with lava in it, and rightclick with GLOWSTONE! I'm not sure if it's the dust or block, but this is just such a game changer for ender lily farms.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Just learned today from the comments on Genny B's video's you can make endstone via Ex Nih too. So instead of the obsidian bit, you make a stone barrel with lava in it, and rightclick with GLOWSTONE! I'm not sure if it's the dust or block, but this is just such a game changer for ender lily farms.
you have no idea how long I derped around being annoyed at not knowing how to get netherrack without going to the nether. guess what. stone barrel with lava and a piece of redstone dust....

I suspect there are other recipes as well. but i just had to restart due to updating to 2.0.2.. something broke, and my world while technically still valid is missing some pieces... new world in 3. 2. 1.

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
you have no idea how long I derped around being annoyed at not knowing how to get netherrack without going to the nether. guess what. stone barrel with lava and a piece of redstone dust....

I suspect there are other recipes as well. but i just had to restart due to updating to 2.0.2.. something broke, and my world while technically still valid is missing some pieces... new world in 3. 2. 1.

I keep the Ex Nihilo and Ex Aliquo mod pages open on my browser at all times for reference. :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if it's the dust or block, but this is just such a game changer for ender lily farms.

Not really, enderlily farms can't keep up with even a basic vanilla mob trap. I had 6-7 seeds on end stone for the last week, never got an extra seed from any of them. Meanwhile I've done ~128 stacks of ender pearls from a mob trap.

Reactions: TaintedHorizon

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
I considered "keepinventory" but in the end I decided against it, since the quest rewards seem to be enough items to re-gear. Plus the flight potion already saved me from a fall once. That alone makes this easy mode compared to normal skyblocks :p (JUST KIDDING JADED hahaha SEE IT'S A JOKE PLEASE DON'T MAKE IT MORE DIFFICULT)

Oh FYI, the quest book's recipe is literally just a regular book and a piece of string. So even if you fall with everything you have, as long as there's just one sapling left over, you can get back up and running.
@Jadedcat this is too easy