Agrarian Skys help, venting, and discussion thread

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
You can make increased capacity runes for the tier 4 altar with the tier 3 altar. If you're trying to make the tier 3 stone you just need some form of regen during the process. I used jaded bees.

If you want to stay within Blood Magic, you can also create a Flask of Regeneration as well, as that is certainly possible with a Tier 3 Altar & Orb. I mention b/c I'm unsure how easy Jaded bees are to get in Agrarian Skies, so the Flask might be an easier option.

Reactions: Padfoote

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
Jaded bees can be got via reward bags, I used a regen potion and a few health 2 pots (make them splash pots as its easier to keep up then) and just keep spamming them when you are on half a heart. Got it in no time.

Also:

Tree Farm setup, so much wood, so quick!

http://imgur.com/a/q1Bjb

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
Jaded bees can be got via reward bags, I used a regen potion and a few health 2 pots (make them splash pots as its easier to keep up then) and just keep spamming them when you are on half a heart. Got it in no time.

Also:

Tree Farm setup, so much wood, so quick!

http://imgur.com/a/q1Bjb

If you can craft a Vanilla Regen Pot, you can definitely make a Regen Flask, it's fairly similar actually. The advantage of the Flask is that you can a make the equivalent of a Regen II pot that lasts up to 3 minutes, and can be used 8 times before needing refilling (but not re-crafting). That's a lot of Altar blood. Can be pretty handy for crafting Tier 3/4/5 BM objects like Orbs/Slates/Filled Sockets, when the LP requirements get into the 5 digit range. Especially since I imagine Jaded's Rune nerfs from MF2 are still in, so you need large amounts of Enderium to make self-sacrifice runes.

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I got the worst reward other than the troll enchanted rewards and it was 16 amaranth wood planks, like WHAT and why !?

Gerald Huppertz

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, I think I need some help:
I'm having problems with getting some leather.
I have a 10x10 grass field surroundes by stone walls making it 11x11 total about 30 blocks away from the main island in forest/River biome.
xqk9ef9s.png
Well after I realised, that this didn't work, I tried the Nether thing, but... just no ._.
First Try: Dead within 10 seconds thanks to auto-aggressive and potion throwing pigmen.
Second try: Dead within 40 seconds, same reason.therefore: no, thanks^^
anyone have another idea how to get some leather/why my platform isn't working? Problem is: I can't enchant stuff withouut it, so nether will stay too hard until I find a way. Same with thaumcraft: No thaumcraft without leather, so no good stuff for fighting in nether :/

I had a 6x6 grass area to the East which was a jungle/river biome. I had 1 ocelot spawn in over teh course of a night of playing. I never even considered biomes until I started reading this thread. I then move due North from the spawn until I hit forest and ensured my entire 6x6 grass are was in a forest biome. I went away to cut some trees and do some work. I think I slept maybe 2x and went back to see if the grass has grown over all the newly placed dirt. I was greated by 3 cows, 2 sheep and a chicken.

So the trick seems to be forest, forest, forest. lol

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
I had a 6x6 grass area to the East which was a jungle/river biome. I had 1 ocelot spawn in over teh course of a night of playing. I never even considered biomes until I started reading this thread. I then move due North from the spawn until I hit forest and ensured my entire 6x6 grass are was in a forest biome. I went away to cut some trees and do some work. I think I slept maybe 2x and went back to see if the grass has grown over all the newly placed dirt. I was greated by 3 cows, 2 sheep and a chicken.

So the trick seems to be forest, forest, forest. lol
that was what I wrote. it has to be forest if you want sheep, pigs, and cow and chickens. it's the only biome within short range that does not have a special mob attached to it, or is of a type that inhibits spawning of passives. heck. i even got a wolf in my pad. unfortunately I have accidentally placed a some grass in the jungle as well. blammo. no more passives except ocelots. damn cats ruining my meat farm.

KillerRamer

Jul 29, 2019
Just learned that tinker oreberry bushes can be earned from siving stone, however it is extremely rare. But if you can get a few of each type that should really buff your income on metals.

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
If you can craft a Vanilla Regen Pot, you can definitely make a Regen Flask, it's fairly similar actually. The advantage of the Flask is that you can a make the equivalent of a Regen II pot that lasts up to 3 minutes, and can be used 8 times before needing refilling (but not re-crafting). That's a lot of Altar blood. Can be pretty handy for crafting Tier 3/4/5 BM objects like Orbs/Slates/Filled Sockets, when the LP requirements get into the 5 digit range. Especially since I imagine Jaded's Rune nerfs from MF2 are still in, so you need large amounts of Enderium to make self-sacrifice runes.
I made a enderman spawner above (MFR) and kill them with the sacrifical dagger to get the essence. All the runes on the altar are the non-self sacrafice ones that use the fluxed electrum instead, a portable tank with 32 buckets of mob essence = one hell of a lot of blood ;)

This is also my first time playing with Blood Magic, so everything was still a bit new to me. Was getting help from a mate, but he's only done it on Monster and those regen crystals on monster make it so easy that I don't even think he'd tried the flasks. I will give them a look though, especially considering I've to go fighting me some withers soon!

