Unsupported Direwolf 20: 1.6.4 {PUBLIC BETA}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipstar81

Jul 29, 2019
According to the devs, you need to select which side of the machine is supposed to accept liquids.

Can confirm. Works like the vacuum hopper. Have to rotate the block and tell it what side it needs to accept liquid on. The side of the block turns red.

Thanks,

Varguiniano14

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.14 and previous versions
Mod & Version: IC2
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/8qfdYeu3
Whats the bug? It seemed to crash due to an induction furnance but when I deleted the induction furnance with MCedit I realised that it keeps saying the same message with all the IC2 machines in the world.
Can it be repeated? Always
Known Fix: Deleting all the IC2 machines.

FuturamaPhill

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.12 1.6.4
Mod & Version: Dont know
Pastebin:
Whats the bug? Weird no texture bug, every world i create does this
2014-02-06_17.00.09.png

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Mod Pack: Direwolf20 1.0.14 and previous versions
Mod & Version: IC2
Pastebin link to crash log: http://pastebin.com/8qfdYeu3
Whats the bug? It seemed to crash due to an induction furnance but when I deleted the induction furnance with MCedit I realised that it keeps saying the same message with all the IC2 machines in the world.
Can it be repeated? Always
Known Fix: Deleting all the IC2 machines.

You didn't change the configs from the default ones right?[DOUBLEPOST=1391708924][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pastebin:
View attachment 9581
Pastebin:
View attachment 9581

I cannot replicate and have no idea what would cause that.

FuturamaPhill

Jul 29, 2019
You didn't change the configs from the default ones right?[DOUBLEPOST=1391708924][/DOUBLEPOST]

I cannot replicate and have no idea what would cause that.
Well that doesnt sound good :/ ive tried re installing DW20 but didnt help, is there anything you can do/ any information i can provide that could help you atleast get an idea what has went wrong

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Well that doesnt sound good :/ ive tried re installing DW20 but didnt help, is there anything you can do/ any information i can provide that could help you atleast get an idea what has went wrong

Without some sort of error log and not being able to make it occur myself, I really can't do anything other than throw darts at a wall with mod names on it.

FuturamaPhill

Jul 29, 2019
Without some sort of error log and not being able to make it occur myself, I really can't do anything other than throw darts at a wall with mod names on it.
Ok well thanks for the fast replies, guess im not playing ftb for a while :/[DOUBLEPOST=1391710842][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually could i export my world to another mod without causing any issues, i know this is a longshot

Jackoffripper

Jul 29, 2019
Pack: Direwolf20 1.6.4
Mod: Forestry

There seems to be a world corrupting bug within the mods themselves. Hooking a Squeezer up to a Fermenter to feed it liquid honey and turn honeydew into short mead and feeding it into a resonant tank, the game will crash and the world seems to be no longer accessible. It simply crashes, shuts down and gives no error log.

I've tried the set up with the other type of tanks and it does the same exact thing. Crashes, shuts down and gives no error report while making the world no longer playable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
Ok well thanks for the fast replies, guess im not playing ftb for a while :/[DOUBLEPOST=1391710842][/DOUBLEPOST]
Actually could i export my world to another mod without causing any issues, i know this is a longshot

You could. The universal configs will make it so the id's stay the same. But some mods may be missing.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
any news on my crash bug that deleted my world?

I have been trying to duplicate it unsuccessfully. Bugs that can't be duplicated are generally called "gremlins" and I keep them notated in the hopes that if it occurs again I will have more information to help track it down and get it fixed.

A Concurrent Modification exception means that a mod is trying to read a list of data that is being modified as it is being read. It can mean 1 mod with a single line of code that is odd, or 2+ mods accessing and modifying the same information in the wrong order, or it can mean something is making the mods operate out of sync.

Imagine you are typing a paper on your computer. And you are sharing control with someone else and they start inserting sentences into the paper at different spots. Meanwhile a third person is trying to read the paper while the 2 of you are writing/editing it. That at a basic level is what is occurring when a Concurrent Modification Exception occurs. 70% of the time its a cross mod issue. The problem is it is very hard to track down what mods are interacting. You say you were placing a cover at that time, but thats not the only thing that was occuring in your world at that time. And duplicating the actions you described did not cause a co mod error in any test. Which means its something else that was occuring at the same time you were doing that, we just don't know what it was.

Frustrating as it is I can't get a fix if I can't narrow it down from 100 mods to at most 2-3 mods. Otherwise I am just going... "um mod devs there's a bug in one of the mods in DW20 pack... nope not a clue which mod or why but one of your mods has a bug"

I'm sorry. Large packs often have gremlins. Thats why if I can't duplicate it sometimes a bug report doesn't get a response. Because I am still tracking the situation in the hopes of figuring it out.

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to duplicate it unsuccessfully. Bugs that can't be duplicated are generally called "gremlins" and I keep them notated in the hopes that if it occurs again I will have more information to help track it down and get it fixed.

A Concurrent Modification exception means that a mod is trying to read a list of data that is being modified as it is being read. It can mean 1 mod with a single line of code that is odd, or 2+ mods accessing and modifying the same information in the wrong order, or it can mean something is making the mods operate out of sync.

Imagine you are typing a paper on your computer. And you are sharing control with someone else and they start inserting sentences into the paper at different spots. Meanwhile a third person is trying to read the paper while the 2 of you are writing/editing it. That at a basic level is what is occurring when a Concurrent Modification Exception occurs. 70% of the time its a cross mod issue. The problem is it is very hard to track down what mods are interacting. You say you were placing a cover at that time, but thats not the only thing that was occuring in your world at that time. And duplicating the actions you described did not cause a co mod error in any test. Which means its something else that was occuring at the same time you were doing that, we just don't know what it was.

Frustrating as it is I can't get a fix if I can't narrow it down from 100 mods to at most 2-3 mods. Otherwise I am just going... "um mod devs there's a bug in one of the mods in DW20 pack... nope not a clue which mod or why but one of your mods has a bug"

I'm sorry. Large packs often have gremlins. Thats why if I can't duplicate it sometimes a bug report doesn't get a response. Because I am still tracking the situation in the hopes of figuring it out.
Thanks for trying anyway :)

Electro44

Jul 29, 2019
Are you sure it's not just the texture pack? You're using sphax by the looks of the particles and font, so are you sure you haven't just installed something wrong, or downloaded a bugged sphax or something?

ibanezrg134

Jul 29, 2019
Hello can someone please help me with this odd Direwolf20 bug on version 1.0.12. I crashed when I was traveling from the underdark to the overworld. No crash report. Now when I open up the launcher my save is no longer listed although the files are all still there. This is what shows us in console only after I go into the singleplayer button.
http://pastebin.com/1xUnPtKH scroll to the bottom
Any help would be appreciated!

fainfox

Jul 29, 2019
NOW FIXED - Please ignore this. I had to manually force a re-load of the client specificing 1.0.13 and it appears to have connected okay this time.

How do you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.