Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Thanks for that. Interesting (i.e. depressing) stuff. It would be a terrible shame if the BuildCraft devs asked for MJ compatability to be removed. How many mods would that make that have been asked not to generate MJ? Has it happened before, or would this be the first? I know Eloraam asked people not to generate Blutricity, that's the only similar situation that I'm aware of.

sciguyryan

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for that. Interesting (i.e. depressing) stuff. It would be a terrible shame if the BuildCraft devs asked for MJ compatability to be removed. How many mods would that make that have been asked not to generate MJ? Has it happened before, or would this be the first? I know Eloraam asked people not to generate Blutricity, that's the only similar situation that I'm aware of.

The more apt and important question is this. If the CoFH guys complied and removed it, how many angry users would go back and complain at the BC guys for breaking their builds by requesting it be removed? You need only look at the builds of popular youtubers (DW20 for example) and its pretty clear how much stuff would break as a result. It wouldn't be pretty.

Vicerious

Jul 29, 2019
Ran into an issue with interaction with Agriculture, as part of the Feed the Beast Lite 2 modpack.

I placed a brewer and then put a Hardened Portable Tank on top of it full of water (16 buckets' worth). When I used the Crescent Hammer to switch the tank to output mode, the graphic showed it emptied about half of its contents (8 buckets). My server then crashed. I was unable to start the server until I used MCedit to remove the tank and brewer.

I've made the same post on Agriculture's CurseForge page.

Jadedcat

Jul 29, 2019
As moderator:

Calling people names is not allowed. Personal attacks are not allowed. ( This includes conspiracy theories ) Reasonable polite discussions of opposing view point are always welcome.

Omegatron

Mar 29, 2013
England
We'd probably also drop BC pipe support at the same time, since the BC guys apparently don't like us interacting with their mod.
Would that mean pipes don't work at all with TE machines or just that TE machines don't auto-eject into pipes (do they do that still?).

SynfulChaot

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not ruling it out entirely. A Flux Engine and a Kinetic Dynamo (the code for this is already in the TE jar, actually) wouldn't be hard to make, but I feel almost like it'd be better to make them as a separate mod and have a truly "clean" break. We'd probably also drop BC pipe support at the same time, since the BC guys apparently don't like us interacting with their mod.

I really hope that it isn't necessary to drop all BC support. It'd be a shame to drop all cross-mod intercompatibility between the two, especially given the genesis of TE. Despite the hard-line stance by some, I hope you take the high road here. If MJ -> RF support won't be added on their end for whatever reasons, then perhaps the Kinetic Dynamo wouldn't be too bad of an idea?

Back OT(ish) I think CJs issue is that the power conversion is only 1 way. My view is that it's KL (and Team CoFHs) mod to do with in whichever way they please. It may have been an addon (or a lifesaver) for BC at one point, but now that theres been the split I don't think anyone has a leg to stand on when telling KL what to do.. thats just kinda... well BS frankly.

All of this. You can't tell another mod author how to make their own mod. All you can do is try to work with them. But working with is a two-way street.

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
what stops you from plunking a chest above quarry and use the bloody ducts?
not a single goddamn thing :p other than maybe the output of the quarry is too fast for the duct, I know it was definitely too fast for an RP2 filter back in 1.4.7

Loufmier

Jul 29, 2019
not a single goddamn thing :p other than maybe the output of the quarry is too fast for the duct, I know it was definitely too fast for an RP2 filter back in 1.4.7
you can:
1 throttle quarry' speed
2 use more than 1 duct
3 use glowstone filled duct, what ever their actual name is. and i'm not sure if they can solve the problem, but what the hell...

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
Can I ask a TE "support" question here? :)

power >>>>>>>> Hardened Conduit >>>>>>> Leadstone Energy Cell >>>>>>>> Leadstone Conduit >>>>>>> stuff

Here are the settings on the Energy cell:
- left side is input
- right side is output
- all other sides are yellow
- redstone setting is set to HIGH

The problem: The energy cell fills up, but it is constantly outputting power to the leadstone conduit, ignoring the redstone setting.
Is this a known issue or just something weird happening on my 103 Monster server? Thanks!

SonOfABirch

Jul 29, 2019
if it's your server, first try updating to the most recent version. Afaik, monster is using a beta version, in which the conduits were a little... wonky