Atomic science electric turbines nerfed?

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
Hi there did the turbines get nerfed? they used to be called reactor turbines but now there electric turbines? people on my friends server we cant figure out how to make these things to work. hooking them up to steam makes it barely steam and even the same on the fusion reactor.

going into single player testing the only way to make it barely spin is using a creative tank with steam in it

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Are you sure you're talking about Mekanism? I just launched my test world to see if I missed something, and on the latest version the only turbine I can find is the Wind Turbine.

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure you're talking about Mekanism? I just launched my test world to see if I missed something, and on the latest version the only turbine I can find is the Wind Turbine.
sorry ya your right..long work day mix mod names XD

Reactions: Padfoote

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
ok people the name been change already can we move on and help with the issue thats being asked[DOUBLEPOST=1394221985][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you mean Atomic Science?
the name was changed 2 hours prior to this post, but thanks for the help

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
ok people the name been change already can we move on and help with the issue thats being asked[DOUBLEPOST=1394221985][/DOUBLEPOST]
the name was changed 2 hours prior to this post, but thanks for the help
I wouldn't have made that statement had the change gone through on my end.

So anyways, are you using steam funnels above the reactor before placing the turbines? This tutorial does a good job explaining the setup

It was made on 1.5 but is fairly accurate still. Especially concerning steam funnels.

Last edited:

Algester

Jul 29, 2019
for the turbines its best to use steam funnels as you get more out of your fusion reactor that way

Blue

Jul 29, 2019
we tested with steam funnels they do no differences

putting the "electric turbine" over a fusion reactor and pumped steam from a railcraft boiler into the turbine but it doesn't work any more

theres no info to be found to why the "reactor turbines" been name changed to "electric Turbine"

on the site wiki for the atomic science its still called reactor turbine

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
IIRC the newer versions of Atomic Science have been having some issues while the mod is going through some changes, so this could just be another side effect of that process.

Reactions: RedBoss

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
IIRC the newer versions of Atomic Science have been having some issues while the mod is going through some changes, so this could just be another side effect of that process.
Atsci is being merged into resonant induction

Reactions: Padfoote

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
So instead of patiently waiting for a stable update of Atomic Science I should be patiently waiting for a stable release of Resonant Induction? The mechanical age tier in RI looks like just what I had hoped for but didn't get when I first read about Rotarycraft. This may not be ready to add to my current world in 1.6.4, but it will definitely be something I'll be looking for when the packs update to 1.7.