Dumb Tricks - Dumb/OP Mod Interactions Edition

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
If you have Xeno's andExtraUtils, watering fertelizing lilies increases their tick rate of applying bonemeal to nearby plants.

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Not a major op but with Thaumcraft 4 wand focus of excavation or equal trade you can obtain the toughest ore known to man which is cobalt from Tinkers Construct which means it is possible for you to skip alumite tools. You can mold lava into portal with buckets and water and move on prety quickly if you happened to start early on with thaumcarft.

masterx244

Jul 29, 2019
back in 1.5 packs i remembered a bug to mine Bedrock( either using Portalgun or the Vajra to relocate the anti-builds from Twilight forest near bedrock and PLOP bedrock popping and you can pick it up)

Reactions: Vasa and YX33A

vertagen

Jul 29, 2019
back in 1.5 packs i remembered a bug to mine Bedrock( either using Portalgun or the Vajra to relocate the anti-builds from Twilight forest near bedrock and PLOP bedrock popping and you can pick it up)

Also the Naga, you couldve trap it in Safari Net and spawn it in cleared out maze/labyrynt( the ones surrounded with bedrock on the lower level.)

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Not a major op but with Thaumcraft 4 wand focus of excavation or equal trade you can obtain the toughest ore known to man which is cobalt from Tinkers Construct which means it is possible for you to skip alumite tools. You can mold lava into portal with buckets and water and move on prety quickly if you happened to start early on with thaumcarft.
Actually osmium is the hardest element known to man :)[DOUBLEPOST=1396210595][/DOUBLEPOST]
Plenty of other options popped up after that megaton hammer landed, though. Recently a upgrade in Dartcraft was added that's totally insane, the Time upgrade. It's powerful as all hell(stop time, make it slow, faster, HYPERSPEED), and it can even be applied to force torches.
I have used these torches on magical crops and we'll in hyper seed with a few of them the plant grows in less than a second I have gained 80k Certus essence overnight so yea just a little op

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
I have used these torches on magical crops and we'll in hyper seed with a few of them the plant grows in less than a second I have gained 80k Certus essence overnight so yea just a little op
Hence why I shy away from that on Torches. I love it for the idea of making a staircase out of tossed blocks, but it's still too damn good for the cost.
Reducing the range to 2 would suffice in my books.

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
Plenty of other options popped up after that megaton hammer landed, though. Recently a upgrade in Dartcraft was added that's totally insane, the Time upgrade. It's powerful as all hell(stop time, make it slow, faster, HYPERSPEED), and it can even be applied to force torches.
Brb, installing dartcraft to speed up ender lily growth

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Time Torches work on other Time Torches and etc... And they work on MACHINES as well as plants and anything else that works based on a tick rate. You can make a quarry go insanely fast with that, or make your ore processing catch up to your ore quarrying... Though the machines will consume energy at an insanely faster rate as well, since it does not change how much they consume, but rather only how fast the machines "tick".

I'll leave you all to your imaginations as to just how much this can be exploited. (HINT: To gamebreaking levels with just about any mod. Yes, really. Though, it is fun to watch entities speed up so much you actually get nauseous from watching them move). Dartcraft is so OP... IMO at least, many here disagree.

Colensocon1

Jul 29, 2019
Time Torches work on other Time Torches and etc... And they work on MACHINES as well as plants and anything else that works based on a tick rate. You can make a quarry go insanely fast with that, or make your ore processing catch up to your ore quarrying... Though the machines will consume energy at an insanely faster rate as well, since it does not change how much they consume, but rather only how fast the machines "tick".

I'll leave you all to your imaginations as to just how much this can be exploited. (HINT: To gamebreaking levels with just about any mod. Yes, really. Though, it is fun to watch entities speed up so much you actually get nauseous from watching them move). Dartcraft is so OP... IMO at least, many here disagree.
This has been patched in the latest version I miss using this on solar panels to bump production by insane rate ):

The Skeptical Tech

Jul 29, 2019
So, found out that TiC + Metallurgy + ExtraTic = Tartarite flux rapier with max looting, sharpness, life steal = 2 hit kill on any non-boss mob regardless of armor as fast as you can click (i.e. under half a second).

Take epic OP sword + roguelike dungeons = EVERYTHING DIES!!

Unfortunately, I lost it when my grave stone glitched out / was wiped out by the enderdragon after a friend and I decided to gung-ho the fight.

Not a big deal, I'll make another.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
I find that with tartarite weapons that the flux is worse than just using moss. The durability is ridiculously high and you won't blow through it on a weapon. The flux addition will run out of charge before you wear out a third of the tartarite weapon.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
I find that with tartarite weapons that the flux is worse than just using moss. The durability is ridiculously high and you won't blow through it on a weapon. The flux addition will run out of charge before you wear out a third of the tartarite weapon.
But it's so easy to make a auto recharge station...

Xarlas

Jul 29, 2019
Powering a Big Reactor Turbine with a (HP) Railcraft Steam Boiler
I get about 4000 RF/tick out of one Steam Boiler
Maybe more if the turbine is more effizient build ...

Last edited:

null123

Mar 27, 2014
Powering a Big Reactor Turbine with a (HP) Railcraft Steam Boiler
I get about 4000 RF/tick out of one Steam Boiler
Maybe more if the turbine is more effizient build ...
upload_2014-5-3_11-59-28.jpeg

@ThatOneSlowking Beat you to it :p

Reactions: PierceSG and YX33A

Iluvalar

Jul 29, 2019
Omg guys, you'll love this one...

Magma dynamo > energy conduits > pneumatic engine > bevel gear > rock melter + igneous extruder > pipe > reservoir > fluiduct > drums > return to magma dynamo

It convert 1 lava bucket into 8 lava buckets per minute per magma dynamo. Apparently you can plug around 8 dynamo on the same system. So you could power about 56 magma dynamo with that setting. With no input...