Can't install BetterSnow mod

cluedo97

Jul 29, 2019
Hello I have tried to install this mod in any way I can come up with, like putting it in all of the mod folders and directly putting it in the Minecraft.jar folder. have anyone else tried to install this mod if so did it work and how but if not can someone test to install it

I have tested to install the mod in 1.6.4 horizons and direwolf20 modpacks and the game starts up fine but the mod doesn't load at all. I have looked in the log and it says that it misses a ''mc...log'' file witch is for forge I think and I have also seen this message ''FML has found a non mod-file''

I hope someone can get this right because I want to have that Christmas felling in the game

DrowElf

Jul 29, 2019
Copying this over from another thread where I just said this.
Click the edit modpack button while you have the modpack you want to change selected, click Add Mod, navigate to the new mod, select it, then click open.

Dex Luther

Jul 29, 2019
I got it working, but it's a sneaky mod in the sense that it won't show up as a loaded mod. The only way to know if it worked is to load a world, make it snow, and wait a little bit.

It's a jar mod, so you have to put it IN the .jar. It's probably easier to use FTB's "jar mod" tab and put it there.

cluedo97

Jul 29, 2019
oh thanks, you can also see if it's working by looking in settings and there is a tab called something like snow settings