James_Grimm

Jul 29, 2019
I made a enderman spawner above (MFR) and kill them with the sacrifical dagger to get the essence. All the runes on the altar are the non-self sacrafice ones that use the fluxed electrum instead, a portable tank with 32 buckets of mob essence = one hell of a lot of blood ;)

This is also my first time playing with Blood Magic, so everything was still a bit new to me. Was getting help from a mate, but he's only done it on Monster and those regen crystals on monster make it so easy that I don't even think he'd tried the flasks. I will give them a look though, especially considering I've to go fighting me some withers soon!

Huh. That's a cool setup. I've mainly used self-sacrifice setups because I don't have a lot of experience building mob farms. Fluxed Electrum would be a lot easier to mass produce. Do you use another mob farm to get the mob essence for the autospawner? I had wanted to use an essence berry setup like I've seen Ako the builder use, but I still can't find any on our MF2 server so far. I suppose I should get more experience with making mob farms.

If you can do that (the above), you may want to look at trying out a Well of Suffering + trapped Witches combo when you hit Tier 4. I hear it's pretty popular for making an automated altar design. Is there a way to spawn witches in AgSkies?

Edit: For fighting the wither I would recommend a Talisman of Remedium from Thaumic Tinker to protect against the Withering effect. A Flask of Strength with a tier 2 or 3 power catalyst added to it would up your DPS a lot. Blood Armor should make it pretty easy to stay alive I imagine as long as you can protect against the withering effect (which will still hit you through the Armor I believe). I suppose you could also brew a Regen Flask to counter the Withering, but you'll definitely want some Lengthening Catalysts on that so it doesn't wear off in the middle of the fight (It's got 300 Hp if I remember right). But you can probably take it with less then all that depending on your MC combat skills. I personally wouldn't take the risk in a hardcore mode like AgSkies uses. I haven't fought him in my last two world playthroughs (my array of mods and then MF2) as I've never had enough wither skulls before (no mob farm skills again).

Last edited:
Reactions: Padfoote

caiman123

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody have any advice for getting redstone? I've been looking around, and as far as I can tell the only way to get it is through sifting dust. Is there any late game way of mass producing the stuff?

try2bcool

Jul 29, 2019
Anybody have any advice for getting redstone? I've been looking around, and as far as I can tell the only way to get it is through sifting dust. Is there any late game way of mass producing the stuff?

I plan on making a witch, capturing it in a reusable safari net and auto spawn/grinder them, that's about the easiest way I can think of, and most of what it drops is just as useful.

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
Huh. That's a cool setup. I've mainly used self-sacrifice setups because I don't have a lot of experience building mob farms. Fluxed Electrum would be a lot easier to mass produce. Do you use another mob farm to get the mob essence for the autospawner? I had wanted to use an essence berry setup like I've seen Ako the builder use, but I still can't find any on our MF2 server so far. I suppose I should get more experience with making mob farms.

If you can do that (the above), you may want to look at trying out a Well of Suffering + trapped Witches combo when you hit Tier 4. I hear it's pretty popular for making an automated altar design. Is there a way to spawn witches in AgSkies?

Edit: For fighting the wither I would recommend a Talisman of Remedium from Thaumic Tinker to protect against the Withering effect. A Flask of Strength with a tier 2 or 3 power catalyst added to it would up your DPS a lot. Blood Armor should make it pretty easy to stay alive I imagine as long as you can protect against the withering effect (which will still hit you through the Armor I believe). I suppose you could also brew a Regen Flask to counter the Withering, but you'll definitely want some Lengthening Catalysts on that so it doesn't wear off in the middle of the fight (It's got 300 Hp if I remember right). But you can probably take it with less then all that depending on your MC combat skills. I personally wouldn't take the risk in a hardcore mode like AgSkies uses. I haven't fought him in my last two world playthroughs (my array of mods and then MF2) as I've never had enough wither skulls before (no mob farm skills again).

For the grinder, we have had a grinder set up on the vanilla drop trap that we have had going since pretty much the start of the map, that has just been farming essence. But if you can get cursed earth then its a lot easier (division sigil ritual creates the earth, which can be got as dungeon loot or from killing a wither). Each mob killed gives 100 essence, with 100 used for killing the mob. I also plan on building a slime farm which will be used for creating essence (fine tuning the design I have to work for huge slimes, but its not going so well atm, so I might just stick with large).

