Server Worldgen is Different than Single Player Worldgen with Same Seed

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
That basically it, I wonder what might be causing it? Have you ever experienced such a thing? I must note that both server and client are using identical mods, identical configs. Worldgen is DEFAULT on both.

The list might be long though the mods that change world generation are basically ExtrabiomesXL and Thaumcraft.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
That basically it, I wonder what might be causing it? Have you ever experienced such a thing? I must note that both server and client are using identical mods, identical configs. Worldgen is DEFAULT on both.

The list might be long though the mods that change world generation are basically ExtrabiomesXL and Thaumcraft.

I think when both are vanilla, they're about the same when it comes to landscape, but with mods that add world generation, it'll probably be different every time.
for example in a seed you might have a thaumium hill the first time, but if you regenerate the world the second time, it won't be there anymore

Xeonen

Jul 29, 2019
I think when both are vanilla, they're about the same when it comes to landscape, but with mods that add world generation, it'll probably be different every time.
for example in a seed you might have a thaumium hill the first time, but if you regenerate the world the second time, it won't be there anymore

What I'm encountering is a bit different and weird, both server and client are composed of exactly same mods and same configs yet biomes are totally different. Rainforest turns into snowforest and desert into extreme hills. It is not a slight change one would expect.

Yusunoha

Jul 29, 2019
What I'm encountering is a bit different and weird, both server and client are composed of exactly same mods and same configs yet biomes are totally different. Rainforest turns into snowforest and desert into extreme hills. It is not a slight change one would expect.

I don't know how mods like ExtraBiomesXL work when regenerating the world... if they'll generate the same biomes in the same seeds, or just randomly generate biomes.
if it does generate biomes randomly each time it'd explain why your singleplayer and multiplayer worlds are so different from eachother.