Rube Goldberging a quarry

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So i'm bored and drunk and I thought this would be a fun way to get people to express their creativity.

How many different items/mods can you involve in the simple act of powering a quarry then collecting and sorting the output?

A basic version of such a system right now involves:

A PumpPlus from QuarryPlus outputting into
A tank from Buildcraft from which I pull lava with
Fluiducts from Thermal Expansion pumping into a Tesseract from the same.

At the other side of the tess, you have a
Steel Tank from Railcraft, which then outputs into more fluiducts connected to
Geothermal Generators from IC2 which output power into an MFSU, then into an
Energy Bridge PowerConverters to turn it into RF and then pass it through another tesseract into
An Enderquarry Extra Utilities, which outputs into BC pipes into a
Diamond chest IronChests, from which rubbish is pulled by itemducts into a trash can Extra Utilities and other stuff is pulled by conduit thingies from EnderIO back into the tesseract, transporting it to another Diamond Chest, from which an Import Bus Applied Energistics pulls everything into an ME network.

That's 10 mods for 2 combined tasks. I'm sure you can make this much more needlessly complicated and/or more efficient at the same time. Humour me, geniuses!

Reactions: xSINZx

GoldenGamerUK

Jul 29, 2019
Firstly if you can write that drunk, sit down in a corner with a whiteboard and pen and let the ideas flow!

Secondly who is Rube Goldberg (I'm in uk schooling and they don't teach ya these things)

Thirdly, I had a quarry running on redstone engines, and I manually collected the items! No chest, it shot up the top and I was running!

Reactions: abculatter_2

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Firstly if you can write that drunk, sit down in a corner with a whiteboard and pen and let the ideas flow!

Secondly who is Rube Goldberg (I'm in uk schooling and they don't teach ya these things)

Thirdly, I had a quarry running on redstone engines, and I manually collected the items! No chest, it shot up the top and I was running!

Evidently you haven't reached the bit of UK schooling where you decide "fuck this noise" and go get drunk. The ability to resit year 12 exams in year 13 led me into a year of sin that set me in good stead for 4 years of sin at university ;)

The thread title refers to the idea of needlessly overengineering a system for a simple task: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_machine

As for redstone engines, I usually start with them for a lava pump so I can run some form of lava based power into a quarry, a quarry run directly off redstone engines is so slow as to be virtually pointless for my nefarious purposes :p

GoldenGamerUK

Jul 29, 2019
Evidently you haven't reached the bit of UK schooling where you decide "fuck this noise" and go get drunk. The ability to resit year 12 exams in year 13 led me into a year of sin that set me in good stead for 4 years of sin at university ;)

The thread title refers to the idea of needlessly overengineering a system for a simple task: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rube_Goldberg_machine

As for redstone engines, I usually start with them for a lava pump so I can run some form of lava based power into a quarry, a quarry run directly off redstone engines is so slow as to be virtually pointless for my nefarious purposes :p
At the time of me powering that quarry, I had no clue about game wikis, as for getting drunk, I can't, due to my autism, it shows, but not enough to actually be a problem, so ill probally have a few beers and fall asleep at my desk...[DOUBLEPOST=1397178029][/DOUBLEPOST]
You my good sir are fucking everywhere!!!

Reactions: ThatOneSlowking

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Ah you see the best bit is if you get drunk enough no one will know the difference anyway. Except autism isn't likely to make you vomit on a policeman or wake up in a foreign country with no recollection of how you got there.

#misspent youth

GoldenGamerUK

Jul 29, 2019
I swear to god if I get drunk for the first time and I end up like they do in the hangover...[DOUBLEPOST=1397178606][/DOUBLEPOST]And plus I don't want hangovers, I've heard you feel like shit the whole day...

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I swear to god if I get drunk for the first time and I end up like they do in the hangover...[DOUBLEPOST=1397178606][/DOUBLEPOST]And plus I don't want hangovers, I've heard you feel like shit the whole day...
The Hangover 1 was only as bad as it was for them because they "spiked" their Jaeger. The rest, uh, didn't watch 'em.

That being said, Hangovers suck, yes, but when you're young they are easy to avoid, or rather you don't really get them like you do when you're older.

Just don't drink a whole 40 and you shouldn't have a horrible hangover.

