Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Shakie666

Jul 29, 2019
How do I add metallurgy to the monster pack? I know its simple seeing as its already in Horizons, but I can never remember how to do it.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Don't ever use lava since it will overheat. And cooling fins isn't going to work well for the steam engine since it will keep the engine below 100 degree Celsius so the steam engine will not run at all.

Just FYI, but I have gotten steam engines to work with Lava and cooling fins so something may have changed since you last tried this.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
2 questions:
- If a mod on a server gets disabled and I don't join the server until it's enabled again (and there's no chunkloader in my base), is the stuff from the mod still there or does it automatically delete all the items in already created chunks?
- Same scenario but: If I join the server, play a little bit (but don't put anything where the items used to be), is everything there again as soon as the mod is enabled?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
2 questions:
- If a mod on a server gets disabled and I don't join the server until it's enabled again (and there's no chunkloader in my base), is the stuff from the mod still there or does it automatically delete all the items in already created chunks?
- Same scenario but: If I join the server, play a little bit (but don't put anything where the items used to be), is everything there again as soon as the mod is enabled?
If the server is up and running and a mod was disabled, all blocks/items from said disabled mod are gone. Period. End of story. As far as the server can tell, they never existed. Whether the chunk is loaded or not makes no difference.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
2 questions:
If the server is up and running and a mod was disabled, all blocks/items from said disabled mod are gone. Period. End of story. As far as the server can tell, they never existed. Whether the chunk is loaded or not makes no difference.
Incorrect. The chunk is unloaded, so all blocks and entities in it maintain their dv and metadata. If the mod is enabled again, and the server is restarted, and then the chunk is finally loaded, those blocks and entities will appear as before.
I know this because I have experience with it a few times.

Reactions: nefentari

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Incorrect. The chunk is unloaded, so all blocks and entities in it maintain their dv and metadata. If the mod is enabled again, and the server is restarted, and then the chunk is finally loaded, those blocks and entities will appear as before.
I know this because I have experience with it a few times.
Thanks for clearing things up. I'll wait til the next update then.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
i would like to enable taint spread for my worlds.
its per block update, so what would be a moderate-slow setting, that would keep the taint from overwhelming stuff before I got the research to deal with it, but still spread and encourage dealing with it?

basically if I end up afking/playing for an hour, I don't want it spreading more than 5 or so blocks.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm looking for a replacement for the forge lexicon. I need to get the IC2 variant of ore blocks. However, the unifier from MFR doesn't cycle through them like the forge lexicon did. Is there any other mod that provides this functionality? I'm playing DW20 1.6.4.

Basically I'm trying to use the IC2 scanner to scan ore blocks. I've read that it is supposed to do ore blocks. However, it isn't working and I'm suspecting that its because the ore block isn't IC2s version.

Kahless61

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a replacement for the forge lexicon. I need to get the IC2 variant of ore blocks. However, the unifier from MFR doesn't cycle through them like the forge lexicon did. Is there any other mod that provides this functionality? I'm playing DW20 1.6.4.

Basically I'm trying to use the IC2 scanner to scan ore blocks. I've read that it is supposed to do ore blocks. However, it isn't working and I'm suspecting that its because the ore block isn't IC2s version.
Depending on what Modpack you're on, but Monster has Mariculture, which has exactly the block you're looking for called some sort of Dictionary (just search NEI for it). It looks like a dark bookshelf. Place your ore in the top slot, and then you can toggle through the different mods by clicking on it. Then place stuff you want converted in the bottom-left, and it will either spit into an adjacent inventory or the internal inventory grid on the right.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Depending on what Modpack you're on, but Monster has Mariculture, which has exactly the block you're looking for called some sort of Dictionary (just search NEI for it). It looks like a dark bookshelf. Place your ore in the top slot, and then you can toggle through the different mods by clicking on it. Then place stuff you want converted in the bottom-left, and it will either spit into an adjacent inventory or the internal inventory grid on the right.

I'm playing DW20 so Mariculture isn't in that pack. Any other ideas?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019

Isn't there a spot in the IC2 configs for adding blocks the scanner will recognize? I remember futzing with it once upon a time; it even lets you put in the relative weight of each added block.

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
Are there hotkeys for NEI to switch between cheat and recipe mode? I just change the time of day and it's annoying having to go into the configs to change it.

And by configs I mean options.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Are there hotkeys for NEI to switch between cheat and recipe mode? I just change the time of day and it's annoying having to go into the configs to change it.

And by configs I mean options.
what i would do is set it to utility mode and just enabled time of day buttons in utility mode by right(/) clicking on it to enable it in options

Reactions: Museli

Setari

Jul 29, 2019
what i would do is set it to utility mode and just enabled time of day buttons in utility mode by right(/) clicking on it to enable it in options

Oh my god I didn't even know that was what utility mode was for. Thanks so much... saved me so many headaches.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Isn't there a spot in the IC2 configs for adding blocks the scanner will recognize? I remember futzing with it once upon a time; it even lets you put in the relative weight of each added block.

I might have to look into that. But being on a server I would rather find a different solution if possible.

Flaeye

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,

I am trying to make a minium stone on a crafting table but it does not work. I put an inert stone in the center and minium shards everywhere around it but it won't give me a minium stone and I don't understand why. I am playing on my own Unleashed server.
I noticed that the item id of my minium shards is 27000:7 and not 27000 which seemed weird and I wonder if this is the problem?

thanks for any help!

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm trying to have a device to check for blocks. For example I say check for dirt blocks and it outputs a redstone signal everytime there's a dirt block infront of it. I suppose a turtle could do that, but is there a simple block doing this?
Also, do Autonomous Activator even have Redstone control (I think they do, can't check now)

DW20 1.6 pack

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm trying to have a device to check for blocks. For example I say check for dirt blocks and it outputs a redstone signal everytime there's a dirt block infront of it. I suppose a turtle could do that, but is there a simple block doing this?
Also, do Autonomous Activator even have Redstone control (I think they do, can't check now)

DW20 1.6 pack
http://randomthingsminecraftmod.wikispaces.com/Block+Detector
I can't remember if Random Things is in DW20, but if it is there is this block.

Reactions: kaiomann

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Quasi-relevant question:

We all know and...umm... know... Greg, but where in the world is he from? A couple of tooltips on his blocks reminded me a lot of my native "Scandinavian English", such as writing "Fusionreactor" in one word, or stating the IDSU can contain "one Milliard" EU. It got me a little curious. Do anybody know?