Getting started in Magic Farm 2

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

penguin055

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, I turned IguanaTweaks off >.>

After having multiple issues with multiple different mods, I turned it off. I left allof the other mods active, of course, but after several game breaking issues with MF1, I automatically turned it off in MF2
If it has game-breaking issues, then play another pack. The whole pack is basically based on IguanaTweaks. It's like taking IC2 and Forestry out of basically any other pack.
But if you like it without IguanaTweaks, suit yourself. You won't get the whole experience of MF2 without it.

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
If it has game-breaking issues, then play another pack. The whole pack is basically based on IguanaTweaks. It's like taking IC2 and Forestry out of basically any other pack.
But if you like it without IguanaTweaks, suit yourself. You won't get the whole experience of MF2 without it.

Really? :s well, Let me get Buildcraft working in it first, because I can't get the Forestry engines to output power to the Squeezer or Carpenter for some reason, so i can't get my bees started up X.x

I know Buildcraft Pipes and the Stirling Engine work, but the ones in forestry don't face properly, and there's no pipes built in that seem to work ;s

mrbaggins

Jul 29, 2019
Forestry (weirdly) won't accept power from engines directly in this pack it seems. (Because Buildcraft is out)

Connect a conduit between them, and it does.

NEURG1

Jul 29, 2019
what is the best fishing rod and what do i need for it. also, how do i make the breeder for the fish?

Esso

Jul 29, 2019
i made a reed fishing rod, found some Ant bait and worm bait even got one minnow ...still cant fish? is there some way to equip the bait onto the rod or?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom

KaminaPlays

Jul 29, 2019
Mud hoe from BoP.[DOUBLEPOST=1387118098][/DOUBLEPOST]

Magic Farm is a conversion pack. It plays more like an rpg. It will not be to everyone's taste.
It is rather difficult, considering the sheer ammount of hell you put in it. By the way, im going to kill you now, okay, jaded?

Kurodani Yamame

Jul 29, 2019
Alright, been playing around with MF2 with Iguanas... turns out, the issues I was having with MF2 were with mariculture, but I sorted it out with some config editing. Added Forbidden magic, and turned KAMI on, and added Ars 2, becaue I like magic, as well as tossing in a more dungeons mod, and Chocolates Quest, for something gun to do.... I can attest that Walker Archers are NOT easy to deal with, even with a Bone Bow, a full set of Runic Armor, and a stack of Alumentum x.x

I am greatly enjoying how Iguanas works as well, automatically gave me Sharpness and Looting, as well as two copies of Bane of Arthropods on a Steel Broadsword I made from melting down chain armor I keep finding... and I managed to add Beheading and Moss to it, as well as Necrotic, tough that one seems to not work :T

Does anyone know how to begin Blood Magic though? Been collecting the catalysts, and made a Blood Altar and a Chemistry Set for it, but where do I go from there?