Ask a complex Question, get a long Answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
not going to lie, these questions dont appear to be following the threads guidelines of Complex questions = long answers. Looks like these all belong in ask a simple question, get a simple answer...

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
If you have access, MCedit or world edit might do the trick.
he said in game, Mcedit and world edit are not in game[DOUBLEPOST=1395724272][/DOUBLEPOST]
not going to lie, these questions dont appear to be following the threads guidelines of Complex questions = long answers. Looks like these all belong in ask a simple question, get a simple answer...
the name doesn't inmply that every question needs to be complex and every answer needs to be long, its just a place for those 2 things, sometimes some question don't really fall under simple question and some don't fall under complex, those can o here as well

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
he said in game, Mcedit and world edit are not in game[DOUBLEPOST=1395724272][/DOUBLEPOST]
the name doesn't inmply that every question needs to be complex and every answer needs to be long, its just a place for those 2 things, sometimes some question don't really fall under simple question and some don't fall under complex, those can o here as well
well if thats the logic behind this someone needs to create a thread called "Ask a standard question, get a medium length answer".

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
Aha! I had this vaguely in mind when I wrote the post, actually.

If it is put above the 1x1 hole in the center, will it pull mobs into the hole and then let them drop?

Or is its suction so great that it will leave them hanging in the air?

What's this? An excuse to repost a video? I'll take it! Fans are definitely the hot new thing for mob traps, especially cursed earth traps since you can't use water or either of the conveyors. In my last world I used the corporeal attractor in my enderman farm. These can be set to either pull or push & have to be turned on with a redstone signal. I chose to pull them to the center & drop them down a 3x3 hole surrounding the attractor. To get them to drop you have to turn off the attractor, so I have it set up on a timer. The frame rate on the video is very bad, but here it is anyway.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
well if thats the logic behind this someone needs to create a thread called "Ask a standard question, get a medium length answer".
OK, let me rephrase what i said, some times, question are a little to indepth to go in ask a simple question get a simple answer, so We made a place for questions like those. The title doesn't explain everything about the thread.

Last edited:

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
In a standard, say, 9x9 area filled with cursed earth, what are my options for moving spawned mobs to the center block?
I use a 9 x 9 area, with a few fans on the edge, and a conveyor belt in the middle, pushing everything towards a grinder.

I collect the mob essence and everything else, then feed the essence and gunpowder from the creepers to a bunch of reactant dynamos. POWAH!

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I STILL suck st redstone. Could someone explain or post some pics of how to set up TiCo drawbridges so that I can have a 3x3 door? I use Resonant Rise so I have access to damn near every redstone option.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, I STILL suck st redstone. Could someone explain or post some pics of how to set up TiCo drawbridges so that I can have a 3x3 door? I use Resonant Rise so I have access to damn near every redstone option.

Hope you understand :D

You use a not gate to invert the signal, so te drawbridges are always on, then on the input of the not gate you wire your method of opening the door, be it levers or pressure plates like i did :D

Images here \/
xslu.png
8ddr.png
z68f.png
kmrq.png
qld1.png
mk4g.png
6jse.png

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Dig a 3 wide and 4 tall pattern on where you want the wall to be. On the top 3 blocks, place drawbridges facing downwards. First slot is to mask the drawbridge, second one is the blocks it'll use to "extend". Redstone signal makes it extend, redstone signal off means they remain in retracted state. Now just wire up redstone on the 3 of them up to a lever, and you have yourself a 3x3 door. Yay!

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Look! Another excuse to repost another video! How you set up the redstone depends on how you want to activate your door. This video shows my 1st thoughts on how to get it working with pressure plates.

Reactions: RedBoss

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
ICBM red matter nukes... Sorry it's not more complex but it is so effective
Yeah, uh, no. You MUST mean ICBM Antimatter Explosives... I mean, Red Matter makes freaking BLACK HOLES that throw shit around like crazy, and they aren't a "Nuke". The "Nuke" from ICBM is only one because it has radioactive materials in it; it's much closer to a salted nuke then a actual nuke.

Using Antimatter would cleanly remove the tree, the drops(assuming you don't use Creeper Collateral which bugs out and makes all explosions drop 100% of the things they would normally destroy, so antimatter will lag you to hell and back 2048 times), and likely some of the bedrock in those chunks.

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Yeah, uh, no. You MUST mean ICBM Antimatter Explosives... I mean, Red Matter makes freaking BLACK HOLES that throw shit around like crazy, and they aren't a "Nuke". The "Nuke" from ICBM is only one because it has radioactive materials in it; it's much closer to a salted nuke then a actual nuke.

Using Antimatter would cleanly remove the tree, the drops(assuming you don't use Creeper Collateral which bugs out and makes all explosions drop 100% of the things they would normally destroy, so antimatter will lag you to hell and back 2048 times), and likely some of the bedrock in those chunks.

I haven't seen anybody shoot the moon with a portal gun recently. That might make a fun video for taking out one of these monster trees. Has anyone tried using a hungry node yet? That could also be interesting.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen anybody shoot the moon with a portal gun recently. That might make a fun video for taking out one of these monster trees.

Will not work for the tree... People need to realize what a sacred rubber tree is.. If you've played warcraft, then think about the tree of life from the elves.. But its father, which is a vietnam supersoldier.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I saw in the Tinker's Construct changelog that a new version of the smeltery using the Nether materials from Natura is available on the newest version of TiCo. Has anyone played with it already? What changes, and how it's used? Haven't got the time to actually play the game but i'm curious to see what has changed, how do you build it, etc... But haven't found info about it on the internetz. Yes, i googled it... Several times with several different search queries.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019

Actually there is a chunk reloading missile. One of those babies will destroy the tree, and regen ores!