Tesseract weird texture after breaking

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
After placing, destroying and placing back a tesseract, the texture changed to this...

BugTextureTesseract.jpg

It still works. I tried restarting minecraft and changing texture pack but it still stays messed up. What's wrong?

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
So taking the tesseract with a pickaxe breaks the texture forever but keeps the object's function. Ok.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Or your texture pack could be broken, or have defaulted. I don't know, that is just one explanation given I have had similar things happen before when using hammers on chisel blocks etc.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Going off of memory here, but it looks like you have it assigned to a channel, as that changes the texture.

Reactions: unknown zombie

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Yes but the OP might it be referring to the fact that they had a custom texture for the tesseract with their texture pack which does not work now.

Then it's either a bug with the texture pack, or it doesn't have a texture for a tesseract with an assigned channel.

TheAwesomater

Jul 29, 2019
Then it's either a bug with the texture pack, or it doesn't have a texture for a tesseract with an assigned channel.

Yeah, you're probably right. I was going to suggest that it was a bug with TE3 but then I realised that it was more likely that someone has done something wrong in their world than one of the most widely used mods in FTB is broken :D

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
You are right, breaking the tesseract will give it the texture of when it has an assigned channel, which is pretty ugly, just tested it. Thanks.

Dreossk

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think they would have released TE without a texture. It's there, it's just not good looking.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
As said above the problem happens without a texture pack.

Ok Ill try to explain this slowly. That problem you are having is what the default tesseract texture looks like. You just arent used to it because you use a texture pack. That pack is missing a texture so it reverts to the default.