Help with Wither Battle Area

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys I need help to make a Wither Battle Area so he doesn’t keep destroying my world.

I made a little room 5x5x5 and warded the walls but if he is pushed into the corner he blows out the wall :( ......WTF.

I am just using stone bricks. I heard that maybe compressed cobble from extra utilities might be betting but I don’t know.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I have found with mffs, the wither tends to bust out the bottom of the set-up
Because it blasts around and all the walls regenerate instantly, but if it blasts right below it, it moves into that space before it can regenerate.

Then rinse repeat, and it will eventually make it out the bottom

So I would recommend putting your mffs at bedrock (provided some mod hasn't replaced your bedrock, then you'll lose your wither to the void)

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
If you load up the MFFS with speed upgrades it might go faster than the wither can sink (test it in creative maybe). Additionally you could put additional floor levels with an additional MFFS force field projector so it cant sink all the way thru if it should happen to.

Personally I just use the invesion module on the force field projector and make the wither kill itself inside the force field. I didnt soil my hands for the skulls, why sould I for the wither too. Just gotta automate the wither spawn/kill process and I have myself enough wither stars to run a base off of.

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
As mentioned you can use MFFS to kill the wither and get the drops, but you can also use it to spawn it (For the most part, not sure about the last skull yet haven't tested it). MFFS has a function to build, allowing you to replicate it usng provided blocks.

Also in my wither arena, when I was testing I noticed similar where it would break out of the corners, and the explosions could sometimes break blocks just outside it (1 block outside the Forcefield) so I made the field 2 thick with speed upgrades just to play it safe.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
go up to a 7x7 area with your warded blocks it should be fine then. I have killed over 50 withers in my room without 1 block lost. But I also have 2 golems with pea shooters 3 blocks away down 1 block tunnels so they kinda knock him side to side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
What tutorial is best about MFFS for using it like this?

DW20 has a mod spotlight on Calclavias version of the mod, which is the one included in the packs. That was pretty much where I got all the necessary info, and just started playing about in creative. Its not that difficult of a mod to get into tbh when you understand the GUI's.

Direwolf20's Spotlight,
Bevo's Spotlight, who's usually pretty good too.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys I need help to make a Wither Battle Area so he doesn’t keep destroying my world.

I made a little room 5x5x5 and warded the walls but if he is pushed into the corner he blows out the wall :( ......WTF.

I am just using stone bricks. I heard that maybe compressed cobble from extra utilities might be betting but I don’t know.

Why fight in an overworld structure at all? Just use the vanilla method of a long tunnel (one wide by two high) at bedrock level, assemble the Wither at the far end of the tunnel (dumping a bucket of water on its head after placing the last skull) and retreating down the tunnel. Run forward, attack, run back. Never engage the Wither in the room it's clearing out, stay in the tunnel and whack at it from there.

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Septuple or octuple compressed cobblestone is supposed to be the kind that a wither can't break. I've not been able to test this personally yet. However in the past I have had great success with double thick warded stone.

GreenZombie

Jul 29, 2019
Why fight in an overworld structure at all? Just use the vanilla method of a long tunnel (one wide by two high) at bedrock level, assemble the Wither at the far end of the tunnel (dumping a bucket of water on its head after placing the last skull) and retreating down the tunnel. Run forward, attack, run back. Never engage the Wither in the room it's clearing out, stay in the tunnel and whack at it from there.

Why bedrock level? Hes not going to go any slower there and it goes straight for you so its not going to fall into a giant hole surely? I need to try this at any rate.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
Why bedrock level? Hes not going to go any slower there and it goes straight for you so its not going to fall into a giant hole surely? I need to try this at any rate.

Because this exactly:

You have protection in the tunnel, and he won't break bedrock and has 40+ blocks above him that he needs to break before doing any damage to anything.

What a time saver!

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
The highest tier compressed cobblestone if you're on a budget. Otherwise, warded stone.
That's debatable. What with mods, you can attack it outright. It takes about ten swings for me to kill the wither.

whd23

Jul 29, 2019
The highest tier compressed cobblestone if you're on a budget. Otherwise, warded stone.

That's debatable. What with mods, you can attack it outright. It takes about ten swings for me to kill the wither.

Sure, but if it works in vanilla it's a pretty safe bet it will work even better in modded Minecraft. And the long tunnel at bedrock (especially if done away from normally loaded chunks) is nearly a zero-cost/zero-risk method. Compare that to the warded stone, MFFS, even compressed cobble methods.

But hey, I'm just offering a suggestion; we can all play our own ways. :)

ThrillBird

Jul 29, 2019
I usually go MFFS. Yes, it's a bit expensive, but hey its nether stars you're getting from it! And if you don't have the resources to make a simple force field cube, I don't see why you would need a nether star anyway. To kill it, I either do it manually or with a nether star generator from Extra Utilities, provided i spawn multiple of them at a time.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, but if it works in vanilla it's a pretty safe bet it will work even better in modded Minecraft. And the long tunnel at bedrock (especially if done away from normally loaded chunks) is nearly a zero-cost/zero-risk method. Compare that to the warded stone, MFFS, even compressed cobble methods.

But hey, I'm just offering a suggestion; we can all play our own ways. :)
Not disagreeing that it's a valid method, but the majority of vanilla methods tend to become less and less relevant as you progress through the game and acquire resources and higher-tier items. They're useful before the mods start getting into gear, but, by wither-time, it's often easier to expend a few resources and gain convenience, rather than go to the methods that vanilla players need to in order to protect themselves.

The Snipe

Jul 29, 2019
Be warned we discovered on our server some versions of mcpc allow the wither to break warded blocks. Not sure if this is intentional or not so id say use mffs to make sure.

Although it can be expensive calclavia steel isn't too bad to make and is quick provided you have coal.