I'll do up a quick design tomorrow in creative mode and show you how to build one if you'd like, they are actually pretty easy.

Yeah, I just got my T4 altar, but haven't looked into the well of suffering yet, I might do, but as far as it goes the design I have works wonders for me because I know I can keep up with the blood I need for the rituals/keep my network full for a long time with the 300 odd endermen that spawn! :p (I also can also disable it if I don't want to burn through all the essence, but I generally don't bother as I don't need to refill that often.) Not sure about a way to spawn witches though, although if you can that'd be pretty awesome to know.

Sadly, TT isn't in AgSkies, but I've played enough vanilla (and killed enough withers in modded) to know how to take em down easily enough. A flux infused sword with Smite V on it takes em down in no time at all! (Smite V sword is a must for taking down the wither imo, it litterly rips him to sh*t!)

Haven't looked into the alchemy side of things yet with Blood Magic (really only did the quests, and upgraded my altar and made the sword, but dayum did I have fun even just doing that, and I can't wait to get into more of it!)

As for farming wither skelly skulls, even if you don't have a mob farm, you can capture one in a safari net and set them to spawn exact copy, and you can use an XP extractor to take a level of XP from yourself and give you a bucket of mob essence, which is enough to spawn 2 wither skellys, that with a cleaver with max beheading should give you a fair number of skulls to work with.

Reactions: James_Grimm

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Just learned that tinker oreberry bushes can be earned from siving stone, however it is extremely rare. But if you can get a few of each type that should really buff your income on metals.

I have 2 igneous extruders, one generating cobble for 3 crucibles generating lava to feed to a magmatic that is driving an array of 4 pulverizers fed cobble from the other extruder. Gravel, and dust are going into 2 autonomous activators feeding two sieves that are feeding things into a barrel my next task has to be to figure out how the @#$( to process all the ore im getting.

I don't see the point of adding ore-berries into the mix.

My question revolves around the automatic processing of the broken ores and ore dusts - how? It seems I'd need an array of 18 automatic crafting benches to recompose the broken ores and dusts into the form that I could feed into a RF powered redstone furnace, OR an array of 9 smelteries to process each of the ores individually (to avoid inadverdent alloys and to make extraction easy).

Is there an easier way to automate the processing of ore-bits that i'm missing?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
I have 2 igneous extruders, one generating cobble for 3 crucibles generating lava to feed to a magmatic that is driving an array of 4 pulverizers fed cobble from the other extruder. Gravel, and dust are going into 2 autonomous activators feeding two sieves that are feeding things into a barrel my next task has to be to figure out how the @#$( to process all the ore im getting.

I don't see the point of adding ore-berries into the mix.

My question revolves around the automatic processing of the broken ores and ore dusts - how? It seems I'd need an array of 18 automatic crafting benches to recompose the broken ores and dusts into the form that I could feed into a RF powered redstone furnace, OR an array of 9 smelteries to process each of the ores individually (to avoid inadverdent alloys and to make extraction easy).

Is there an easier way to automate the processing of ore-bits that i'm missing?
Smeltery, because it doubles the ore output. Later on you can run things through unifier to get the ore version and just do normal ore doubleing.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Smeltery, because it doubles the ore output. Later on you can run things through unifier to get the ore version and just do normal ore doubleing.

hmmm. My working assumption was that the recomposed items, "act like the ore" and hence could be pulverized into the TE pulverized form, to ore-double that way (with another chance at extra outputs). With normal ores I would typically pulverize copper (to get extra gold dusts) and process iron ore in the induction furnace (With sand) to generate rich slag, that I would then use to multiply my gold x3 (always being the rarest). Does this not work with the ex nihilo "ores" ?

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
hmmm. My working assumption was that the recomposed items, "act like the ore" and hence could be pulverized into the TE pulverized form, to ore-double that way (with another chance at extra outputs). With normal ores I would typically pulverize copper (to get extra gold dusts) and process iron ore in the induction furnace (With sand) to generate rich slag, that I would then use to multiply my gold x3 (always being the rarest). Does this not work with the ex nihilo "ores" ?

Im not sure, IIRC I wasnt seeing pulverizer recipes for ore gravel/sand/dust.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Im not sure, IIRC I wasnt seeing pulverizer recipes for ore gravel/sand/dust.

The pulverizer works via ore-dict, so it should. I hope. Must test when I get home.

--
Also, what do I do with all the nickel? void pipe it? Its only purpose seems to be making invar with iron. But iron seems mostly to be more valuable as iron.

Last edited:

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
What options are there for better-than-iron armor at this stage or thereabouts?

invar armor perhaps?
if you're lucky, or unlucky, depends on how you see it, you can get a protection 5 leather armor set as a reward.
run them through a disenchanter, and take the enchants and move them onto the invar armor for even better protection

Reactions: Pyure