AE Auto Crafting With Rotary Craft

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe make it so it can toggle between not messing with your items and auto-balancing with the click of a button, and by default it doesn't auto-balance.

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
Then I don't think auto-crafting your machines with your workbench is going to be viable unless you either implement an auto-balancing mechanic or make items that go into the workbench via pipe, itemduct, or what-have-you balance once they go in.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Then I don't think auto-crafting your machines with your workbench is going to be viable unless you either implement an auto-balancing mechanic or make items that go into the workbench via pipe, itemduct, or what-have-you balance once they go in.
Or just turn on the "crafting table can make machines" option...

NegaNote

Jul 29, 2019
Would you be willing to accept a pull request if I implemented the feature myself?

Assuming I can get your code to work in my dev environment or a custom dev environment, that is...

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Would you be willing to accept a pull request if I implemented the feature myself?

Assuming I can get your code to work in my dev environment or a custom dev environment, that is...
Last time I accepted a pull request it completely screwed up the repo and broke my ability to sync, making me spend 4 hours purging 170 commits (3 month rollback) to regain control. It is only because I had a local file backup that I did not lose 20% of RC.

So no, I do not accept pull requests, because of the above reason. That said, I do incorporate things I think are a good idea and worth their code, but I do not feel this is one such example.

Reactions: NegaNote

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
You could rename objects so they don't stack. I think you can rename a whole stack at once for the price of one object. MFR might even be an option to fully automate it if the auto-anvil renames.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
You could rename objects so they don't stack. I think you can rename a whole stack at once for the price of one object. MFR might even be an option to fully automate it if the auto-anvil renames.

Or just turn on the "crafting table can make machines" option...

doing what reika suggests above makes it a non issue.

if RC machines are craftable by crafting tables, then your MAC should handle it without a problem. maybe.

midi_sec

Jul 29, 2019
i think a better question is "what is the point of an option to disable the worktable?"

the answer would be something like "for situations like this"

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
if such option exists, may i ask what is the point of a worktable?
The worktable is there for other reasons; I added the "crafting the machines" functionality to make it more useful.
The option is there because people refused to stop complaining about having to use two tables (automation was not involved).

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
Since this kind of issue can affect tons of mods out there, It might be simpler for the AE guys to implement an "advanced crafting pattern" or something similar.

The advanced pattern is right clicked on a machine, which would "imprint" the machine's GUI onto it.
Put the advanced pattern into the encoder and the imprinted GUI shows up.
The player can place the items in the slots they go into (maybe with a switch to set the slots as either an input or output or both).
Then the pattern is encoded and placed in an interface telling AE where to place each item when it's crafted.

Reactions: CreepaCatcha

EyeDeck

Apr 16, 2013
Those reasons being... ?
The workbench allows you to make Rotarycraft-specific versions of recipes that may have been overwritten by other mods. For example, with RailCraft installed putting 9 HSLA steel in a standard crafting grid will make a Railcraft steel block, but 9 HSLA steel in a worktable will make a Rotarycraft steel block. Same works with steel armor and tools, though I'm not sure exactly how useful that ability is except maybe to scan them with your Thaumometer.

kilteroff

Jul 29, 2019
Funny thing is I've done it myself, to get hsla tools / armor instead of railcraft steel. Herpin memory..

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
The workbench allows you to make Rotarycraft-specific versions of recipes that may have been overwritten by other mods. For example, with RailCraft installed putting 9 HSLA steel in a standard crafting grid will make a Railcraft steel block, but 9 HSLA steel in a worktable will make a Rotarycraft steel block. Same works with steel armor and tools, though I'm not sure exactly how useful that ability is except maybe to scan them with your Thaumometer.
That is a side benefit, as well as the fact it completely neutralizes Minetweaker on RC.

DriftinFool

Jul 29, 2019
The worktable is there for other reasons; I added the "crafting the machines" functionality to make it more useful.
The option is there because people refused to stop complaining about having to use two tables (automation was not involved).
Personally, I would have been crafting with multiple tables anyway using TiCo tables or any of the many other crafting tables that keep their inventory. Having a few preset with the most common things like gears saves time before you can get to autocrafting. I also like that your worktable being different than normal crafting allows recipe conflicts to be easily avoided in these huge modpacks. Seems people will whine no matter what you do. You can please some of the people all the time....You are smart. You know the rest. :D

belgabor

Jul 29, 2019
A really nice feature would be if the workbench either had an inventory (like the RP2 project table) or interacted with chests like the TiCo crafting table. You could then use a semi-automatic approach, ie have AE "autocraft" into this inventory and then do the actual crafting yourself. I'm already half doing that with a chest next to the workbench, but having the items available directly in the workbench would save me from having to clean up my inventory ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.