Strangly low FPS using dire pack

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

krugle

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Everyone happy holidays and all that,

I have upgraded to 1.6.4 and am getting low FPS on SSP basically in the area of 30-40 fps on a fresh map,
I know many people get in the area of 10-20 so don't think that I am complaining however I use to get 100 fps on a well used SSP map in 1.5.2 so I am curious is this a common occurrence since the update or has something changed in my own rig that I just haven't noticed.
I have of course updated my drivers and have tried disabling some known lag causing mods but nothing really seems to be helping much. Any opinions would be appreciated guys.

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
I was getting the same. It didn't want to use my graphics card, so I had to go around and force everything to use it.

krugle

Jul 29, 2019
Can you tell me about that? I don't have an intergrated GPU mine is dedicated, so I can't imagine that it wouldn't be able to not use it.
My specs
CPU- AMD theban 1100 (3.2ghz) stock
Ram- 16gb 1033
GPU- ATI HD 7970

krugle

Jul 29, 2019
I also have tried optifine ( I know I can't get support here for it) but it didn't increase FPS by much which is strange for me and also when set to multi-core the world uh vanishes every time a chunk updates lol

CapturetheBomb

Jul 29, 2019
Since you have such a powerful computer, I think the best solution would be to set up a local server on it. I heard somewhere that Minecraft will only run on a single core, so if you shed some of the load to a server, your FPS might get a bit of an improvement.

Reactions: krugle

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
I heard that Opis was giving people problems aswell in the early versions of the modpack.
as for me, it's strange but if I load a modpack through the vanilla launcher I get full fps, but through any other launcher I get fps between 20-40

krugle

Jul 29, 2019
I ended up going using ATlauncher' solitary craft (allows you to pick which mods you want from a list of 190) picked out 99 got 60-80 FPS instead of the 30-40 I was getting with FTB. Then I tried creating a server to spread the load between my cores better, and now am back to 90-110.
Thank you Capture your idea worked quite well.