Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
So dumb question. If I were to go to say a mistcraft age and set up a quarry, and plop down a chunk loader and go back to the main world. Will said chunks stay loaded in SSP, or do I -have- to run a local server for it to stay loaded? Or can I just say 'open to lan' and have it work that way? I'd really like to know as my system seems to out right hate running a server and letting me play at the same time.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So dumb question. If I were to go to say a mistcraft age and set up a quarry, and plop down a chunk loader and go back to the main world. Will said chunks stay loaded in SSP, or do I -have- to run a local server for it to stay loaded? Or can I just say 'open to lan' and have it work that way? I'd really like to know as my system seems to out right hate running a server and letting me play at the same time.

The chunk loader will be enough for the quarry to keep running, all while being in SSP still.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
The chunk loader will be enough for the quarry to keep running, all while being in SSP still.
So you no longer have to run a server for chunks to stay loaded cross dimension? So I can say pump lava from the nether while being in the over world and send it through ender tanks? If so I'ma squee. I hated having to run a server to allow cross realm operations.

My system can handle the many chunks/worlds staying loaded, it HATED running a server and the game for some freaking reason.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need the chunk loader; Quarries will load the chunks for you.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
You don't need the chunk loader; Quarries will load the chunks for you.
The chunks they are using, not chunks that are outside their range. If I placed one down at the edge of a chunk, only that chunk and maybe the one next to it will be loaded, the chunk behind it will not be, if I had any chests or such, said chunks wont be loaded and cause a big mess. (I should know, I made that mistake before and lost nearly a whole hallow hills worth of ore)

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Another question, to disable wasp spawning in the nether do I just remove the mob ID from the configs or how do I disable it? I cannot play with wasps in the nether.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
So you no longer have to run a server for chunks to stay loaded cross dimension? So I can say pump lava from the nether while being in the over world and send it through ender tanks? If so I'ma squee. I hated having to run a server to allow cross realm operations.

My system can handle the many chunks/worlds staying loaded, it HATED running a server and the game for some freaking reason.

Yep. Throw a chunk loader down and you're good to go. No need to host a server for that.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Isn't there a spot in the IC2 configs for adding blocks the scanner will recognize? I remember futzing with it once upon a time; it even lets you put in the relative weight of each added block.

I just examined all of the configs for IC2. There isn't a list for items that can bee scanned and converted to crystal memory. So I'm still looking for a way to convert a few of the ore blocks I have to the IC2 variants. Unifier isn't because it won't cycle through the ores. I just picks one then sticks with it.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
I just examined all of the configs for IC2. There isn't a list for items that can bee scanned and converted to crystal memory. So I'm still looking for a way to convert a few of the ore blocks I have to the IC2 variants. Unifier isn't because it won't cycle through the ores. I just picks one then sticks with it.
Ah, that's why, I misunderstood what you were trying to do. You're dealing with the new UU system. I was thinking of the IC2 mining thingamombober. My mistake.

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
An annoying issue: DW20 1.6 v11 pack - I got a few Ender-Lilys from Extra Utilities after raiding some dungeons, I planetd them on dirt in the corner of my wheat farm knowing they will take ages to grow, but hoped the openblocks sprinkler would aid in that. I planetd them and went about my way, the farm is chunk loaded so I could do stuff elsewhere and have my stuff still grow.

Well I came back the following MC day to harvest the farm (it's not automated yet) and found every one of the ender lilys had poped up from the ground! One was still floating there as an item, the rest I assume despawned.

Why did they uproot themselvs?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
not sure why it would've uprooted but the sprinkler probably killed the rest. Bone meal kills enderlillys and pretty sure the OB Sprinkler counts as a bonemeal effect. at least thats what i remember from my testing. it very well couldve changed

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
The chunks they are using, not chunks that are outside their range. If I placed one down at the edge of a chunk, only that chunk and maybe the one next to it will be loaded, the chunk behind it will not be, if I had any chests or such, said chunks wont be loaded and cause a big mess. (I should know, I made that mistake before and lost nearly a whole hallow hills worth of ore)

F9 is your friend. Press it (twice, to get the menu away) and the chunk borders will be visible. Then make sure all Quarry equipment is within the relevant chunk, and you won't need any chunk loaders. It's a very useful feature. You'll have to press F9 a few more times to get the chunk borders AND the menu away, though.

Reactions: Museli

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Hi,

I am trying to make a minium stone on a crafting table but it does not work. I put an inert stone in the center and minium shards everywhere around it but it won't give me a minium stone and I don't understand why. I am playing on my own Unleashed server.
I noticed that the item id of my minium shards is 27000:7 and not 27000 which seemed weird and I wonder if this is the problem?

thanks for any help!
I'd say check NEI, and if your recipe looks right but doesn't work, throw your inert stone and minium shards into lava and spawn in a minium stone.

Do note that Pahimar might've added a souple different versions of minium shards behind my back... Check the EE3 thread on the Minecraft Forum, and if what you're experiencing is intended, you're out of luck.

It's been all squee like that since MC 1.3, I think.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
Greg is GERMAN?!? Now I can even insult him in mah native language :D

if Greg wasn't so whiny and just let some mods adjust his in mod-packs it would be all good, I really loved gregtech back in 1.4 and wish it was still stable and compatible as back then.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL

If you have access to NEI Cheat mode then you should be able to temporarily grab the ic2 version of the ore block and toss that in the Unifier.