Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
I've searched the forums to no avail really for this, does anyone know what level Tinker's Construct Aluminum Ore spawns on? Or is it even a definitive level? I have planted some aluminum oreberries but they grow far too slow for my liking.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I've searched the forums to no avail really for this, does anyone know what level Tinker's Construct Aluminum Ore spawns on? Or is it even a definitive level? I have planted some aluminum oreberries but they grow far too slow for my liking.
I've found them at all levels. They should be decently common, just go mining for diamonds or mining in general and you should find them. Or if you're advanced, a quarry and you will have tons of aluminum.

Beechlgz

Jul 29, 2019
In Magic Farm 2, sapling growth delay can be edited in the Hunger Overhaul config file, and is set at 2 by default. However changing this value doesn't appear to have any effect in-game. I've tried setting it at a range of values between 0.1 and 1000, but saplings grow at their usual very fast pace. I'm looking to slow them down considerably.

Does anyone know why this won't work and if there's a way to get it to work?

count_zero99uk

Jul 29, 2019
Which mod had a device in it to pour liquid back into the world? I remember having a set up of liquid being pumped from one pool to another but I cant think what mod it was.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Which mod had a device in it to pour liquid back into the world? I remember having a set up of liquid being pumped from one pool to another but I cant think what mod it was.
Flood gates from... BC is it? Also think Rotary craft had something if I am not mistaken.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
Are Industrial steam engines able to output power to anything but buildcraft pipes? I tried leadstone and redstone energy conduits and the engines wouldn't face or output power to either of them.
Its kindof a pain to have to use gold pipes for power again. I haven't used them for ages.

BTW this is the DW20 pack.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Are Industrial steam engines able to output power to anything but buildcraft pipes? I tried leadstone and redstone energy conduits and the engines wouldn't face or output power to either of them.
Its kindof a pain to have to use gold pipes for power again. I haven't used them for ages.

BTW this is the DW20 pack.
Steam Engines can only output to Pipes. Use the Steam Dynamo to output to Energy Conduits.

Reactions: BeastFeeder

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I don't see the option to disable the TE ingots in the TE config, am I missing it or is it somewhere else?

The reason I want to do it is because I also use a TC Smeltery and I'm getting a mix of IC2/TE/TC ingots and it's a little annoying, and I would prefer not to use an MFR unifier if possible. Having the TE furnace output TC ingots would solve all my problems.

One other thing you could try; Jabba barrels will convert everything to a common type. It'd mean an extra step, but you could pump ingots into the barrel, then out again and that'd make them all unified. (make sure to lock the barrel so that even if it empties, it retains the item ID of the object).

Reactions: Museli

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the reply, I don't see the option to disable the TE ingots in the TE config, am I missing it or is it somewhere else?

The reason I want to do it is because I also use a TC Smeltery and I'm getting a mix of IC2/TE/TC ingots and it's a little annoying, and I would prefer not to use an MFR unifier if possible. Having the TE furnace output TC ingots would solve all my problems.

There's jabba which requires one barrel per metal. Or if you have mariculture, that has a block much like the unifier (think it has dictionary somewhere in its name) which you can set the output of so you could just feed your furnace output through that and pump out your preferred ingot type.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
I have no clue what number you want to set it to, perhaps actually try playing around with it a bit? Also consider that fibrous taint spreading is a block update, so that will also lead to a spread chance. It's set to 1000 by default, so perhaps try 2000, 2500, 3000, etc until you get the spread you want.

And I've never had any trouble getting ethereal blooms to do their biome cleansing business; are you sure it isn't just a graphical bug with Rei's Minimap? I predominantly use Opis/Mapwriter.
oh they clean it, the map just doesn't update.
ill try swapping to mapwriter.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of maps, I'm guessing Rei's is the most efficient in terms of memory and FPS? I've heard that Opis / Mapwriter eats up memory like nobody's business, while Zan's / Voxel's is the most laggy. Am I correct?

Splash

Jul 29, 2019
hi guys. im playing with the dw20 modpack and i started to diving in nuclear energy production. there are evereywhere heating cells for keeping the breeder reactors temperature fix, but i cant get any. its not in the NEI, of course neither of the recipes works. i just want to know what is this heating cell stuff. is it something from the past? without that how can i make efficient breeder?

