Mind Puzzle: What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Mind Puzzle - What came first, the chicken or the egg?

• The Chicken

Votes: 19 61.3%
  • The Egg

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

whizzball1

Jul 29, 2019
THere are two main perspectives to look at this from: A religious perspective and an atheistic perspective.

From the atheistic perspective: The egg of the first modern chicken came first, since it evolved from dinosaurs.
From the religious perspective: God created the chicken first, not the egg, as there would be no other chicken to incubate it if the egg came first.

Reactions: PeggleFrank

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
THere are two main perspectives to look at this from: A religious perspective and an atheistic perspective.

From the atheistic perspective: The egg of the first modern chicken came first, since it evolved from dinosaurs.
From the religious perspective: God created the chicken first, not the egg, as there would be no other chicken to incubate it if the egg came first.
The ATheistic is MUCH broader :p

Celestialphoenix

Too Much Free Time
Nov 9, 2012
Tartarus.. I mean at work. Same thing really.
'Chicken' refers to a specific species of bird, wheres 'egg' is fairly generic.
Eggs -in various and sizes- are seen across the animal kingdom (birds, reptiles, fish, amphibia, mammals ect), as well as preserved in the fossil record.
As chickens are a relatively new species, its safe to say eggs are far older.

So which came first- the chicken bird or the chicken egg?​

Reactions: PeggleFrank

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019

The religious perspective could also say the egg came first but GOD incubated it ;):cool:

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
neither, evolution made something like a chicken at one point and that laid an egg which was kinda like a chicken, and so on, and so forth, until we got a chicken, so really, the thing that started the evolutionary chain came first.

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
neither, evolution made something like a chicken at one point and that laid an egg which was kinda like a chicken, and so on, and so forth, until we got a chicken, so really, the thing that started the evolutionary chain came first.
PROTO CHICKEN!!11!!!1!one!!1!

penguin055

Jul 29, 2019
DO NOT START AN ARGUMENT FROM THIS
I believe the chicken came first because all of the first animals were created mature by God.

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
DO NOT START AN ARGUMENT FROM THIS
I believe the chicken came first because all of the first animals were created mature by God.
ya... saying you don't want to an argument will TOTALLY(sarcasm) work on a thread that was kinda designed for debate...just saying, don't be surprised if a person challenges your view on things:p.Though this forums deals pretty well with controversial topics, so nothing will probably happen.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
But people created chickens from the jungle fowl, so the egg came first no matter if you believe in evolution or intelligent design

Last edited:
Reactions: the_j485

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
because it was dumb and thought it was just regular ground

or you could imagine the chicken being the soul of a creature wanting to be reborn, and crossing the road could mean the process of reincarnation, and because the chicken crossed the road, it was able to reincarnate as an egg to be born as a chicken... ok, I was trying to say something funny but I completely screwed up that one

Reactions: SkeletonPunk

SkeletonPunk

Jul 29, 2019
or you could imagine the chicken being the soul of a creature wanting to be reborn, and crossing the road could mean the process of reincarnation, and because the chicken crossed the road, it was able to reincarnate as an egg to be born as a chicken... ok, I was trying to say something funny but I completely screwed up that one
that was still kinda funny:p

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
that was still kinda funny:p

e6K2nzL.gif