GoldenGamerUK

Jul 29, 2019
The Hangover 1 was only as bad as it was for them because they "spiked" their Jaeger. The rest, uh, didn't watch 'em.

That being said, Hangovers suck, yes, but when you're young they are easy to avoid, or rather you don't really get them like you do when you're older.

Just don't drink a whole 40 and you shouldn't have a horrible hangover.
Nice, looks like 4 cans are going to be my freind for the rest of my life!

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
At the time of me powering that quarry, I had no clue about game wikis, as for getting drunk, I can't, due to my autism, it shows, but not enough to actually be a problem, so ill probally have a few beers and fall asleep at my desk...[DOUBLEPOST=1397178029][/DOUBLEPOST]
You my good sir are fucking everywhere!!!
Im not pressfarttocontinue, he is location:everywhere

Reactions: PierceSG and YX33A

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
[Snip]
And plus I don't want hangovers, I've heard you feel like shit the whole day...

Having studied getting drunk at university. (No actually I did, we did a module on it in my metabolism class)
This is my conclusion on avoiding and managing a hang-over

The majority of the hang-over pain that you hear about is dehydration. Drink plenty of water along with your alcohol, you'll avoid most of it.

In the event of a hang over:
First step: don't panic
Second step: Take pain killers, but avoid paracetamol for your pain killers (makes your liver work a little at the best of times, not good for it when it's alcohol logged)
Third step: Take something with Niacin (Aka; Nicotinic Acid, or Vitamin B3) Berrocca is a good choice (Taking this the night before is good as well, significantly helps with alcohol processing capability of your body)
Fourth step: Take a cab or whip out your (or somebody else's) inner-chef to get yourself a greasy fry-up. The second major component in a hang-over is lack of energy, and you know what is the most energy dense? Fat.
Fifth step: have an orange juice or other citrus juice with your greasy breakfast, has plenty of antioxidants for good measure
Sixth step: Walk home. Exercise helps, but you'll probably want to wait until after breakfast for this because you won't feel up to it beforehand
Seventh step: drink lots of water and have a shower, you should be feeling fairly good by now.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Also, actually on topic, you could change the import bus for applied energistics for an interface, and use Translocators to push items from the chest into the item system, also works much faster than an import bus.

ljfa

Jul 29, 2019
How a bout a Unifier from MFR to convert all your Geostrata cobblestone to vanilla?

xSINZx

Jul 29, 2019
Having studied getting drunk at university. (No actually I did, we did a module on it in my metabolism class)
This is my conclusion on avoiding and managing a hang-over

The majority of the hang-over pain that you hear about is dehydration. Drink plenty of water along with your alcohol, you'll avoid most of it.

In the event of a hang over:
First step: don't panic
Berrocca is a good choice.
Agreed... Dehydration and the lack of Vitamin C in the body leads to a worse hangover. Smoking while drinking decreases Vitamin C levels even more so. Berrocca Fan Boy here... Take two before bed and you'll be better off than if you didn't.

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
I've a simple solution to hangovers.. I'm Irish ;D That and drink some more when you wake up! :p

And Ijfa, that is a genius idea.. I dunno how I never thought of that! Time to clear up some storage space methinks!

Reactions: ThorinNL

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
For powering the quarry, use a forestry farm to get wood which then gets turned into alumentum from thaumcraft, with that aulmentum you feed high pressure boilers and use that energy to then feed a fussion reactor from reactor craft, which in turn will make tons of steam to power the turbines that will produce the energy required that will go to an energy converter and output it into RJ with a tesseract to the destination set to the enderquarry. The enderquarry will drop its items into a Obsidian chest which in turn will drop them again into a passing railcraft cart, which will take all the items to the base where they will be distributed by proyect red into deep storage units for cobble and that stuff, an unifier to turn geostrata rocks into the onix one (better blast resistance and color) and the rest into an ender chest connected in the other side to the main ME system, which then will output the ores and stuff into sub-nets for processing and later, it will use that items to create a new quarry and use an MFFS system to teleport it to a new destination in which a computer craft turtle provided with the new materials will construct another rail and a thaumcraft golem will put the cart in the correct rails. After the first quarry gets finished it will be teleported back with another MFFS that will use a block breaker to grab the quarry and put it into the system again for later use.

Reactions: malicious_bloke