Tinker's Sword mats

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
No, Vibranium is the stuff the Captain America shield is made off. It's an almost indestructible alloy that also dissipates all the kinetic energy of impacts made to it without creating vibrations, so he could block a howitzer shot with the shield without getting knocked back or have the energy transmit through vibration to his body... It was developed and created by Tony Stark's father, but i don't quite recall if Stark Junior uses that on his suit as well. Probably yes, since it was his father that developed it.

EDIT: Ninja'd

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
No, Vibranium is the stuff the Captain America shield is made off. It's an almost indestructible alloy that also dissipates all the kinetic energy of impacts made to it without creating vibrations, so he could block a howitzer shot with the shield without getting knocked back or have the energy transmit through vibration to his body... It was developed and created by Tony Stark's father, but i don't quite recall if Stark Junior uses that on his suit as well. Probably yes, since it was his father that developed it.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Nope, tony doesnt use it.. :p

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Well, he should... He would've inherited the patent to it, no?

I don't keep up with DC/Marvel comics anymore... They go to such ridiculous powerlevels and then have to have a rollback because everything is so out of proportional and it's impossible to keep creating stories after heroes & villains have achieved nigh-godhood. I don't even now in what world iteration Marvel & DC is! I feel content in seeing the movies and watch the diehard fans die a little inside when they maim the story of their favorite hero. Come on, son, Marvel and DC have done it a thousand times already in the comics, why are you complaining the movies are doing it too?

It's one of the little things i don't get about comic book diehards. They are just fine when Marvel/DC decide to rollback everything and recreate the history of all villains and superheroes, but when it's done in a movie it's sacrilege... I mean... What's the difference? Don't get it.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Well, he should... He would've inherited the patent to it, no?

I don't keep up with DC/Marvel comics anymore... They go to such ridiculous powerlevels and then have to have a rollback because everything is so out of proportional and it's impossible to keep creating stories after heroes & villains have achieved nigh-godhood. I don't even now in what world iteration Marvel & DC is! I feel content in seeing the movies and watch the diehard fans die a little inside when they maim the story of their favorite hero. Come on, son, Marvel and DC have done it a thousand times already in the comics, why are you complaining the movies are doing it too?

It's one of the little things i don't get about comic book diehards. They are just fine when Marvel/DC decide to rollback everything and recreate the history of all villains and superheroes, but when it's done in a movie it's sacrilege... I mean... What's the difference? Don't get it.

Nope, there is no patent, the alloy used in captains america shield was made by doctor mclain and even though stark tried to recreate it, he couldn't :p and using vibranium alone is not a good idea for an armor as it is radioactive :p

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, there is no patent, the alloy used in captains america shield was made by doctor mclain and even though stark tried to recreate it, he couldn't :p and using vibranium alone is not a good idea for an armor as it is radioactive :p
Which Stark couldn't? Tony found a way to fix Cap'ns shield after Thor broke it like a jerk with his hammer. And again after Hulk broke it with his fist.
(IIRC)

gokogt386

Jul 29, 2019
With the newest ExtraTiC version, tools can have different stats depending on what you make it with. If something has sanguinite as a material for example, the tool gets the wither effect. IMO, this just makes it harder to choose what to make stuff out of.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
With the newest ExtraTiC version, tools can have different stats depending on what you make it with. If something has sanguinite as a material for example, the tool gets the wither effect. IMO, this just makes it harder to choose what to make stuff out of.
Harder? No, more cool. Making a weapon that withers a foe isn't easy in MC; withering is all but impossible to obtain as a player usable effect. Sanguinite swords were the only thing I could think of off of the top of my head; now I can make a shortbow that can do this if I can look past the "never gonna have infinity on this thing" issue.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Which Stark couldn't? Tony found a way to fix Cap'ns shield after Thor broke it like a jerk with his hammer. And again after Hulk broke it with his fist.
(IIRC)

Stark father.. And there is a difference between being able to fix it and being able to reproduce it :p Mclain took the formula for the alloy to his grave :p If not, there is no doubt iron man would be the most powerfull thing out there..

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Stark father.. And there is a difference between being able to fix it and being able to reproduce it :p Mclain took the formula for the alloy to his grave :p If not, there is no doubt iron man would be the most powerfull thing out there..
/*Implying Iron Man isn't the most powerful superhero out there*
Yeah, uh, that's a hell of a debate there. And what is lost is not always so; assuming it can be found again.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, uh, that's a hell of a debate there. And what is lost is not always so; assuming it can be found again.

