Launch the FTB_launcher.jar with just double click!!!

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

helpful?

• Yes!

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No!

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Elodin_Wolfgang

Jul 29, 2019
Launch the FTB_launcher.jar with just double click!!! (Mac)

I have Found a way to make an executable to launch the FTB_launcher.jar easily. It goes as follows:

Listen to this YouTube video and do exactly as he says:

With the only exception being instead of the say command copy and past this:

cd ~/Desktop/ftb/
export JAVA_HOME=/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.6/Home
java -jar FTB_Launcher.jar

Last edited:

Elodin_Wolfgang

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just, like, install the JRE to be able to double click JARs?

Oooooh... Mac. :rolleyes:
Yes you can but this cuts out any complications with JRE not working. And is an opportunity to learn about the mac terminal.[DOUBLEPOST=1389852675][/DOUBLEPOST]
Couldn't you just install JRE and simply double click?
Óh wait.. My bad.
i cant tell if you are being sarcastic or not haha

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I created a command file that works like this may try to make it into an app format so I can dock it later

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
I created a command file that works like this may try to make it into an app format so I can dock it later
You can put jar files on the dock, it just has to be on the side where the trash is. Making apps is super easy with Automator.
Yes you can but this cuts out any complications with JRE not working. And is an opportunity to learn about the mac terminal.
I haven't had any complications with using a jar file to launch FTB. And eh, it's just unix.

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Can't you just, like, install the JRE to be able to double click JARs?

Oooooh... Mac. :rolleyes:

I do believe it's because OS X doesn't handle Java 7 (the first non-apple build of Java) to well. In my experience the solution was programming a script to launch the game with Java 6.

Elodin_Wolfgang

Jul 29, 2019
I do believe it's because OS X doesn't handle Java 7 (the first non-apple build of Java) to well. In my experience the solution was programming a script to launch the game with Java 6.
Yes the code is up in the main topic ^^ just change the java 1.6 to 7

EnzymeA113

Jul 29, 2019
Ah, k. Anyway, doing this allows you to put the applescript in the Dock's application section, which is impossible with just a regular jar.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think Mavericks might use J7u45 by default for stuff like Minecraft, but before that it does not. I just used Automator with 2 shell scripts:
Code:
cd <location that Minecraft is in>
Code:
java -d64 -Xms<minRAMallocation> -Xmx<maxRAMallocation> -jar <File path to Bootstrap.jar>

As for FTB, it automatically uses Java 7 anyway.

Elodin_Wolfgang

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I think Mavericks might use J7u45 by default for stuff like Minecraft, but before that it does not. I just used Automator with 2 shell scripts:
Code:
cd <location that Minecraft is in>
Code:
java -d64 -Xms<minRAMallocation> -Xmx<maxRAMallocation> -jar <File path to Bootstrap.jar>

As for FTB, it automatically uses Java 7 anyway.
Not my computer for some reason humm. Oh well. And when they say you cant load the 1.6.0 minecraft and above with java 1.6 that is not true, I can still run all of that.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Not my computer for some reason humm. Oh well. And when they say you cant load the 1.6.0 minecraft and above with java 1.6 that is not true, I can still run all of that.
I know you can run it, but certain mods require Java 7. Also, running java 7 will significantly improve performance.

_gjkf_

Jul 29, 2019
Can't just write /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin/java -jar /Users/User/"path for the .jar" in a script shell and then use automator? I did this and it's working perfectly.