Should I update my DW20 pack to 1.0.7?

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

JoeOtaku

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently still running on 1.0.3 and idk if i should update since i am having a great time with the pack and the mods i have added are dartcraft (which i did not mess with the config but magically worked) and compact windmills. ive herd that now steam dynamos produce 80rf per tick and uses 40mb of steam, so im worried about my 288 steam dynamos since i dont have enough steam for them. Also ive heard that ducts and conduits have problem when you update.

Just asking is it a good idea to update.

Shevron

Aug 12, 2013
Probably is a good idea since they're addressing a lot of buggy mods at the moment - it's why the versions are changing like once a day.

But as Jadedcat said:
When updating from 1.0.4 remove any conduits and ducts in your world and hold them in your inventory. Railcraft's invisible tracking block was removed because of bugs. However this causes ducts and conduits to go invisible and be unremovable when updating. This is not a Thermal Expansion bug.

Vulcan_Legend

Jul 29, 2019
It is probably a good idea to update because it fixes some bugs that I'm sure you will encounter but as mentioned above you will have to replace all of your conduits and ducts

bRiCk

Jul 29, 2019
I have lost my LV Solar Arrays in one of these last updates. So I'd suggest taking world backups.

DeathGoth

Jul 29, 2019
I updated yesterday server and client... the client kept telling me about something not installed on the client... nil.tile...

I rolled back and will update at a later time... so all in all its not really a big deal, apparently however people are having issues with something with hidden railcraft objects...