GeoStrata rocks, pickaxe it to death?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, after some time trying to deal with this with placing a stone block and using my flux pickaxe with its 1x3 effect to break them faster im strating to get a little bugged..

First thing, no, i will not disable geostrata or its rocks, I personally don't use crystals but having rocks with different blast resistances and colors brings something to my gameplay I dont want to lose.

So, does someone know or is able to make a plugin or something (I dont really care what the solution is, as long as I get a solution to this) that makes me able to break Geostrata rocks with a damn pickaxe? I remember somewhere reika said that his rocks are not going to be breakable with drills because IC2 api changes all the time.. But Redstone arsenal is the case too? I mean, please, it's not a drill, its a pickaxe. I find it extremely annoying that this is the only mod that gives me this problem and I don't understand why there is no solution yet for this (known to me at least, if im ignorant of a solution, please tell me so as im eager to start mining this rocks again instead of using a filler to destroy them all to be able to finish my builds in less than an hour).

Also, another topic but maybe there is someone enlightened enough... Why Jabba barrels cant be "gravi guned"? (Yes, thats a word, don't ask) Factorization barrels can be lifted up with gravity or portal gun, checked configs but cant find anything except a thing about white list in gravity gun that may destroy contents.. Which I also dont know how to use and instead of annoying iChun i prefer to see if someone in the community knows about this first :p

See ya!

Last edited:

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
To answer your geostrata question.
I'm sure it is a bug, I have experienced quite the opposite effect where you can still mine geostrata blocks when your TiC pickaxe is broken, so it may be linked to that?
If the drill isn't able to mine geostrata blocks then try the mining laser (connect up to modular powersuit kinetic generator and unlimited power!), it is a good alternative.

I don't think I can answer your second question, that's seems to be an incompatibility with JABBA and iChun's mods, you may want to speak to iChun about that. :)

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
To answer your geostrata question.
I'm sure it is a bug, I have experienced quite the opposite effect where you can still mine geostrata blocks when your TiC pickaxe is broken, so it may be linked to that?
If the drill isn't able to mine geostrata blocks then try the mining laser (connect up to modular powersuit kinetic generator and unlimited power!), it is a good alternative.

I don't think I can answer your second question, that's seems to be an incompatibility with JABBA and iChun's mods, you may want to speak to iChun about that. :)

Tbh i dont know if the drill can mine it or not, im sure i readed it somewhere though but i dont use IC2 :p weird thing the tic one.. Dont use it for tools, only for weapons.. But maybe ill have to use the pickaxe to solve this, thanks for the info man

Reactions: RealSketch

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Tbh i dont know if the drill can mine it or not, im sure i readed it somewhere though but i dont use IC2 :p weird thing the tic one.. Dont use it for tools, only for weapons.. But maybe ill have to use the pickaxe to solve this, thanks for the info man
NP :)

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Reika's great about addressing stuff like this, I'm sure if it's brought to his attention he'll see about a fix or an explanation.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
I saw Reika reply once that it has to be registered as a Pickaxe in the forge dictionary or something, else it won't work on Rotarycraft stuff. Loss of machines with RF Pick is also a problem... In any case, i think he said that the problem is on the other end, not on his end.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I saw Reika reply once that it has to be registered as a Pickaxe in the forge dictionary or something, else it won't work on Rotarycraft stuff. Loss of machines with RF Pick is also a problem... In any case, i think he said that the problem is on the other end, not on his end.

Then why it doesn't work with his mod but works with others? So far this is the only mod i've found that does this :/

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Hmm I have been using the IC2 Drills/Gravisuite upgrades for the drills in Monster and they work just fine for the Geostrata ores.

Also I don't understand the problem. The Geostrata rocks are breakable with pickaxes just fine aren't they? Different hardness of rocks just requires different qualities of pickaxes. Have worked just fine for me.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm I have been using the IC2 Drills/Gravisuite upgrades for the drills in Monster and they work just fine for the Geostrata ores.

Also I don't understand the problem. The Geostrata rocks are breakable with pickaxes just fine aren't they? Different hardness of rocks just requires different qualities of pickaxes. Have worked just fine for me.

