5,000 Buckets of Portable Lava

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
It would be an interesting project to make a firestone recharge station

Whereby you produce the lava, fill an area with lava, then automatically remove the obsidian to allow for the area to be refilled with lava
I'm so doing this!
@thread OP. Does it need 5000 lava sources to recharge fully or is there another set number? I'd need to build a basin which can then fit all these source blocks.

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so doing this!
@thread OP. Does it need 5000 lava sources to recharge fully or is there another set number? I'd need to build a basin which can then fit all these source blocks.
5000 source blocks. It sounds like a lot more than it really is. A 17x17x17 will easily suffice for a recharge area.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I'm so doing this!
I think the trick to a recharge station is getting rid of the obsidian afterwards really

But so you know, it can also be done in stages, I.e. charge it up 1000, refill area with lava, repeat 4 more times

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
I think the trick to a recharge station is getting rid of the obsidian afterwards really

But so you know, it can also be done in stages, I.e. charge it up 1000, refill area with lava, repeat 4 more times
You could easily run a filler, quarry, or even a mining turtle to take care of it all. If you make the bottom dimension small enough to be able to cover the whole thing with lava (non source blocks) then you could run a quarry for a few minutes to mine it up.

Reactions: jokermatt999

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
With multiple red foci on the MFR mining laser, you will increase your chances for that I think. For those who dont know, colored foci in MFR let you place a higher priority on certain types of ores to be produced. Its still not 100%, but its a damn bit more often to be sure. I currently have 3 lime foci to make mine get more uranium/emerald.

Reactions: jokermatt999

Sarda

Jul 29, 2019
Through the use of Rotarycraft's Extractor you can turn a single Firestone Ore into 4-6 uncut Firestones. Just be sure to cover the entire room your working in sprinklers and fans because its like non-stop fire all around you with all those unfinished firestones.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hm...does the firestones causes fire if placed in display boxes like those in Bibliocraft?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
Hm...does the firestones causes fire if placed in display boxes like those in Bibliocraft?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk
As long as it's not in your personal inventory, it won't start fire. Putting it in mobile inventories such as knapsacks and enderpouches also doesn't start fire.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm... Any way to camo a tnt block as something else?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I wanted to build a room with tnt as the floor but camouflaged as regular stone or stone bricks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like the easiest way to get these is via the MFR laser. I spent an hour on the floor of the lava lakes in the nether and didn't find a single firestone ore.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
It seems like the easiest way to get these is via the MFR laser. I spent an hour on the floor of the lava lakes in the nether and didn't find a single firestone ore.

I don't know about others, but for me they spawned on the surface of lava lakes, not the bottom

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know about others, but for me they spawned on the surface of lava lakes, not the bottom
What? The hax! I sponged up a potential lava lake for lava power in order to find a firestone. Probably not worth it in the end, but at least I'm trying new things...

Democretes

Jul 29, 2019
What? The hax! I sponged up a potential lava lake for lava power in order to find a firestone. Probably not worth it in the end, but at least I'm trying new things...
You could've used a ender thermal pump then just mined the stone to the bottom of the lava lake.

Reactions: PierceSG