Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Can you send me one of those? Looks yummy!

At least you don't imagine me sitting here with a pork bowtie...
Just visit Seattle some time and go down to the Pike's Place Market area. There's a crapton of eateries there, just look for the place that looks like
2012RAPS_HomBow_0312.jpg

Thank God I'm eating lunch right now or I'd be seriously hungry staring at these.

Oh, and derail over. Sorry for wandering off topic.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Bah, pikes place is always full of tourists whenever I make it down there (although that's usually when family is in town and we are playing tourist).

Anyway: Is there a mod that makes iron golems mad at you? I have been having trouble recently with them attacking me in the village I took over. It's gated, lit, and more recently magnum torched. I haven't killed any villagers in quite a while (that's what you get for running into the zombie hoards) Have they just not forgotten or what? And these are fairly new golems as I've had to clear them out more than once.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Bah, pikes place is always full of tourists whenever I make it down there (although that's usually when family is in town and we are playing tourist).

Anyway: Is there a mod that makes iron golems mad at you? I have been having trouble recently with them attacking me in the village I took over. It's gated, lit, and more recently magnum torched. I haven't killed any villagers in quite a while (that's what you get for running into the zombie hoards) Have they just not forgotten or what? And these are fairly new golems as I've had to clear them out more than once.

They don't just forget sometimes. You have to trade with the villagers a bit and you'll go back into the +rep with them.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Question about Tinkers Construct.

I've made my tools, especially a hammer, sword and pickaxe, but I'd like to modify them. Yeah, I know I can add a heap of features and stuff to them, but I'd like to remove some of the stuff that I have on there. My pickaxe has a moss ball, because at the time it was the cheapest and easiest way to make it "unlimited", the sword and hammer have a flux capacitor on them. I'd like to remove the moss ball and the flux capacitors and replace them all with the top tier ones.

Is this possible in any way shape or form? or do I need to create the tools again from scratch?

Another one in relating to Magnum Torches, I have one out the front of my base (trying to cover as much of my general area as possible), there's also an Obsidian Totem with a sinister node in it. Last night when I was playing it still spawned some furious zombies, is this deliberate? bug? or something else?

FloppyDingo

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain the root difference between the packs for me? Horizons, Direwolf 20, and Monster all look fairly similar but the mod lists are so big that it's hard to tell what modpack you might want to play...

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone explain the root difference between the packs for me? Horizons, Direwolf 20, and Monster all look fairly similar but the mod lists are so big that it's hard to tell what modpack you might want to play...
Horizons is a "mod showcase" pack, with many previously-unused mods and mods that have had major revamps between versions being used along with a few core mods.

Monster is Slowpoke's "flagship" pack that he intends to use in his Feed the Beast map.

Direwolf20 isn't a FTB pack per-se, it's a 3rd party pack that Direwolf20 outlined and that the FTB team assembled and maintain for him.

Reactions: Padfoote

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
May I just say this? I was kind of looking for a general discussion thread, but there is none, so I might as well post it here. @Padfoote is seriously one of the best people here. I have barely gone five posts without seeing him liking a post. Spreading the love is always a good idea. :D

Reactions: Padfoote

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Is there a way to spawn items in with a particular ID and metadata?
I'm trying to experiment around with the hive densities, but Magic Bees lumps all of its hives under one ID, and not all of them are shown in NEI.

EDIT: Using the digital miner to dig up the hives in the world

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Is there a way to spawn items in with a particular ID and metadata?
I'm trying to experiment around with the hive densities, but Magic Bees lumps all of its hives under one ID, and not all of them are shown in NEI.

EDIT: Using the digital miner to dig up the hives in the world
give <playername> <item> [amount] [metadata] [dataTag]
according to a wiki

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Ahh thank you!
I was trying give <playername> <item:Metadata>
also, NEI is a bit weird with binnie's stuff, it randomly appears for me if I wait around a bit (like I search for princess and it will give me the basic harvestable princesses, I wait a bit and then bam - all the princesses)

BobertThe3rd

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a Mystcraft question. First off I am running Direwolf20 1.6.4 version 1.0.12 so I have Mystcraft 0.10.11. I am trying to create an age that appears to be in perpetual twilight, but not with a million mobs spawning. So something with a setting sun, rising moon, and dim appearing lighting. From the notes on the wiki, Dark Lighting should not actually effect the brightness level with respect to mobs, however, when I tried it with a Zero Length, Zenith Normal Sun, there were mobs all over and none of them were burning, is the wiki wrong? Then the next problem, I decided I should set a dark sun at zenith along with my setting sun, because setting sun light isn't bright enough to burn mobs apparently, according to the wiki the dark sun generates light, but isn't visible, again I ended up with mobs spawning all over and not burning, even with normal lighting, however, in this case I have no clue as to if the dark sun even made it into the age (since this version of Mystcraft seems to enjoy ignoring various symbols on a whim and by definition I can't see an invisible sun :p), is this also a lie on the wiki page? What should I do to mimic a twilight world without all the monster spawns? On a related note, will updating to the next version of Mystcraft break any existing items/ages? I noticed he changed the writing desk, so is that going to have a negative effect?

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
So I have a fermenter setup with saplings being piped in with Itemducts and water being piped in with fluiducts and the biomass being put out into an iron tank... it was pumping biomass out but now it's not working and I don't know why. Can anyone help me?

Also as a side note I seem to have trouble opening Pneumatic pipes after I place them in a pipe.

Edit: Nvm figured out the pneumatic pipe thing, has to do with morph in the DW20 pack. Still having the issue with fermenters though.

Last edited:

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
"Now it's not working" is not nearly enough information for anyone to troubleshoot your issue.

Check that your fermenter has water in its internal tank, saplings in its internal storage, mulch/fertilizer/compost in its internal storage, and is in fact receiving power.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry lol. assumed someone would know what could be wrong if everything is working correctly. I got it working after replacing ALL THE PIPES. May have placed a pipe wrong and got water in them.

Edit: However my system is not piping saplings into the machines now... these seem to be more trouble than they're worth...

Here is my setup:[File removed]

Last edited:

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
How do the thaumcraft alembics/alchemical furnace distribute the essentia? They seem to be very random, and I have to juggle the jars around all the time to catch all.