cursed earth mob trap

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

mrdeano

Jul 29, 2019
2014-03-06_20.00.32.jpg 2014-03-06_20.00.41.jpg hi have made a mob trap with cursed earth and i am finding it not very efficient but when i have one b4 from youtube video it was working ok so i just made it bigger how can i make it faster?

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Well one thing is those pics don't really tell us much other then you have a large tank and a big box. Looks like your grinders are connected to enderchests but we do not actually know what your set up looks like.

Another thing and I am just guessing here because I can not see anything about your setup. But I am guessing you just have 5x5 areas of earth being cleared by the grinders. This is the slowest way to do this. As mobs need to be cleared to give room for new ones to spawn. Pulling/pushing the mobs off the earth to be grind can speed things up. So can multiple levels of earth pushing/pulling the mobs into a space to be ground up can also speed things up. and of course using multiple grinders for the area can also speed things up.

It really depends on what your trying to do and how much your willing to build.

Reactions: CreepaCatcha

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
so how am i ment to get the mobs moved to make more space

Depends on what you got. Pistons, Fans, Corporeal attractors, and I'm sure there are a few other modded ways to move mods that work with cursed earth.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Always have your mobs dropped 12-16 ( forgot optimal range) away from the area where they spawn. It speeds up the spawn rate because it puts the mob out of the check area for the spawning entity.
If you have fans from OpenBlocks they are easy mob movers.

My next mob farm I am gonna try will rely on Magnum Torches from ExtraUtilities. Can anyone guess how that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Always have your mobs dropped 12-16 ( forgot optimal range) away from the area where they spawn. It speeds up the spawn rate because it puts the mob out of the check area for the spawning entity.
If you have fans from OpenBlocks they are easy mob movers.

My next mob farm I am gonna try will rely on Magnum Torches from ExtraUtilities. Can anyone guess how that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perimeter around a set area where no other mobs are able to spawn, quarry to bedrock, build super-efficient mobfarm because nothing else can spawn anywhere but in the mobfarm. Also use cursed earth to increase spawn rates.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Perimeter around a set area where no other mobs are able to spawn, quarry to bedrock, build super-efficient mobfarm because nothing else can spawn anywhere but in the mobfarm. Also use cursed earth to increase spawn rates.

OR

Just go up 128 blocks form the surface of your area. No quarry needed, No special torches need, and all you need is space. (best done over flat areas like plains or oceans). Super-efficient is actually not that hard to do if you know your spawning rules.

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Absolutely correct on all counts. But if you want a max size (Y1 to Y254) mob farm, you have to either light the caves around the 128 blocks the spawns happen, or use Magnum Torches like the OP suggested. Of course, none of that is needed if you just start your mobfarm at 128+YLevel of surrounding area and drop them from there, slowing them with vines + water so they don't take fall damage (or take just enough to be 1-hit kills), and you're golden. Most mobfarms are extremely overkill.