Unable to log into multiplayer server - falling through void.

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
Hi, all. I've an odd problem and am hoping that someone out there has heard of it before and is able to assist.

I downloaded the monster pack (1.09 with BoP enabled and denlib updated to 3.2.6) and joined a new server this morning. Everything was fine for a couple hours, but then I was disconnected and now whenever I try and log in, the client sits at "Logging in" for a while, then I either get an End of Stream error, or the client successfully logs in but the world doesn't load around me and I fall from layer 64 to layer -12000+ before being disconnected with an end-of-stream error. Occasionally, some chunks show up on the minimap as though the world was loading but incredibly slowly and then I get a Time Out error.

I've spoken to the admin and no changes were made to the server. Rebooted everything, flushed the DNS and such, but nothing seems to help. The admin deleted my player data and restarted the server too.

Grunguk

Jul 29, 2019
To add to the above; I'm the only player on the server affected and when I try to connect to other open servers running the same modpack I'm also just getting End of Stream errors, so it's definitely something on my end.