(ic2 nuclear control)

Last edited:

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard that the reason why quarry holes cause lag, is because more blocks have to be rendered due to the sides of the quarry. That got me thinking... given flat bedrock and sufficient time, wouldn't you reach a point where the quarry is big enough to reduce lag again? Several chunks would consist of a single layer of a single block type (Bedrock), whereon no mobs can spawn, light calculations are as easy as on Superflat (because the hole is open to the sky), and there would be no caves or mineshafts (or f***ing XYCraft crystals!) to render. Eventually, the sheer size of the hole would outweigh the extra blocks rendered for the sides of the quarry.

Now, the question is... at which size could I expect lag to go down again? I'm prepared to level the entire Meadows biome I've built my base on (or, to be precise, floating above). If I find a good way to drain an ocean (help, anyone?) I'll level that too. At the moment, a hole approximately 120 by 100 blocks, the lag isn't too bad, but I consider lowering the graphics settings to keep things smooth. Is there a hope for my FPS, if I keep digging for long enough?

Racemol

Jul 29, 2019
On the topic of maps, I'm guessing Rei's is the most efficient in terms of memory and FPS? I've heard that Opis / Mapwriter eats up memory like nobody's business, while Zan's / Voxel's is the most laggy. Am I correct?
I can only talk about my own experiences.. But the mapwriter/opis mod makes my client lag. When I swtiched back to voxelmap, the client lag was gone completely. That's in de DW20 1.6.4 pack.

Reactions: MoosyDoosy

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I've heard that the reason why quarry holes cause lag, is because more blocks have to be rendered due to the sides of the quarry. That got me thinking... given flat bedrock and sufficient time, wouldn't you reach a point where the quarry is big enough to reduce lag again? Several chunks would consist of a single layer of a single block type (Bedrock), whereon no mobs can spawn, light calculations are as easy as on Superflat (because the hole is open to the sky), and there would be no caves or mineshafts (or f***ing XYCraft crystals!) to render. Eventually, the sheer size of the hole would outweigh the extra blocks rendered for the sides of the quarry.

Now, the question is... at which size could I expect lag to go down again? I'm prepared to level the entire Meadows biome I've built my base on (or, to be precise, floating above). If I find a good way to drain an ocean (help, anyone?) I'll level that too. At the moment, a hole approximately 120 by 100 blocks, the lag isn't too bad, but I consider lowering the graphics settings to keep things smooth. Is there a hope for my FPS, if I keep digging for long enough?
I set a quarry in the ocean, so that the water automatically converts any lava to obsidian so that the quarry can continue its mining job. Otherwise, I believe it would either try to break lava blocks constantly or just gets confused in the liquid. All I know is that its necessary to have water to turn lava to obsidian.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I know it's possible to just quarry the ocean, and I've employed the water trick several times myself. But the thing is that the hydrodynamical calculations put a strain on the computer, so I'd prefer to be able to empty the hole after the digging is done. With dry-land quarrying, all you need is to remove that single bucket of water in the corner and let it all drain away, but there can be thousands of water source blocks in an ocean, so it's not that simple.

I consider using a setup involving a Filler and loads and loads of Gravel to fill in a chunk of the ocean before digging it all out later. If done right, it would leave the pit entirely dry afterwards.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
hi guys. im playing with the dw20 modpack and i started to diving in nuclear energy production. there are evereywhere heating cells for keeping the breeder reactors temperature fix, but i cant get any. its not in the NEI, of course neither of the recipes works. i just want to know what is this heating cell stuff. is it something from the past? without that how can i make efficient breeder?

(ic2 nuclear control)

I don't believe that Breeder reactors are possible with the new IC2 but you can check the IC2 forum here to see if there are any ideas there.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

(ic2 nuclear control)
There are no breeder reactors anymore. You can instead process spent fuel in the thermal centrifuge to get plutonium and use that to create a new fuel MOX. (or turn it into RTG pellets) MOX is basically a regular uranium rod that produces more power the hotter the reactor is. RTG pellets go in a block called the radioisotope thermoelectric generator to produce 1-16 eu/t depending on how many pellets are in it. I would also suggest the IC2 forums for reactor designs and more info on the changes.

Splash

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks hiroshi42 and John.E :D that was the only one resource i havent checked... but im on track now. :) once again, thanks for your help.