[1.7.10] Engineer's Toolbox - Now with programmable sockets!

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
Man, once people wrap their minds around how ET works...I think it will blow up big.

I mean seriously....Algae farms for power....genius
i dont think any one realizes but mek electrolytic seperators +water + little bit of energy +rotary condensintrator= liquid hydrogen liquid hydrogen+ gascraft generators = ALL THE POWER

Odovbold

Jul 29, 2019
i dont think any one realizes but mek electrolytic seperators +water + little bit of energy +rotary condensintrator= liquid hydrogen liquid hydrogen+ gascraft generators = ALL THE POWER
Is Rotary condensinator from RotatryCraft?
Can you make a tutorial please? :p

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
Rotary Condensentrator is a newly added item from Mekanism.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Hydrogen from GasCraft (or any of the GasCraft gases) aren't compatible with hydrogen from other mods. GasCraft relies on fluids being implemented a certain way, and if another mod registered hydrogen first, the whole thing just wouldn't work, so it had to be unique. Unless Mekanism specifically adds its hydrogen as a GasCraft generator fuel, it won't work in a GasCraft generator.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
My finals finished yesterday and that means updates for Emasher Resource (1.2.1.8), Engineer's Toolbox (1.1.6.6), and GasCraft (2.0.3.2).

The full changelog is on the wiki, but it's mostly all bugfixes.

There are a few new features though:

Flat Bedrock compatibility for GasCraft (config option)
Natural Gas and Hydrogen now work with TE compression dynamos
EU and MJ adapters have configurable (with a wrench) output and input (default is input) to support TE conduits.

Download links are on the wiki as usual.

DamagePlan

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question about some mechanics involving input and output with your mod mainly the distibutors.

(Fluid is an example)
Fluid Input - Accepts liquid inpute
Fluid Output - Pumps out liquid
Fluid Extractor - Pulls liquid (from source blocks/tanks etc?)
Fluid Distributor - Is this like a round robin type of thing relying on multiple outputs?

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Basically. The fluid extractor can only pull from IFluidHandlers (tanks machines, etc.), not source blocks. The output can only interact with those (and pipes) as well.

The distributor is indeed a round robin, and the selected inventory/tank is excluded if one is selected. Keep in mind that the Item Distributor can only be fed by other sockets due to Minecraft's inventory interfaces being kind of terrible.

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Hydrogen from GasCraft (or any of the GasCraft gases) aren't compatible with hydrogen from other mods. GasCraft relies on fluids being implemented a certain way, and if another mod registered hydrogen first, the whole thing just wouldn't work, so it had to be unique. Unless Mekanism specifically adds its hydrogen as a GasCraft generator fuel, it won't work in a GasCraft generator.
Are they ore dict? because if so then mekanism and engineers toolbox is a really powerful combination
See above. Was literally asked about this page.

@Emasher, I keep saying I'm going to use this mod, and it's been sitting in my pack for a while now... Is there any tricks or tips I should know before I use it? We just had a map reset, and.... I'm going to try and use ET. Haha

sadris

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have plans to nerf Hydrogen/NG by 75% and add in a config file to match the liquid-fuel nerfs that are now in GregTech, BC, Forestry, and Railcraft?

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
I am working on a tutorial series for ET, kind of stymied right now due to figuring which portion to go over next and how deep to go into each section. Thinking power gen is next up using the various methods to gen power...it's that or ore processing all the way up to using the kiln and ore tripling end game processing.

After that I need to learn the redstone modules and get that all figured out. I am terrible with redstone but understand most logic systems it has just been a while since I have use Bolean Algebra :/

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
Do you have plans to nerf Hydrogen/NG by 75% and add in a config file to match the liquid-fuel nerfs that are now in GregTech, BC, Forestry, and Railcraft?

I suppose a config option wouldn't hurt, but I'm not going to work out new default numbers to keep balanced with the MJ mods, and especially not Gregtech.

The less powerful other power generation methods get, the more likely people are to just use lava, which is boring.

With hydrogen you already need quite a bit of infrastructure to produce significant amounts of power. Same with natural gas if you don't have fluid teleportation.

Emasher

Jul 29, 2019
See above. Was literally asked about this page.

@Emasher, I keep saying I'm going to use this mod, and it's been sitting in my pack for a while now... Is there any tricks or tips I should know before I use it? We just had a map reset, and.... I'm going to try and use ET. Haha

Definitely read the socket basics and machines pages on the wiki before you try anything. It's a complicated mod, and not one that can simply be understood intuitively. The extra flexibility you get comes with that price. The main thing is understanding how the 3 inventories, tanks, etc. system works, how to set up and configure sockets, and how the machine output works.

Tedyhere also made a great video explaining how these things work, so you should definitely check that out too. I still need to get around to re-writing the OP post and embedding the video.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Glad you like the video. Still getting everything set up and ready for power generation and Ore processing videos

CascadingDragon

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely read the socket basics and machines pages on the wiki before you try anything. It's a complicated mod, and not one that can simply be understood intuitively. The extra flexibility you get comes with that price. The main thing is understanding how the 3 inventories, tanks, etc. system works, how to set up and configure sockets, and how the machine output works.

Tedyhere also made a great video explaining how these things work, so you should definitely check that out too. I still need to get around to re-writing the OP post and embedding the video.
I actually understood that from back when I 1st looked at this mod. Was just curious on the best way to start. I'm currently using it to charge my redstone arsenal tools.

tedyhere

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on what you want to do with it...there are so many different options to do things it's just silly :D

I am using Hydro dams to power my entire base...a ton of iron but it's worth it in my opinion. You can also use Engineers Toolbox to triple your ore production using a Kiln, Multi smelter and a centrifuge. Of course you need stacks of limestone to do this but yeah, it's a nice option