Yes they are breakable, but first of all, they break extremely slow and second, I dont get the rock when I mine it (as when mining something with the wrong tool).. Now.. Being Flux tools even better than diamond, then them not being able to break even the lower tier Geostrata rocks (and in fact, get the damn rock) is a waste not only of time but of items..

And as i've said, i remember reading somewhere that the Drill couldnt break them and reika replying that it was because of IC2 api but again, I dont use IC2 so i dont know about fixed, I just thought that maybe if there was a temporary solution to the drill it may work with flux tools too.. if its fixed now, hell yeah, then it means this will get fixed (At least i hope it will).

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I just started Monster today but I'm already thinking about a restart to disable Geostrata because (a) all the different rocks are clogging up my early-game inventory and chests, and (b) the blocks don't seem to do anything based on the limited reviews and forum posts I've been able to read on the mod. I'm sure there must be something of value in the mod otherwise why write the darn thing, but geez... this thread is worrisome to me because I'm a 4x Ardite flux Hammer kinda guy. :)

Reactions: RealSketch

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Geostrata is good for building with different kinds of blocks, but i'm of the opinion that Chisel, Carpenter's Blocks, plus Open Block's painter, can do it just fine. The other benefit of the mod are the über powerful Potion Crystals you can make from the Geostrata Crystals... Regen III for 5 minutes anyone?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yes they are breakable, but first of all, they break extremely slow and second, I dont get the rock when I mine it (as when mining something with the wrong tool).. Now.. Being Flux tools even better than diamond, then them not being able to break even the lower tier Geostrata rocks (and in fact, get the damn rock) is a waste not only of time but of items..

And as i've said, i remember reading somewhere that the Drill couldnt break them and reika replying that it was because of IC2 api but again, I dont use IC2 so i dont know about fixed, I just thought that maybe if there was a temporary solution to the drill it may work with flux tools too.. if its fixed now, hell yeah, then it means this will get fixed (At least i hope it will).
Isnt there something about a flux upgrade for the IC2 drills in Tico? Maybe that is what is not working. And I would think this is a flaw in the TiCo tools as mentioned and not in Geostrata. The rocks break perfectly well with any vanilla pickaxes of the proper quality.

I just started Monster today but I'm already thinking about a restart to disable Geostrata because (a) all the different rocks are clogging up my early-game inventory and chests, and (b) the blocks don't seem to do anything based on the limited reviews and forum posts I've been able to read on the mod. I'm sure there must be something of value in the mod otherwise why write the darn thing, but geez... this thread is worrisome to me because I'm a 4x Ardite flux Hammer kinda guy. :)
What exactly do you expect building materials to do? You mine then, you smelt them, make bricks of them and build something out of them!

Strangely building seems to be going out of fashion in MC...

And if you are worried about your Tico hammer bugging with the rocks, you should download Gravisuite and make the Advanced Diamond Drill. It has the same 3x3 mode(among other modes) as the hammer while the drill will also mine dirt and has a ton of other cool features.

Reactions: PierceSG

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Isnt there something about a flux upgrade for the IC2 drills in Tico? Maybe that is what is not working. And I would think this is a flaw in the TiCo tools as mentioned and not in Geostrata. The rocks break perfectly well with any vanilla pickaxes of the proper quality.

What exactly do you expect building materials to do? You mine then, you smelt them, make bricks of them and build something out of them!

Strangely building seems to be going out of fashion in MC...

And if you are worried about your Tico hammer bugging with the rocks, you should download Gravisuite and make the Advanced Diamond Drill. It has the same 3x3 mode(among other modes) as the hammer while the drill will also mine dirt and has a ton of other cool features.

What the heck does the flux upgrade for IC2 have to do with what I said? Please give at least an answer that goes with the theme being discussed :/ For the third time, I dont use IC2, for the fifth time, im trying to use a flux pickaxe from redstone arsenal, for the second time, Im not using tico. And again, thats the problem here, they break with vanilla pickaxes but not moded ones that are far better than diamond. Not everything has to do with IC2 man and the solution to everything is not IC2, if we were to download a mod to fix a problem from another mod, then the whole modding community would go to waste.

