Itemduct Confusion

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Hey all
I just need some help with how to set up the filters in the Itemducts for a project I'm doing and I don't quite understand what everything does (which I think is why it's not working the way I want it to)

What I'm trying to do is set up a system that sorts out serums for Extra Bee machines automatically after innoculation.

The set-up is as follows:
I've got an Ender chest running to the innoculator providing it with Bees and Empty serum vials. I've managed to get this section going properly
pwvl1lAh.png

Next bit is, it goes from the innoculator into the chest (I put the chest in there because it didn't seem to behave without it, but that didn't fix anything either)

From there it travels down to one of two locations: In the picture below, either the chest on the left to go to the furnace you see in the background, or the chest on the right to be preserved. This is the part that confuses me.
VOlgTUgh.png

As I understand the set-up, I've got the chest on the right set to dense, which means it's the last place anything will go, and on the chest in the middle, I've got filtered to whitelisting as follows. (A note, the itemduct does not connect on the back there.)

laiLWEfh.png

So, currently the set-up sends all the serums from the innoculator straight to the dense piped chest, bypassing the whitelisted filter with their name on it.. It seems however if i pick them up out of that chest and put it through again, they all go into their correct places

Now, The thing is, I don't understand any of the settings in the itemduct except Whitelist/blacklist, and redstone control. I have a feeling this is a bit more difficult because the serums all have the same ID and damage value, but obviously the game has some way of telling them apart.

I was just wondering if somebody could explain to me what the ore dictionary setting, the metadata and NBT is and whether I want to use it or not in this project. Because it seems that the itemducts have the functionality that I'd want, but I just can't figure out how to utilise it

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
If you look at my post in the TE mega topic, I don't think Whitelist is working, it's behaving exactly like a Blacklist.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
If you look at my post in the TE mega topic, I don't think Whitelist is working, it's behaving exactly like a Blacklist.
Right ._.
Well that wouldn't help.

It'd still be handy to find out what the NBT, Ore Dict and Metadata settings do though just so I can work out what to do properly for when whitelist does work

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Meta data is the number after the ID number, after the colon 1234:45.

Normally this is the damage value of an item, the charge in a battery, or more frequently used, the subtype of a block (Like TE ores, all have the same ID, but different Meta data)

NBT is extra data that define the object, such as Bees, Tinkers Tools, etc. So you can filter to the exact species+traits of bee you've bred, or ignore the traits by turning off NBT

OreDict allows you to filter ALL of the same type of item registered in the Ore Dictionary, for example, Copper Ingots. If you have separate systems that generate Tinkers Copper Ingots, TE Copper Ingots & Mekanism Copper Ingots, you can filter ALL the ingots by placing just one type of ingot in the filter and turning on Ore Dict.

Reactions: PierceSG

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Also, just looked, there's another update (e) to TE. This might fix the filters. Will test later.

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Also, just looked, there's another update (e) to TE. This might fix the filters. Will test later.

Filters are working properly in all of my tests. Please post screenshots of your setup. It's possible that there's a corner case, but in the general cases - they are absolutely working.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Filters are working properly in all of my tests. Please post screenshots of your setup. It's possible that there's a corner case, but in the general cases - they are absolutely working.
There's an ascii version of my test setup in the big TE topic, post 1191. But I will look again tonight when I get home. I'm 99.9% certain I'm overlooking something.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Aren't the pictures in my OP enough?

if not I can get you more information about the set-up, just say what you need

(I don't think I'm playing on the bleeding edge of your versions just so you know)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Aren't the pictures in my OP enough?

if not I can get you more information about the set-up, just say what you need

(I don't think I'm playing on the bleeding edge of your versions just so you know)
KL was talking to me :D

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
If one side of a chest has an itemduct with a whitelist (A) and another side has an itemduct with no list at all (B), is it normal that an item on the whitelist uses the B way? Do I have to blacklist on one side every item that is on a whitelist on another side?

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
Yes, since the white listed item is allowed to go both to A and B but only if both destinations are equal distance apart. Anything not whitelisted will go to B.
One very simple change is to add an extra duct to the B route. Items will always attempt to travel to the nearest destination. Whitelisted stuff will always to go A, as that's nearer, and only if A is full will they go to B.

P.S. Nice necro, but at least it's valid :D

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Here is the setup of the problematic system with relevant information written:

Exemple: if I put iron oreberry in the ender chest, it should go to the assembler, create an iron ingot and go to the AE network but now the iron oreberry goes straight to the AE network.

BugItemductFilter.jpg

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
Ok. So only one itemduct coming out of the ender chest and all the servo filters at the entrance of the machines instead of at the exit of the ender chest? Deserves a try. Thanks Gimply.

gwirk

Jul 29, 2019
You can also use Buildcraft buffered filter. It is very useful when the recipe requires different items.