Could be found again but it would be a bold move from marvel.. Iron Man isn't the most powerfull marvel superhero by any chance, in fact, he is one of the less powerfull bitches there is.. If you want power in the marvel universe you have 3 ppl and only 3:

For the good side common heroes: Thor. He destroyed a planet with a punch, literally. He is stronger than The Hulk. But of course in the movies they like iron man so they nerfed Thor a whole bunch... (Also nerfed iron man, but even with his nano suit iron man is not powerfull enough to even try to fight Thor)

For the good side Not well known entities: Living tribunal. He is fucking omnipotent. Thats it. Nothing can defeat it. NOTHING,

For the bad side common known villains: Apokalypse.. I dont think i need to say anything about him.. He fucking destroyed X man alone.

For the bad side less known: Galactus.. He eats fucking worlds for a living... EATS. WORLDS.

And for the neutral more badass piece of shit there is that crapped over humanity over and over again except when he tried to help: Beyonder. He is one step ahead of the living tribunal. But just that is enough juice to destroy everything known (including iron man)

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough. Besides, the most powerful Super Hero in DC is Squirrel Girl, so I guess that "Most Powerful" is hard to describe. I call Iron Man the most powerful for the same reason why everyone refers to the Justice League as "Batman and his Bitches"; because he's smart as ball.

Reactions: kaovalin

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Fair enough. Besides, the most powerful Super Hero in DC is Squirrel Girl, so I guess that "Most Powerful" is hard to describe. I call Iron Man the most powerful for the same reason why everyone refers to the Justice League as "Batman and his Bitches"; because he's smart as ball.

In marvel iron man is not smart, there are humans that even reach a consciousness like that of sentient beings.. So, not even with his brain is he powerfull.. And when someone says "Most powefull" i think it means in an overall scale.. If it werent for that and was just the most powerfull in, for example, physical strength then the answer would change for every category :p (And iron man wouldn't be in any of them :p) And.. squirrel girl is from marvel, not dc :p[DOUBLEPOST=1395776549][/DOUBLEPOST]And everyone refers to justice league as batman and his bitches because of movies, but in fact, superman has the ability to destroy matter in a punch, i mean atomically.. He can travel in light speed, which means he can punch in light speed, which means he has almost infinite potential energy in one single punch so basically a punch from superman is like taking a big bang to the face :p Still think supes is batman's bitch?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
In marvel iron man is not smart, there are humans that even reach a consciousness like that of sentient beings.. So, not even with his brain is he powerfull.. And when someone says "Most powefull" i think it means in an overall scale.. If it werent for that and was just the most powerfull in, for example, physical strength then the answer would change for every category :p (And iron man wouldn't be in any of them :p) And.. squirrel girl is from marvel, not dc :p
Ah, well, shows how much I read comics, eh?
Not that all of your post makes sense to me. I at least got that bit.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Hehe, I was trying to start a conversation about strong metals in TiC, or its addons, but this happened.
Maybe saying if you can't get vibranium you won't use the mod wasn't the best way to do this then, eh? You have to understand, the FTB Forums get off topic at blazing speed. One mildly off topic comment and the whole thread has a NEW topic. Hence why I'm still a bit upset at Lawbroken for shutting down the No Topic Thread; it concentrated all that off topic stuff into one easy location(and thus kept other thread somewhat more on topic). The other reason I am still somewhat upset at Lawbroken over that was how he(?) handled it. He always seems a bit... gruff. Dunno, other admins seem a bit more polite with how the handle these things. No beef with him, just always feel somewhat miffed at how he handles things. But then again, he's a admin. They have a tough job.

In any case, the best material for a tool is easy to decide upon, since that's purely about speed, harvest level, and durability. Weapons it gets complicated as then we have to include tons of other factors. Including what kind of weapon to use. With Extra TiC deciding based on pure damage is easy enough, Adamantite plus it's alloy are high end and very strong. But for Nether Metals, then it's a question of what effects you want from your weapon(at least, with the most up-to-date version, anyway). And this isn't even mentioning Ender Metals.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, I'd rather use the nether metals for my weapons with ExtraTiC, assuming they assigned the stats so the match up with the Nether Metals from Metallurgy 3. Using the first metal(ignasomething) would light foes on fire without a need to add blaze powder, for example. Then there is Ender Metals(of which there are three metals and two ores; and one ore is only meant to be used in a alloy with the other ore but can be made into ingots if you must) which are actually pretty deadly as weapons IIRC.
Interesting to know. I was tooling around in Monster mostly until the packs went stable, so I just started in Horizons. Metallurgy is completely new to me and still stumbling around. Been busy with other things and haven't dug to deep into the metal properties. Figured there were more and better metals than I used. Is there a good source somewhere that tells their properties for TiC tools?