I use them a lot for building and it has some crystals, that are nice if you do not turn them into lamps in which case they become the number 1 gamebreaker there is in monster :p (at least in my opinion, I just dont use them and thats all, before someone gets butthurt and starts telling me that im not one to decide whats is gamebreaker or not) and, Ardite hammers are from Tinkers Construct, it doesnt matter if you put the flux upgrade, its still Tinkers, so, someone said that tinkers works just fine or doesnt it?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What the heck does the flux upgrade for IC2 have to do with what I said? Please give at least an answer that goes with the theme being discussed :/ For the third time, I dont use IC2, for the fifth time, im trying to use a flux pickaxe from redstone arsenal, for the second time, Im not using tico. And again, thats the problem here, they break with vanilla pickaxes but not moded ones that are far better than diamond. Not everything has to do with IC2 man and the solution to everything is not IC2, if we were to download a mod to fix a problem from another mod, then the whole modding community would go to waste.

Ahh right, was getting confused with everyone else mentioning TiCo. And was answering to you mentioning the IC2 drill in the first place... so chill down a bit, not trying to sell anyone anything.

And this explains things better, cause the few TiCo tools I used so far worked just fine. So it is just Redstone Arsenal tools that you are having problems with? Have you tried and see if there are any updates for Redstone Arsenal that fixes the issue?

And if the problem is that the RA tools doesn't mimic a normal pick axe but uses some other kind of code to break stuff, then it might be damn hard to fix without messing with the source code of the mod. So I think you will be better off asking the RA guys if they could fix the problem.

Reactions: kaovalin

Albeleo

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh right, was getting confused with everyone else mentioning TiCo. And was answering to you mentioning the IC2 drill in the first place... so chill down a bit, not trying to sell anyone anything.

And this explains things better, cause the few TiCo tools I used so far worked just fine. So it is just Redstone Arsenal tools that you are having problems with? Have you tried and see if there are any updates for Redstone Arsenal that fixes the issue?

And if the problem is that the RA tools doesn't mimic a normal pick axe but uses some other kind of code to break stuff, then it might be damn hard to fix without messing with the source code of the mod. So I think you will be better off asking the RA guys if they could fix the problem.

I can confirm the TiCo tools work just fine on the Geostrata rocks. I don't use anything but TiCo picks and hammers, and they decimate Geostrata rocks without problems.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019

Haven't tried new versions, ill just mess with thermal and redstone arsenal to see if i can get this to work. Now, if it uses strange code for this then why it breaks everything else correctly? (Including other mods blocks) Its so damn weird :S

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
I can confirm the TiCo tools work just fine on the Geostrata rocks. I don't use anything but TiCo picks and hammers, and they decimate Geostrata rocks without problems.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Thank you. Somehow there was confusion in the thread, I did think "flux tools" meant TiCo so perhaps I caused some of the confusion with my response. Glad to hear TiCo tools work on the GeoStrata rock spam because TiCo is all I use, it's the best mod in any modpack IMO.

Antice

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you. Somehow there was confusion in the thread, I did think "flux tools" meant TiCo so perhaps I caused some of the confusion with my response. Glad to hear TiCo tools work on the GeoStrata rock spam because TiCo is all I use, it's the best mod in any modpack IMO.
the TiCo tools has a nice progression to them...
some things to keep in mind. stone TiCo tools cannot break all the geostrata rocks, while flint seems to be able to. dunno if this is a bug or not.
hammers can sometimes harvest ores a tier above their own material. TE silver being one of them. the silver is collateral when hammering a piece of stone next to it. this also works to speed up geostrata rock harvesting. granite for instance is slow to harvest with a flint hammer, but is harvested quickly if you hammer on a piece of cobble next to it.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I haven't seen any problems with my TiCo tools and geostrata rock types.

What I have seen is that using the MPS power fist, even with both mining upgrade and diamond pick upgrade I can't get processed geostrata stuff to drop when I break it. I was using engraved basalt for a bit of decoration and ended up losing a bunch before I noticed the lack of drops :(

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't seen any problems with my TiCo tools and geostrata rock types.

What I have seen is that using the MPS power fist, even with both mining upgrade and diamond pick upgrade I can't get processed geostrata stuff to drop when I break it. I was using engraved basalt for a bit of decoration and ended up losing a bunch before I noticed the lack of drops :(

Thats exactly what happens with redstone arsenal flux tools.. So its not only redstone arsenal, but also mps :/